• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung R74 Vs. Xbox360

N

Nightdog

Need a little help please, not sure if i'm just being stupid. I just got a samsung R74 32". I tried to connect up a xbox 360 using 15pin pc hd cable which has 2 audio jacks on it. This is an official cable, not something i mocked up. However, no matter which set of audio ports i use on the tv i get no sound. There is a small audio jack next to the pc connector but the lead does not fit this. The shop where i bought the lead have a samsung and 360 set up for their demo and assured me that the pc cable was the best option. Without sound i doubt that....any clues if i'm doing anything wrong or does the R74 not support the pc in plus 2 audio sockets combination?? Desperate for an answer....please help

C225

Distinguished Member
there should be an adapter with the hd cable to convert the two audio leads to the jack input on the tv. If you cant find it they can be bought for 2 quid from maplin here

N

Nightdog

Thanks for the info. Have you connected the same way and if so is there any noticable difference in sound quality and distribution?

C225

Distinguished Member
I had i connected that way for a while and the sound was fine. I now have it connected to some speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom