Samsung R73 or N73? (Technosonic went back)

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by icurnow, Dec 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably going shopping tomorrow...

Can anyone offer advice, is the LE40NN73BDX worth £100 more than a R73, other than 2 HDMI on the N, I cant see much difference in spec. Ive settled on the samsungs after reading posts here. The LGs seem cheaper but I get the impression that quality is not as good.

Thanks Ian

(I shop again after returning my woolies technosonic, and really want to get it right this time)

2. rehansaeed

rehansaeed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I personally will be going for the N in the next couple of days (Hoping for the sales to help reduce prices). Just wondering what the best price is that you've found so far. Has anyone got any codes from curries??

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the display on the N is supposed to be slightly better. Not sure though, 2HDMI's is what I'm buying it for.

3. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Best so far EmpireDirect at £999.00 currently, hoping it will fall in the morning!
    Ian

4. MontyBrewster

MontyBrewster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the LE40N73BD, which i bought over the R74 (identical i think to R73 except the lower section is blue not grey).

IMO it looks better than the R-series, which have a rounded edge. The light reflects more around the edge drawing attention to the frame (.. and making it look a bit 'toy-like'.. hmm not a great description suggest you go to a store and look at both. The n looks the same as the f series). The n-series is perfectly square and in piano black this looks great/more professional.

Feature wise like you say it has an extra HDMI (for that ps3 ;-) ), 6000:1 contrast ratio (as opposed to 5000:1) and XWGC (eXtended Wide Colour Gamut).

Picked it up for £1021 from currys (but the 10% code has now expired), free delivery prob still available. 999 a great price from ED but i've heard mixed reviews from them so do your research.

Good luck and hope you're happy with whatever you choose.

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone :)

5. icurnow

icurnow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks MontyBrewster,

It now sits in the lounge, and so far I am very happy. Had a bad moment when no composite signal received from my DVD, however all OK now DVD couldent put out RGB down scart and Comp at same time Phew!

DTV is excellent as is RGM from Humax PVR. PS2 looks good.
    Ian