Samsung R (2019) vs T (2020) series, opinions wanted

pauldconyers

Novice Member
The time has come for us to replace our Samsung 55" LCD UN55MU6300. Nothing really wrong with it, just want something bigger and better picture quality. Ran up to Best Buy today and noticed they had some models with A in it for 2021 and the other s T for 2020 models. In the interest of saving money I started looking at the 2020 models but having sat here bumping around the net I see a lot more "love" being thrown towards the 2019 R models compared to the T. Not really researching TVs at that time I sort of missed a lot of info and my google searches do not bring up much about the differences in the years models BUT what I have found the R series from 2019 gets the nod. Can anyone give me some more opinions here? If the 2019 is the better product and buy I probably would scour the internet looking for one.

whitehart

Q950R is considered a very good picture better than the T series and even this years range only thing lacking is eARC

smap

Don’t get a T 2020 one as it has a very bad motion problem on some content. I use to have a Q90t but now I have a Q950r and the 950r is way better.

pauldconyers

Novice Member
I have actually found a place that has some new in box QN75Q70RAFXZA still and am strongly considering it. I have always gone with Samsung and everything I have read like the R series better than the last 2 year models. I was looking at the 8 series but side angle viewing is not a real problem for our room and I read a few reviews that the 7 series actually does blacks better than the 8. Does anyone have any experience with this TV or the R series and want to weigh in here?

Te23

I have a Q70r. I can confirm that the viewing angle thing is greatly exaggerated and the blacks are black, they couldnt be blacker. Its a great tv. Just no earc

Darkmantom

Novice Member
i also heard the same als you that the t series are definitely not so good as the r series in therms of PQ.
I also have a Q70r as gaming tv , indeed no earc (yet?) but for me its no problem.
I occasionally stream some 4k rips from my nas to it , and the PQ is very good , blacks are really black and HDR is also bright enough.
you won't regret the 75" if you can still find one

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
I have a QE75Q950R in my UK house & a QE85Q80T in my place in France. The QE75Q950R has the better picture & is amazing at upscaling lower resolution video but the QE85Q80T is fantastic too when fed quality audio. We have just been watching the Euro 2020 football on Freesat & the images are great.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom