Samsung ru7400 to Sony Xf9005

Splyzer

Novice Member
Hi all,

First post!
I've been a bit of a lurker and wanted a new tv, I've purchased a 65 inch Sony xf9005 which will replace my Sammy RU7400 is the difference night and day? Or should I have kept it?

LG88

Hi all,

First post!
I've been a bit of a lurker and wanted a new tv, I've purchased a 65 inch Sony xf9005 which will replace my Sammy RU7400 is the difference night and day? Or should I have kept it?
massive difference.

LCDseeker

Hi all,

First post!
Should be a massive upgrade.

depot

A massive upgrade on hdr, but surely on sdr sources an improvement, but massive ?, would be grateful if the OP updates how he finds the difference when he gets the Sony, might make me finally update my LG ,which gives a great sdr picture, but really bad hdr picture to the Sony XG9005

LCDseeker

A massive upgrade on hdr, but surely on sdr sources an improvement, but massive ?, would be grateful if the OP updates how he finds the difference when he gets the Sony, might make me finally update my LG ,which gives a great sdr picture, but really bad hdr picture to the Sony XG9005
The upscaling on this Sony set is superb. Obviously it's all in the eyes of the beholder and the SDR on the Samsung should be pretty good for a budget set but on the Sony it should be a huge improvement. The Samsung is also edge lit from the base, has no local dimming and has various other negatives.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Physical Discs?, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon
Top Bottom