Samsung Rear Pro LCD - Dead?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by NPM108, Feb 28, 2005.

1. NPM108

NPM108
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Samsung had and in some countries still have the SP43L2HX and SP46L5HX LCD rear pro TVs and I notice that most posts on this forum were from early 2004.

Now that we are early 2005 I am wondering if anyone still has this TV and can give a report on their experience.

I just bought the SP46L3HX which is the DLP model but will be returning it as I find the colour wheel too noisy and on my particular set its making a horrible high pitched whine.

This leaves me to look at the LCD rear pro's.....any thoughts :lease:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,410
    Are you sure it's the colour wheel that's making the noise? All lamp based projectors have a cooling fan - this would include LCD RPs. It may be this that you can hear. In which case the change you propose may not solve the problem.

However, if you want LCD RP, and you have difficulty finding the said Samsung, then Sony do several as an alternative under the Grand Wega branding.

Or, choose a direct vision TV of some type - they are usually quiet or totally silent.....

3. PeteBKK

PeteBKK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I have the SP50L2HX. I am more than happy with it thus far but I only got it about a month ago. I live in Thailand and our choices are limited. I spent A LOT of time viewing both the SP50L2HX and the SP46L3HX but in the end I had to take the LCD RPTV as I was constantly seeing thoses damn rainbow effects, especially on my Japanese black and white movies. The SP50L2 has everything I need and, although I do see the screen door effects (doesn't bother me that much), it was the best value for money. I got it for 99,900 baht which is about 1,350 quid. That price included a stand and a fairly decent progressive scan DVD player with DVI out. All technologies have their pros and cons so I got this relatively cheap system until one of the techs emerges as the clear winner.

You can see the Aussies still have a fairly lively forum on these Samsung TVs here:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=244

Hope that helps.
    Pete.