Samsung QN95B Neo QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

The process motion(QN90B) from watching sports(soccer) and cinema is more good than Sony XR or not? Like x95j or the new x90k? I mean soap opera effect.

Update on the 5m one connect cable. It arrived today and works fine. The Samsung part number is VG-SOCA05.
Thanks for being the Guinea pig. Exactly the info I was looking for! Might pull the trigger this weekend based on that.

Thanks for being the Guinea pig. Exactly the info I was looking for! Might pull the trigger this weekend based on that.
No problem. I only wish the box came with more 90 degree cable guides as I need to route the cable round quite a few bends and the guides would help to make sure I don't kink the fibre-optic cable. I looked on the forums and it doesn't appear you can buy them separately.
FYI I bought the 5m cable from LamdaTek for £130.88 - seemed to be a good price - but it looks like they are OOS now.

Think this will be my TV this year, any early impressions from owners? Reviews are nice and all but can't beat owners experiences.

No Samsung TV supports LPCM passthrough 5.1 or 7.1

It's a major issue IMO as it means you cannot connect console to TV for the HDMI 2.1 and passthrough the best audio to an AV amp.
So you cannot even get ANY sound from a Marvel / Star Wars blu-ray playing from a console as they only have LPCM and DTS options (DTS not supported by Samsung either)

Samsung's own doc says eArc supoorts uncompressed LPCM, but they lie.

The bizarre thing is that NOT ONE review site ever mentions whether this is supported or not, not even Vincent.

I don't understand why such a fundamental thing is ignored in every single review

Very annoying
This bothers me as I can get DTHD passthrough when input signal plus is disabled, the TV has DTHD in the corner info and Dolby Atmos is played through the TV speakers and on my Q950A soundbar. Any game or movie will play DTHD on my PC with the lack of HDR and 144Hz support, enable input signal plus and it's not working no sound at all. DD+ works however when input signal plus is enabled, I've not yet tried with LPCM. I've been in contact with Samsung support and they are investigating the problem. The TV should be able to do it. My PC has an Nvidia 3080 Ti

Amazing TV though.

Last edited:
Yesterday managed to get it to the wall using the 2021 slim fit wall mount by Samsung. One should follow the instructions for the last years 8K models since this one borrows the design from them.

So far so good. The dynamic and intelligent modes are way too artificial for my liking and cause weird motion on movies. At the moment I am using the film maker mode, natural color temp and slightly elevated contrast and saturation but i keep changing these per the content.. On some cases the contrast boost on low also seems to make the picture more pleasant.

Black levels on movies like Ad Astra and Star wars look good. I have the TV in a very bright room so maybe I will write more when I see how it performs in daylight, which we have plenty in the North during summer.

I wanted to try the calibration with smart phone supposedly offered by the Smart things but the option just isnt there so maybe I need to wait for a sw update.

I though the audio was ok but then I connected my Genelecs through the digital output. Can't go back anymore :)

The Tizen isnt as bad as has been noted on the reviews but then again I dont have past experience. The remote is fine with the quick buttons for Netflix and Disney.

Hi everybody, I read in a review that the blooming is way better in Game Mode than last years Flagship set. Does this mean Local Dimming is active and changing on each setting? I'd be grateful if somebody could check that out for me.

Just an update the QN95B is eligible for an extended 5 year warranty now in the UK if bought from certain retailers:

and also a 10 year screen burn warranty

I have had problems tying to use the online form the QN95B doesn't appear in the drop down list so I have asked the online chat to resolve . There is also an option to register via the phone.

Last edited:
Just been informed by Samsung they are going to replace my Q95T with the QN95B as they have been unable to fix a crackling problem with the built in speakers (I don't actually use the built in speakers but would prefer them working for resale purposes in a couple of years). Hoping that it might actually be a noticeable upgrade picture quality wise? Either way, I'm happy as the warranty resets .

Deleted as wrong thread..

I am having the 65" QN95B delivered next week (replacing a faulty 65" QN95A), I have the QN95A wall mounted with the Samsung WMN-A50EB "Slim Fit" wall mount.

Question (apologies if it has been asked before but I can't find it): as the WMN-A50EB is compatible with the QN95B (h/t @teekkari), does anybody know if the 65" VESA mounting holes are in the same place (it was a right PITA wall mounting the QN95A, I really don't want to be going through the same for the QN95B)?

Both TVs are VESA 400x300, so same, on the QN95A the top VESA hole is 21.3cm (8.4") from the top of the TV, whereas the bottom VESA hole is 31cm (12.2") from the bottom of the TV.

If anyone with the 65" can measure theirs and confirm it would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Google for Samsung slim fit 2022 and there appears to be a WMN-B50EB/XC but none of links have pictures of it :(

I am having the 65" QN95B delivered next week (replacing a faulty 65" QN95A), I have the QN95A wall mounted with the Samsung WMN-A50EB "Slim Fit" wall mount.

Question (apologies if it has been asked before but I can't find it): as the WMN-A50EB is compatible with the QN95B (h/t @teekkari), does anybody know if the 65" VESA mounting holes are in the same place (it was a right PITA wall mounting the QN95A, I really don't want to be going through the same for the QN95B)?

Both TVs are VESA 400x300, so same, on the QN95A the top VESA hole is 21.3cm (8.4") from the top of the TV, whereas the bottom VESA hole is 31cm (12.2") from the bottom of the TV.

If anyone with the 65" can measure theirs and confirm it would be greatly appreciated.
If I understood you correctly, you are asking if the existing slim fit mounting you have for QN95A works for QN95B. I would say no, as the mounting holes are in different locations and the instructions, which come for QN95A didnt work for the QN95B. Instead I had to use the instructions for the 8k TVs i.e. QN800A.

If I understood you correctly, you are asking if the existing slim fit mounting you have for QN95A works for QN95B. I would say no, as the mounting holes are in different locations and the instructions, which come for QN95A didnt work for the QN95B. Instead I had to use the instructions for the 8k TVs i.e. QN800A.
The QN800A is also VESA 400 x 300 so the wall mount fixings will do as they are now lengthwise, however from what you are saying on the QN95B the mounting hole distances from top/bottom are different to the QN95A am I reading this correctly?

If so, can you (or someone else who is using the stand as it is going to be easier), confirm by measuring what these distances are? That is only going to affect the height and I have a sufficient margin from the soundbar (wall mounted as well).

If so, can you (or someone else who is using the stand as it is going to be easier), confirm by measuring what these distances are? That is only going to affect the height and I have a sufficient margin from the soundbar (wall mounted as well).
I've just measured this. 30cm from the bottom and 22cm from the top (approx).

I've just measured this. 30cm from the bottom and 22cm from the top (approx).
Thanks for this, it seems that the VESA mounting holes are in the same place.

I think the confusion arises from the fact that the QN95B (same as the QN800A) has an extra set of mounting holes close to the edges (in red in my rudimentary attempt at illustrating below) that are exclusively for the use of the Slim Fit wall mount.

That doesn't mean of course that you can't mount it using the top VESA holes (as the QN95A does). I will try that first (as otherwise I will have to move the wall mounts) and see how it goes.
QN95B.jpg

Hello to all, I'm newly registered to this forum but have been reading it occasionally.

I'm looking to upgrade my TV this year and currently have Samsung 65Q85T. I'm seriously considering Samsung 85QN95B but have a few questions.

Has anyone tested VRR on QN95B, does local dimming still work to some extent or is it completely turned off?

Has Samsung really improved game mode in recent models (my Q85T washes out picture in game mode and I think that local dimming doesn't work so good). Do you think Qn95B will be an upgrade compared to my q85t in gaming? I will only play games on PS5.

In the future I will also buy my first ever home theater setup (AV receiver + 5.1.2 surround). What does LPCM pass through mean and is it important for my use case? Should I avoid this TV?

Does longer, 5m one connect cable affect input lag? Could someone measure the widest part of the part that looks a little bit wider than Hdmi cable? My in-wall holes are only 30mm wide. I can get Hdmi cable through without a problem but worry about this cable that I won't get it through.

Thank you all very much for your answers and have a great day.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with info on PCM 5.1 passthrough when more people have this TV, but for now here's an update from me.

I swapped my Xbox with my PC's HDMI lead/input and PCM 5.1 showed up.

xbox-inputsignalplus-off.jpg

However, this was with the TV set to PC mode with Input Signal Plus disabled. Once I switched to Game Mode, which auto-enables Input Signal Plus - no more PCM 5.1

So I switched it all back to the original input and HDMI lead (the one supplied with the Series X) and disabled Game Mode and then disabled Input Signal Plus and there we go, PCM 5.1 available.

As I said before, as I see it - PCM 5.1 works with my PC, PS5 and Nintendo Switch. Game Mode, Input Signal Plus enabled or not - it works. PC's output PCM as standard, which is why the device properties picture I showed with '6 channels' available was relevant. The encoded formats box only shows the Dolby/DTS formats supported.

It's just the Xbox which is the problem. I've endured Samsung Support and they eventually agreed to escalate and raise it with their engineers. Whether anything will come of it I don't know. Next up is to figure out how best to let Xbox know just in case it's something on their end.

In Xbox Dolby Atmos news, I tested many hours with this and while it was pretty stable with some sessions absolutely problem free, I did notice some split-second drops in the audio every once in a while. Very random, very rare in my testing. The delay was always an issue and I've now just resorted to Stereo PCM for games where precise audio is important.

Has anyone tested VRR on QN95B, does local dimming still work to some extent or is it completely turned off?
Yes I'm pretty sure local dimming is working with VRR enabled. I've switched between VRR on/off and the picture quality looks the same. This is my first FALD TV so I can't say if it improves over previous models, but after many hours played on Xbox and PS5 I think it looks pretty damn good with very deep blacks. I've noticed some light blooming on occasion, and what I assume is the dimming adjusting a little slowly in one repeatable example (in Horizon Forbidden West when scanning a data point and bringing up the text screen), but mostly I've just found myself very impressed with how it performs.

In the future I will also buy my first ever home theater setup (AV receiver + 5.1.2 surround). What does LPCM pass through mean and is it important for my use case? Should I avoid this TV?

It's only important for devices you connect to your TV first as they'll only be able to pass audio the TV supports to the receiver. I want LPCM 5.1 from my consoles as the Dolby output suffers from a delay when passed via Arc / eArc. As noted earlier it can also be a problem with some Blu-rays that only have PCM audio, though in your setup I would assume any Blu-ray / UHD player would be connected to the receiver direct so you can benefit from DTS.

Does longer, 5m one connect cable affect input lag? Could someone measure the widest part of the part that looks a little bit wider than Hdmi cable? My in-wall holes are only 30mm wide. I can get Hdmi cable through without a problem but worry about this cable that I won't get it through.

No idea about the 5m cable. The connection you refer to measures approx 3cm at the widest point.

Hi all! Any of you dudes putting this on a wall mounted arm - (like an Omnimount)? How strong will this chassis be to withstand some up&down movement of the TV, and some yaw movement (crucially) when the flat of my palms holds the edge of the TV and swings it around into the middle of the room for viewing, and then away to the side afterwards. It's a well balanced arm so I'm only shifting the weight of the TV really. Thanks for your ideas!

Hi all! Any of you dudes putting this on a wall mounted arm - (like an Omnimount)? How strong will this chassis be to withstand some up&down movement of the TV, and some yaw movement (crucially) when the flat of my palms holds the edge of the TV and swings it around into the middle of the room for viewing, and then away to the side afterwards. It's a well balanced arm so I'm only shifting the weight of the TV really. Thanks for your ideas!

I have the TV mounted on the Sanus full motion mount details as below. I use the cloth when moving the screen but the TV is rigid enough to allow movement.

The only slight problem with this mount is the mount brackets which fix to the rear of the TV via the VESA mounting holes are horizontal (as seen in the picture below) and clash with the one one connect outlet point of the back of the TV (I had to a put a spacer there to allow the connect cable to pass underneath the bracket). I would therefore check you mount has vertical brackets ideally

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom