1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung - Rectangular area pixel problem

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by murts, Aug 23, 2005.

1. murts

murts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone else had this problem with any of the LEnnRnnB family, I've got the LE23R41B.

The last 2.5 inches of the screen on the righthand side, top to bottom, is displaying the pixels differently from the rest of the screen. The problem area looks like the Demo side of the screen with DNIe off. This only started happening last night and is incredibly obvious. It looks to me to be where the 4:3 screen size finishes, I think the DNIe has stopped working after this point. I've phoned Samsung and they are arranging to send someone round to take a look.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so what the resolution was.

Cheers.

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    It sounds like you have temporary "burn-in". Is the affected area the exact same size as the black bars of the 4:3 mode, then that's almost definitely what it is. Just keep viewing full-screen material, and it should gradually disappear.

3. murts

murts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The size and shape is the same as the black bar of 4:3 but it's only on the righthand side of the screen, also I don't watch anything in 4:3 so I don't see how I could have got burn-in.

You are probably right mind, when the engineer comes round it will be fine and I'll look as thick as a whale omelette.

4. murts

murts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Advice now please.....

Samsung sent out on engineer, he took the LCD with him, 2 weeks later I got it back unrepaired. The engineer told Samsung it needed a new panel so Samsung said send it back and we'll organise a replacement.

Samsung reckon it will be November before they can get a replacement so
    I've told them it's not good enough and I want a refund. Samsung say "we only repair or replace under warranty" but they are doing neither.

Anyone had a similar experience ?
    Do I have any options apart from waiting in out ?

5. murts

murts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry to witter on, I feel like I'm holding a conversation with myself.....

I've been on to Samsung again today, apparently there is a 'credit note' in the post, after a lengthy discussion I'm still in the dark as to what this 'credit note' will achieve. I bought the LCD from Web Electricals who have not heard of one of these 'credit notes' before, let alone how they are supposed to work.

Anyone been given a 'credit note' from a manufacturer and presented it to an e-retailer ? (how do you present it for a start ?)

6. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Read this http://www.howtocomplain.com/info/kyr/TSAdviceonBuyingGoods.shtml then phone your local trading standards. It may be worth waiting until you get the credit note in your hand so see what it actually is. Your action though should be against the retailer, not the manufacturer. In my experience, trading standards provide a fabulous service that is free and correct unlike what I am giving which is free and my own interpretation.

-Ian

7. murts

murts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that Ianh64, there is some good stuff on that site. This is slightly more tricky as it's the timescale involved in getting me a replacement that is causing the problem. I don't suppose there is a law that states if a replacement cannot be give by X days a full refund must be given. Hopefully I'll have this 'credit note' tomorrow and I'll see where I end up.