Samsung R7 can I beleive my eyes?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by Haze, Aug 27, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Haze

Haze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have been going into my local TV shop for weeks now looking at LCD TVs (they must be sick of the sight of me) and one thing has hit me each and every time I have walked in, the quality of picture from the 32" Samsung R7. On its right is a Sony 32S2010 and on its left a Panasonic TX-32LXD60 and the colours blacks and vibrancy out does both sets by a large degree and the viewing angle is just astounding. But the question is can this be trusted? The Sony for example is display what is without a doubt the worst picture in the shop and despite using the same technology its viewing angle is no where near as good as the Samsung. Thing is all 3 sets are being fed identical SD feds. Could improper calibration really make this big of a difference? I really cant stress how much better the Sammy picture is.

So basicly heres the qeastion if you where in my shoes today would you by a Samsung LE32R71B for €1,249.00?

A Sony 32S2000 for €1,349.00?

Or just to throw it in the Toshiba 32WL66 for about €1,222,89?

Where would you put your money?

2. Mr-Bananas

Mr-Bananas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    I would put my money in an online purchase and save myself about £300 on the prices you have listed.

Its a wonder how any Hi-Street retailers stay in business.

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    Do remember that the default settings on the Sony are shockingly bad. Has the store tweaked any of the TVs at all?

4. Haze

Haze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I actually got a hold of the remote for the Sony and tried fiddiling with it myself. Dispite my best efforts I could not improve the picture, it seemed terribly blurred dark and muddy.

Oh and the prices I quoted are the online prices, you have to take onto account the euro is worth less than the pound and the 21% Irish VAT rate ;)

5. PeteD64

PeteD64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Can't see how settings would affect the viewing angle. I thought the Sony 32S2000 was based on an S-PVA panel which is supposed to be very good. Have Sony discovered a stash of last year's panels somewhere & decided to stick them in the S range?

6. Haze

Haze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have no idea but I could stand at ridiculous angles with the Samsung while the Sony was no better than the Pana.

I suppose its possible the display modal has a bad panel.