Samsung R74 Audio Question

Sy1441

Prominent Member
Reaction score
A friend has the r74 32" lcd and has his 360 connected up via component but he cant get any sound. He's assured me he has connected the left and right audio to the correct inputs on the tv, so

Is there more than one set of L/R audio ports on the back of this set ?

Do you have to assign the audio input to a certain channel and if so how do you assign it to component ?

the component hd leads come with 3 extra cables on the end apart from the rgb signal, 1 is yellow ( composite ) 1 is red ( audio ) and 1 is white ( audio ), the audio he should be connecting to is the inputs right beside the component inputs. there is nothing else to do on the lcd. make sure he has flicked the hd tv switch on the 360 video output and check that digital stereo is selected in the sound options of the 360. if this doesn't work then either the lcd or 360 are duff. ps make sure all cables are fully pushed home.

the component hd leads come with 3 extra cables on the end apart from the rgb signal, 1 is yellow ( composite ) 1 is red ( audio ) and 1 is white ( audio ), the audio he should be connecting to is the inputs right beside the component inputs. there is nothing else to do on the lcd. make sure he has flicked the hd tv switch on the 360 video output and check that digital stereo is selected in the sound options of the 360. if this doesn't work then either the lcd or 360 are duff. ps make sure all cables are fully pushed home.

Why would you select digital stereo when your using analogue connections ?

Why would you select digital stereo when your using analogue connections ?

You are of course correct, But I cannot understand why it is not working, Therefor the phrase grasping at straws springs to mind lol. If what you say is correct and your friend has indeed connected everything appropriately these were the only suggestions I could come up with to try and help. :suicide:

You are of course correct, But I cannot understand why it is not working, Therefor the phrase grasping at straws springs to mind lol. If what you say is correct and your friend has indeed connected everything appropriately these were the only suggestions I could come up with to try and help. :suicide:

He's not the most technically minded of people but i sold him the tv and the 360, he lives through in Edinburgh and i was trying to save the trip through to sort it. Hopefully he's just plugged things in the wrong way.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom