Samsung remote/side button pressing issues

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by dean_brfc, Jun 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. dean_brfc

dean_brfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    My Samsung LE32B450 - well overdue being replaced! - developed a fault last week, whereby it kept changing the input source on it's own every few minutes.

It's since stopped doing that, but now it is virtually unresponsive to anything being pressed on the remote or the TV itself. That means it was stuck in one channel, and the volume etc doesn't work.

I managed to do a factory reset through the service menu. Nothing changed except I lost my one channel since I can't retune.

I'll list out a few things it can and can't do since it's a little bit weird:

- On the remote, standby will turn the TV on and off. When the TV is on, no other remote buttons work.
    - When the TV is in standby mode, I can access the service menu by hitting info > menu > mute > power. So it obviously registers those button presses in standby mode but not when the TV is on.
    - The input/source button on the TV works most of the time, albeit with some lag.
    - The menu button (situated beneath the input one) on the TV works. But if I do press it, it then jumps about and acts if I am still pressing it.

It still acts like this if I take the batteries out of the remote. My totally uneducated guess is that something has happened to those two top buttons on the TV and one (or both) is almost continually being pressed.

I've already ordered a replacement, but I wouldn't mind open up the TV and seeing if I can do something in there to fix it. It will just get thrown away otherwise, so it's a no lose situation.

So my question is...does anyone have any idea what I should attempt that might fix the problem? My only thought so far is to see if I can open it up and disconnect the buttons on the side, hoping the remote would start working again.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,614
    Yes, that will work, open it up and unplug the connector to the function control PCB.
    Naturally observe safety precautions...unplug it before you start.