1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung rear projection tv

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by sjtaylor_199, Oct 25, 2004.

1. sjtaylor_199

sjtaylor_199

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, guys

I have just purchased a samsung rear projection 42 inch TV.

http://www.samsung.co.uk/cgi-bin/ec...ainment/TV/Projection+TV&prodID=SP42Q2HLX/XEU

Connected to this i have a Toshiba video recorder a gruindig sky box and a sony dvd player. I connected it up as follows.

The TV has 3 scart sockets

Socket 1 into the sky box with another scart going to the video

Socket 2 to the DVD player

Socket 3 to my Xbox

I also have coax leads between the TV, video, Ariel and sky.

What i cant understand is when the tv is on channel 1,2,3, or 4 just using the Ariel co ax setup the picture is really clear and sharp watching sky via coax is not clear but when i use the scart leads to watch sky the picture is far worse and I thought using scart leads and the digital tv should give a clearer picture?

I don’t know if I need to alter any settings or use different scart leads any help would be appreciated I am very new to this and Samsung were not very helpful basically told me as I was getting a clear picture using the coax setup the TV was not at fault.

The TV is a HDTV does that mean anything to you, should i change setting connections or do I need new scart leads thanks for your help. Someone said to me about swapping the sky setting to rgb? What will that do?

Thanks