Samsung QN95B Neo QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

I have the TV mounted on the Sanus full motion mount details as below. I use the cloth when moving the screen but the TV is rigid enough to allow movement.

The only slight problem with this mount is the mount brackets which fix to the rear of the TV via the VESA mounting holes are horizontal (as seen in the picture below) and clash with the one one connect outlet point of the back of the TV (I had to a put a spacer there to allow the connect cable to pass underneath the bracket). I would therefore check you mount has vertical brackets ideally

Thank you! My Omnimount has diagonal brackets - it should be okay. The guy at Richer Sounds suggested it was strong enough to withstand gentle movement on a well balanced arm.

Has anybody upgraded from last years model?

No problem. I only wish the box came with more 90 degree cable guides as I need to route the cable round quite a few bends and the guides would help to make sure I don't kink the fibre-optic cable. I looked on the forums and it doesn't appear you can buy them separately.
FYI I bought the 5m cable from LamdaTek for £130.88 - seemed to be a good price - but it looks like they are OOS now.
Finally bought and installed with 5m, see what you mean about the corner guides but I think I have some curtain guide of a larger radius which will work.
Installation was relatively smooth using a Vogel flat wall mount (I used Samsung flat wall Mount on a TV downstairs and it was a pain to install, never again!) However after initially having my PS5 input to the one connect box, I switched it to plugging via my AVR Denon X2700H to avoid audio lag. My AVR is using eARC to the TV for the moment, but I am pondering switching to optical audio connection as I have Logitech Harmony remote.
TV picture is amazing (came from a 7 year old Sony HW-55 projector), although I’m still finding the colours on PS5 a little overwhelming and I’m still trying to make them a bit more muted (maybe I should wear sunglasses 😎!) I occasionally notice a little ghosting only in fastest game mode which looks a lot like typical VA panel overshoot.
Disney and Amazon apps on the TV are working well and picture is a lot more to my preference than game mode (filmmaker mode, warm 2)
Biggest niggles:
  • whenever I turn on the TV to just watch apps my PS5 turns itself on, TV seems to turn on last source by default.
  • My AVR and TV from time to time when I turn it on have flickering. Turning the AVR HDMI CEC off and then on again has fixed it so far.
  • No LPCM pass through is a potential problem if you have a separate sound system due to lag on external devices, especially gaming.

Last edited:
Wall mounted my new QN95B yesterday, all looks well (didn't think it could improve on the QN95A image quality but somehow they have done it).

No HDMI dropouts yet (that is the reason the QN95A was replaced).

Used the Samsung 2021 Slim Fit Wall Mount (WMN-A50EB/XC) with the QN95A mounting unchanged (it was an absolute PITA to mount the QN95A so a very happy bunny), I just needed to use the shorter screws for the hinges at the back of the TV as the QN95B is slimmer (again, I don't know how they did it, the QN95A is already slim).

If you are mounting from scratch you can use both instructions included in the pack but the ones applicable to the QN95B are those for the QN800A. I guess Samsung is going to simply update the instructions, call it WMN-B50EB/XC and sell it for a premium to unsuspecting buyers.

TV is sitting flush, 7.5mm from the wall across all sides (the QN95A was a bit over 1cm at the top), the totally flat back seems to help with that.

Early days yet but I am very pleased (so is the gamer son, no more swearing at the TV, won't miss that part of the QN95A experience).

Hi - looking for some views if possible.

I have the choice of a QN95b or a qn800b - they are similar in all specs except one is 4K and one is 8k - is there any reason why you wouldn’t just go for the qn800b ? (Price difference is not a factor either - just purely on spec/picture/features)

Hi - looking for some views if possible.

I have the choice of a QN95b or a qn800b - they are similar in all specs except one is 4K and one is 8k - is there any reason why you wouldn’t just go for the qn800b ? (Price difference is not a factor either - just purely on spec/picture/features)
Key factors, what size are you getting?
Below 75”, forget 8K, even at 75” borderline worth it. You won’t benefit at what I would consider reasonable viewing distances .
then next factor, 4K is only just being more widely adopted in TV, streaming and film formats, 8K is impressive but rarely used format currently but will probably become more available in the next few years. Unless you are really a video/techno junkie then I would say go 4K. For the TVs themselves, last year the Samsung 8K was similar in picture quality (outside of pure resolution) to the 4K. I haven’t seen an 8K of this year model yet so can’t say what it’s like.
EDIT: sorry just realised you wrote 800b not 900b, The 95b should have slightly superior FALD and picture handling to the 800b.

Last edited:
After having a QLED for the last 7 years wishing for perfect blacks I think QD-OLED is the way to go. They can do 1000 nits without washing out colour and of course you get the blacks. Samsung's first effort isn't accurate enough though and if the director walked in on you watching their movie they'd say what have you done to it?

Have had mine for a week now, 85" QN95B. Won the panel lottery, sort of... it is not 100% but close enough that I do not notice any problems unless it is a totally white screen which does show some very slight darkness at the top corners but I have to be looking for it to see it. Using it in a very dark room so I had to turn the brightness down to 5 for sdr and up to 16 for hdr. Contrast set to 40 using spears & munsil disc for contrast adjustment. Sharpness is at 0. The contrast is beyond good... not just the dimming which produces Oled blacks but the native contrast is just unbelievable. I have yet to notice any blomming. But not all is good the biggest problem is the Sound, it sucks. Listening to a news channel it sounds like they are talking from the bottom of a barrel. If I watch a movie with a lot of bass like with explosions the whole tv rattles and the sound is distorted. So I still use my external receiver for everything. Aside from the sound this is one fantastic tv.

Attachments

• IMG_20220513_140014.jpg
    IMG_20220513_140014.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_20220521_132103.jpg
    IMG_20220521_132103.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20220521_132128.jpg
    IMG_20220521_132128.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20220521_132224.jpg
    IMG_20220521_132224.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Quick Q (and I admit it is a bit of an esoteric feature): how do you make the TV remember the Ambient mode settings as with the QN95A?

Every time I go back they are reset and I have to select the theme all over again.

Quick Q (and I admit it is a bit of an esoteric feature): how do you make the TV remember the Ambient mode settings as with the QN95A?

Every time I go back they are reset and I have to select the theme all over again.
Found it.... go to the picture you want and get it, then click enter on the remote and you get a small screen that gives you the option to make the image a favorite click the heart and now it is saved as a favorite. You can adjust the picture also from that window.

Attachments

• IMG_20220521_135055.jpg
    IMG_20220521_135055.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20220521_135108.jpg
    IMG_20220521_135108.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Key factors, what size are you getting?
Below 75”, forget 8K, even at 75” borderline worth it. You won’t benefit at what I would consider reasonable viewing distances .
then next factor, 4K is only just being more widely adopted in TV, streaming and film formats, 8K is impressive but rarely used format currently but will probably become more available in the next few years. Unless you are really a video/techno junkie then I would say go 4K. For the TVs themselves, last year the Samsung 8K was similar in picture quality (outside of pure resolution) to the 4K. I haven’t seen an 8K of this year model yet so can’t say what it’s like.
EDIT: sorry just realised you wrote 800b not 900b, The 95b should have slightly superior FALD and picture handling to the 800b.
Thanks for taking the time to reply; I have ended up getting the qn800b; which is unreal, a noticeable difference from the QN800a I had before.

I know it’s the wrong forum as this is QN95b but for anyone interested, it’s very impressive.

Blacks are brill, no issues with sound at all - it’s paired with a hw-q950a via q-symphony and the sound is amazing.

I am using the TVs intelligent mode for adaptive picture and adaptive sound+ - it looks like the new AI is a big improvement on last year!

And thankfully, no vertical banding (yet) that I had last year.

Hi

I hope that you guys don’t mind that I’m popping over from the Panasonic JZ Series Thread?

Us Panasonic JZ Series owners are experiencing 120Hz Sound Dropout issues with the Xbox Series X, and VRR only capable of 48 - 60Hz with the PlayStation 5, when these devices are connected directly to our TV’s via a HDM1 2.1 Ultra Fast Cable.

Are any of you guys seeing the same on either your Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5?

Thanks in Advance

Barry :)

Does anyone know what's the difference between QE and GQ. GQ models are way cheaper.

Example
QE55QN95B 2599€
GQ55QN95B 1999€

I guess it's the same TV, just different letters for different regions? But it's weird they sell both in Germany in the same store with such a big price difference.

EDIT: I found the answer. GQ says it's made for Germany, so it's the same TV just cheaper in Germany because it's made for their market.

Hi all,
Hopefully you can help, I recently purchased the 55" S95B from JL to replace an LG55E7 that suffered from screen burn. While I like the S95B I am unsure as to whether I should have got the 55QN95B instead so as no worries with screen burn etc. Has anyone been lucky enough to compare the 2 side by side and compare the depth of blacks, fast moving objects (image blurring), DSE, blooming etc etc.
I have time to return the S95B and go for the QN95B but not sure how close they are for picture quality as not many side by side YouTube videos about, even though I do like the contrast, bright colours and dark blacks of the QD OLED.
The TV is in a North facing living room, so bright enough but no direct sunlight.
Personal thoughts would be most welcome.

Hi all,
Hopefully you can help, I recently purchased the 55" S95B from JL to replace an LG55E7 that suffered from screen burn. While I like the S95B I am unsure as to whether I should have got the 55QN95B instead so as no worries with screen burn etc. Has anyone been lucky enough to compare the 2 side by side and compare the depth of blacks, fast moving objects (image blurring), DSE, blooming etc etc.
I have time to return the S95B and go for the QN95B but not sure how close they are for picture quality as not many side by side YouTube videos about, even though I do like the contrast, bright colours and dark blacks of the QD OLED.
The TV is in a North facing living room, so bright enough but no direct sunlight.
Personal thoughts would be most welcome.
I have always gone with LCD/QLED because of my gaming boys but I can tell you that the QN95B somehow managed to improve on the QN95A which was already a stellar TV (bar the HDMI dropouts). Most of my friends have OLEDs and they are starting to question their choices when they see the image that is produced (and the versatility).

No blooming, magnificent blacks (some black crush in extreme scenes but you have to look for it to notice), the boys swear by Gaming mode and I am not going to even talk about brightness (I have mine toned down as it is almost retina blistering).

If there was a QLED TV currently in the martket able to give OLED a run for its money is the QN95B.

1211 firmware just released today in the UK. I'm a bit wary of updating it as its been out for a week in the US and some have complained as it stopped the local dimming working on the QN90B.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i am getting my refund on the QN95A because of constant audio dropouts when using Earc and audio passthrough enabled. Does anyone know if this version has improved on that?

Wow, they really hate Samsung
I think they have a certain bias towards OLED.

I can't relate to their findings but then again, I am not a purist and the image that the QN95B produces in day to day SDR/HDR viewing and gaming is (to my untrained eye) superb.

The QN95A was similarly good but had the HDMI dropout issue which ruined the overall experience.

Wow, they really hate Samsung
Wow that's the most critical review I have read about the qn95b. I don't notice any blooming mentioned in the review and the black level are similar to lg c9

I'm hoping to buy this TV this month and that review threw me off a little but owners seem really happy with their sets so Im still going ahead.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom