• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Remote

D

davewhit

Ok guys got my new Samsung HD box yesterday and find the response from the remote is awful. rang sky who then sent another engineer out today whom blamed the remote itself. has any one has the same issues and sorted it out yet.

cheers dave

Stuart

Distinguished Member
It's not the remote, it's the Sammy box.
I had the sammy box swapped for another today and it's just as bad.

I've also tried it with my Harmony One, that worked superbly with my previous Thomson box, and still the same problem with the sammy.

Basically, the samsung seems to not pick up anywhere between 1 in 3 and 1 in 20 commands.

I suspect that all Samsungs are the same and most people with one don't realise the problem and just think they didn't press the button hard enough.

Please can anyone with a Samsung repeatedly press a button on the remote and see how many times it's not received (look for the red light on the front of the box).

The engineer left me his card and is trying to track down a new Pace box for me. I can't put up with the Sammy.

Last edited:

kenedin

A decent Magic Eye solves this. It's a well-known problem with the new boxes. Check out other threads on the problem .

jenic

Please can anyone with a Samsung repeatedly press a button on the remote and see how many times it's not received (look for the red light on the front of the box).

I counted up to 60 presses on the remote until i got bored, all of which were recieved (i just kept pressing up and seeing the guide channel change as it seemed easier).

Its a samsung, i am sitting approx 7 - 8 feet away from it.

Stuart

Distinguished Member
I counted up to 60 presses on the remote until i got bored, all of which were recieved (i just kept pressing up and seeing the guide channel change as it seemed easier).

Its a samsung, i am sitting approx 7 - 8 feet away from it.

Thanks for that. I must have been unlucky to have 2 boxes with the same fault. :(

serial killer

i find that when i turn mine on after its been off for a long time while the hard drive spins up and for the first couple of minutes the remote response is crap after that all returns to normal.

D

davewhit

My son has the Tv Link in his room so i cannot do that but i will say it works brill in his room, i have spoke to sky they say they are waiting on a software update but not to sure if to believe sky or not.

thanks anyway
dave

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom