Samsung refunding me in full for LE37R41B. New LCD needed!

D

Duradrum

Hi,

My LE37R41B was faulty. So I called Samsung, who were going to arrange a firm to repair my LCD. To cut a long story short, the repair company took over 5 weeks to even contact me. A strong letter of complaint to Samsung UK has resulted in them offering me a full refund for the set, and I can now goto the retailer I purchased it from (www.webelectricals.co.uk) and buy anything upto the value I paid for my Sammy (£1400ish last year).

So, I'm currently looking at putting a little more together and getting the LE40M61B. Now, on paper, this looks much better. In the real world, can anyone comment on performance compared to the LE37R that I currently have? Is it worth the extra £500 (I do gain 3") but is there much difference in the PQ?

Thanks.

ps, well done Samsung for sorting this mess out :clap:

I'm in a similar position with my LE32R41B, it's just about to have it's 3rd repair so once it's back from repair I will be complaining to Samsung and asking for a refund as I'm not best happy and don't wan't to keep the set in the hope that it "might be ok" (what the lady at Samsung said over the phone!). Is it worth paying the extra and going to the newer model?

Duradrum, would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the letter you wrote and to let me know who you addressed it to?

My Samsung Plasma has been dead now for nearly seven weeks and only had a few days of use from new, but unfortunately returning it to the vendor is not an option. I've been on the phone to Samsung daily dealing with their service department and so far they've been about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address.

Many thanks

Seri

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom