Samsung Question!

bigfish808

Standard Member
Looking to buy a Samsung 37" LCD TV.
I've noticed they do 2 models, the LE37R87 and LE37R74BDX.
I've looked about briefly and can't see the difference between the 2!
Can anyone tell me the difference?!

Blackbolt360

There's your problem, you looked briefly. You are about to spend a wad on a TV, you might wanna stop being lazy and actually research.

Right, R74 is not as good as R87/88.

R74 has year old firmware and less options. It only has 5,000:1 contrast, if you are lucky. Limited backlighting options and no settings for Black levels. It also only has 1xHDMI port.

The R87 came out in March and has a different cosmetic look, 3xHDMI ports on it, 8,000:1 contrast ratio, more options in the menus related to the backlight, blacklevels, more control over the delicate image quality settings that can produce and awesome picture.

I highly recommend the R88.

///Mster

Standard Member
LE37R74BDX specs

LE37R87 specs

The R87 is the latest 2007 model, R74 is 2006. The R87 comes with 3 HDMI connections (2 rear, 1 side) against the R74's 1 HDMI. The 37R87 supposedly has a better dynamic constant ratio but that depends on the type panel you get I suppose.

G

geordiedaddy

Can anyone tell me the difference between the R87 series and the R88?

sauluk

I think its purely cosmetic, the R88 is the version available only to the Dixons, Currys group, just has an LED somewhere else i think, not that much different.

djmetsandy

yes I have read that here on the forum..no difference in the tv's function except that extra LED (which i think is around the power button). and i think it was a blue LED if my memory serves me right...

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know the difference between the R87 and the R87BDX please ?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
All these model numbers are so confusing aren't they :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom