samsung r series as pc monitor

neil w

Reaction score
how much of the screen is filled when using as a pc monitor

thnx

neil

Wouldn't that depend on what resolution you set your graphics too. Obviously if you set you graphics card too the resolution of your TV then all the screen will be filled.

With a PC connected to it, you should be able to set the resolution to that of the TV getting 1:1 pixel mapping - filling up the whole TV.

Is that with any size? I just got the LE32R72BX and I'm wondering whether to take it out of the box and test it or just wait until Christmas day to prolong the pleasure.

Does anybody know if the sets come with a VGA cable to connect to your PC? I have no other HD source to test it with until I get an Xbox 360 for Christmas. I've been thinking of trying it with the PC, so I should be able to get it up to 1366 x 768 if I do? (I have a 6800 GT 256MB AGP card in there if it makes any difference)

Is that with any size? I just got the LE32R72BX and I'm wondering whether to take it out of the box and test it or just wait until Christmas day to prolong the pleasure.

Does anybody know if the sets come with a VGA cable to connect to your PC? I have no other HD source to test it with until I get an Xbox 360 for Christmas. I've been thinking of trying it with the PC, so I should be able to get it up to 1366 x 768 if I do? (I have a 6800 GT 256MB AGP card in there if it makes any difference)

No I don't think it does come with a VGA cable, they are quite cheap too buy anyhow.

Me personally I wouldn't wait until christmas too check everythings working. How gutted would be after waiting that long too find on christmas day the set is faulty.

Do you hear about many faults with these things then? Probably wouldn't get it all sorted by Christmas if it was faulty now anyway

they do not some with a VGA cable well the 26" version doesn't anyway. and can you plug your pc into you HDMI socket using a DVI-HDMI cable.

they do not some with a VGA cable well the 26" version doesn't anyway. and can you plug your pc into you HDMI socket using a DVI-HDMI cable.

If your graphics card has either a HDMI or DVI connection then yes however you will get the best picture by using a VGA cable.

Do you hear about many faults with these things then? Probably wouldn't get it all sorted by Christmas if it was faulty now anyway

I know a lot of people, friends and people on forums who have purchased this TV and are more than happy with it. Obviously though there a bound to be those units that do become faulty. Thats just life.

Why would you get a better picture with an analogue VGA and not the digital DVI-HDMI route???

If your graphics card has either a HDMI or DVI connection then yes however you will get the best picture by using a VGA cable.

That's rubbish, as long as you can create a custom resolution for the DVI - HDMI to fit the screen the picture is much more vibrant. I know you lose the 1.1 mapping but you can't notice the difference in text etc at all. You also gain the option of running at 50Hz rather than 60Hz as VGA doesnt support 50Hz.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom