1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samsung question

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by wolf600, Jun 2, 2003.

1. wolf600

wolf600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys and gals,
    question, would a iScan Ultra or something else pref abit cheaper boost the picture quality, so less artifacts and solarisation on my samsung ps42p2sbx {the one with the tuner},
    and how would you connect it to the tuner which has all my scarts etc conected to it??

cheers

2. briandzo

briandzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if your using your internal tuner to display the picture
    then i doubt the iscan is of any use to you.

the iscan is the link between the signal source and the display.

3. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've heard that using such a device as the iScan does improve the video processing of the Samsung, but I've not seen it myself.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

4. wolf600

wolf600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the one with the external turner,the picture is driving me mad, i might have to return it...

5. Mats1

Mats1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the picture really so bad? I ordered one of these babies and now all I read is bad opinions.
    When I've seen it at the store, the Samsung did not appear being so much worse than a Panasonic (flickers - nothing for me).
    I liked the Philips, that one however was too expensive.

6. wolf600

wolf600

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to be really honest the picture is not that bad on certain sky progs,my problem i have been having is real bad solarisation {if thats what it is} on peoples faces and in really dark scenes,but my screen is faulty and was changed this am for a new one BUT the new one had a pink line down the middle of the picture so i am back to the original screen so i dont know how good the samsung is with a proper working screen.
    if you can change your order i think you will be a happier man in the end {thats my personal opinion only mate}