Samsung R87 - Trouble connecting to PC as a 2nd monitor

M

Mummraah

I just purchased a Samsung R87 and I'm having some difficulty getting it hooked up to my PC to use as a second monitor.

I have a Geforce 7900 graphics card with dual display, DVI-I dual link, my primary monitor is a 19" TFT that is connected with a DVI cable.

I am trying to connect my R87 with a VGA cable and a DVI/VGA adaptor, my PC is recognising the Samsung as a display but I am not getting any picture.

When I change the source on the Samsung to PC it goes into standby after a couple of seconds.

I've been playing about with various resolutions and frequencies but to no avail, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M

Mummraah

Sods law, as I was writing this post I was fiddling with the settings and lo and behold it decided to work, tbh I can't see why it wasn't working before as I didn't do anything differently. The only prob now is, I get screen tearing on my TFT when I run it in dualview but its bearable.

M

Mummraah

The problem continues, I got up this morning and decided to check that my Samsung was still connected as a 2nd monitor and guess what happened....

Changed the source to PC and it went to standby again!!

I have not changed any settings, so don't know why it would do this, please help as this is driving me insane!

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom