Samsung R7 Range - April 2006

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by MacUK, Mar 20, 2006.

Tags:
  1. MacUK

MacUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Not sure if this has been posted before but did a search for R7 in this room and it did not return any posts so here goes:

The new samsung range is out in the UK in April. The R7 range is the next iteration of the R4 range that was so popular and was the LCD that i nearly parted with my funds for so i am hoping for big things from the R7.

Prices stated are £999 for the 32" and £1399 for the 37" so they are in the reasonable price bracket again. Other details re improvements are thin on the ground but there are some stylistic changes, a 5000:1 contrast ration and a 6ms response time.

Full details here:
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/televisions/0,39029474,49256417,00.htm

My bonus comes in aprils pay packet and i can afford to buy so i am hoping these puppies are available and get good reviews as playing my 360 on my 28" (26 viewable :() crt is really starting to do my head in.

Mac

PS - If anyone is aware of any links to other new ranges coming out circa April 2006 can you drop them in this thread so i can gen up on whats out there? Thanks - Mac.

2. iendicott

iendicott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    6ms response time :confused: I am sure there was a thread somewhere about the way Samsung measured their response time, something about only measuring the on off instead they should measure on off on time what the other manafacturers do, I think it was Samsung that did this, sorry if I am wrong.

Saying that though this units do look nice.