Samsung r74 "Burn In" issue

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Prime, Sep 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Prime

Prime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I got this telly from John lewis last year, and since then I havn't been on the forum a lot since then,

The Tv has been fine, but tonight I noticed a line on the screen of a different shade while playing my 360, I checked the other inputs, and the same fault was there.

Upon closer inspection it seems that the line actually follows the black rectangular .5 cm Border of the screen when using the Picture in Picture function of the TV.

I'm going to leave the tv off for a bit to see if this goes away as this is the first I have noticed it and I have been using the PIP function for the last few months, including today.

Has any other user experienced this?

Will this kind of thing be covered in warranty by John Lewis (under their 5 year guarantee) or even by samsung?

Surely using a function of the tv, which ends up impeding the image quality has to be covered as it seems to be a major design flaw to me.

2. Prime

Prime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Nobody?

3. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    Did leaving the tv off a while clear this up, if not does it not tell you in the JL warranty info what is and isn't covered...give them a call by all accounts there after sales service is supposed to de 2nd to none.

Curly