• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung R73 / 74 range

S

Shaneuk

Hello,

I'm after a 40" LCD HDTV up to the price of £1500.
I quite like the look of the Samsung LCD's, but have read reports that the
TV and DVD picture is not that great, any views on this would be appreciated.
Can anybody tell me the difference between the 73/74 Range (which is better).

Are there better LCD’s out there for this price min 37"?
Need help on this difficult purchase.

My wife won't be impressed if the picture looks awful.

Also have Xbox360 and would like to plug my PC in.

Thanks’ in advance.

Shane:lease:

J

jeggsy

My in-laws have just got the 40" 74 and up to now seem to be a pretty good TV.

Not seen any other LCD to compare it with but if you read various reviews and reports it seems to get fairly descent reviews. Many people say the Sony range is better especially the V2000 series but that will cost you a few hundred ££££'s extra.

Like most other LCD's, the default settings need to be played with to get the best out of the TV but once you done this then a pretty descent picture can be had with the built-in Freeview, DVD and Sky box (RGB SCART connections).

As far as I know the 73 and the 74 are exactly the same sets but are given a different model number depending on what shop sells it. If I remeber rightly one has a blue bottom triangle while the other has a silver one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom