Samsung QN95B (QE65QN95B) 4K Neo QLED TV Review & Comments

@Phil Hinton - more importantly, when is the review of the Sony OLED coming?

i have the S95B 65" and a Question about Internet speed,
Network connection speed through NetFlix on TV is always around 94Mbps. (Ethernet Wired)
I have a Fire TV stick 4K Max, and the same test gets 225Mbps on Wi-Fi
i have a 1 GIG speed, and always get 950Mbps ethernet speed on my Laptop. (Com Fibre.)
is the network Speed limited to just 100 Mbps or can i change any setting?
TIA

i have the S95B 65" and a Question about Internet speed,
Network connection speed through NetFlix on TV is always around 94Mbps. (Ethernet Wired)
I have a Fire TV stick 4K Max, and the same test gets 225Mbps on Wi-Fi
i have a 1 GIG speed, and always get 950Mbps ethernet speed on my Laptop. (Com Fibre.)
is the network Speed limited to just 100 Mbps or can i change any setting?
TIA
The TV likely has a 100mb network port

Does anyone pay full price for samsung products? The 85” QN95B can be had for 2825 £ right now from samsung here in sweden. And you also get a free galaxy s8 tav worth at least 800 £. Sweet deal.

I've just read the What Hi Fi review of this TV. They loved it.
Make of that what you will.
"The QE65QN95B produces the finest picture quality we’ve ever seen from an LCD TV. In fact, if you’re into the sort of brightness levels and colour volumes that are currently exclusively the domain of high-end LCD TVs, it’s the finest picture quality of any TV, period."

What Hifi are one of these outfits that still review HDMI cables and insist some give a better picture than others. In my opinion, they write what is in their best interests

Even at low volume the internal chasis and/or the flimsy back panel is resonating, vibrating and buzzing destroying the viewing experience. Dosn't have to be a hi fidelity streamed signal just a terestrial broadcast will do it in a certain tonal range.
Mine has (had) that buzzing issue. Samsung remotely "fixed" it by totally ruining the sound profile :( Sent out a tech who could not change it back Trying to get a refund or replacement atm ...sad :(
Tech also noticed rear panel was lifting away at the bottom below the stand. Bent chassis?

I am presently waiting on delivery of my new S95B Neo 55" to replace my ageing 55" ES800 bought in 2012 (in Australia).
It has seen sterling service on from 8:30am until about 10:00pm every day year in year out. Used as my main computer monitor during the day then entertainment at night with Mythtv. Still a cracking picture but now has the vertical striations on the left side and a tiny red line as well, the usual contact issue with the hot welds on the panel edges itself. Not a bad record though. I wonder if my new one will fare as well.
IMG_20221103_161343.jpg

IMG_20221103_162046.jpg
IMG_20221105_145219.jpg

I looked at the LG G2 and the new Sony A95K as well, and eventually went for the Samsung as the placement of the sockets will match better the cabling arrangements of my installation. I just wish all manufacturers would standardise the placement of their sockets on the rear, it would make it so much easier for installers. Rear bottom left (from the back) is by far the most sensible arrangement, why oh why don't they standardise?
I got a cracking deal from Amazon fulfilled by Reliant Direct (Blackpool) at £1349, using Amazon's Barclay tie-up to grab a 0% 12-month credit arrangement. Reliant Direct are also a preferred Samsung dealer so that's a bonus on top.

Can't wait to install and test it. If the reviews I've read are anything to go by, I'll have a lot of tweaking to do in the next few weeks-let's hope the waf doesn't take too much of a hit when I'm tweaking during her beloved Strictly........

EDIT:12/11/2022 :
Cancelled the Amazon one when I saw a similar deal at John Lewis. It's about £150 dearer but John Lewis has unparalleled customer service here in the UK. Delivery on 22nd November.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm from Austria.
in game mode, i have flashes of color and brightness for a brief moment when changing scenes, for example in cutscenes. light gray briefly turns pink and then normal. skin tones lighten briefly and then normal. this only happens in game mode with local dimming high and standard. with local dimming low everything is normal but with bad black.
i play in SDR.
firmware is 1304.1

Last edited:
Hello, I'm from Austria.
in game mode, i have flashes of color and brightness for a brief moment when changing scenes, for example in cutscenes. light gray briefly turns pink and then normal. skin tones lighten briefly and then normal. this only happens in game mode with local dimming high and standard. with local dimming low everything is normal but with bad black.
i play in SDR.
firmware is 1403.1
Firmware bug. Stop upgrading firmware. Always wait until someone else do it for you. Then you can upgrade firmware. Is better block updates and wait you don't loose nothing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom