Samsung QN95B Neo QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

russo109

Start of a new thread for the QN95B new 4k flagship for 2022.

I pre-ordered the 65 inch TV on the 28th April from Samsung and was delivered on the 6th April. The TV is wall mounted in a sun lounge so wanted a very bright TV with the connect box in the media cupboard below. The TV is also hooked up with a Q950A sound bar. As stated in some of the reviews the new Tizen start up smart screen does take some time to get used to.

As my main TV in the lounge is an LG C9, the settings menu of the QN95B is not quite as intuitive. For example there were originally only two picture settings available (adaptive and optimised) and later found out that as I had intelligent mode on in general settings this was stopping the standard, filmmaker, dynamic settings.

The TV sound without the sound bar was OK (the drivers at the back of the TV didn't really seem to add that much) but the sound bar definitely improves the sound with Q-Symphony to give a better cinema experience.

I haven't really played with the picture settings yet, so are waiting for some reviews to come up with recommended settings in the future. The upscaling is very good and does a good job of upscaling SD channels from my sky Q mini box.

Early days yet but so far impressed with TV

newsamsungowner

Novice Member
Great to hear you are impressed. Ordered mine last week and having preferred delivery for April 15th. Hopefully I get it then or earlier. How do you find HDR content on Netflix and Disney Plus without Dolby Vision?

russo109

It is strange not seeing the Dolby Vision logo pop up like it does on my C9, but I am finding the picture has more "pop" even HD pictures on the Sky mini box look great - I watched Mad Max Fury Road HD version on the mini and couldn't believe how good the picture and upscaling was. The bit when they were in the dust cloud and everything was blue except the coloured bits when Max was in the car or when they had the guitarist playing on the front of the car grill was amazing. I always found my 55in C9 Dolby Vision picture a bit gloomy and doesn't quite give the 4k wow factor that this new TV does. The room I have the TV wall mounted in, has one wall 5m wide fully glazed with the patio doors (which faces the TV) and the other wall with about 2m of full height glazing) and the TV manages the ambient light levels easily. Some of the YouTube reviews have mention blooming but I haven't noticed any so far.

Still haven't worked out how to get the HDMI resolution/signal info up or even prove it is playing HDR content. When I first start the sky box it pops up with the resolution and sound format (Dolby Digital) but can't work out how to see it again (the info button just calls up the sky program information) - on the C9 it would tell you every time you restarted the program in Netflix.

Darth Sheldon

Novice Member
Got mine at the weekend...absolutely loving it. Had a Panasonic tx-55fz802b prior which had suffered burn-in and degradation of the red sub-pixels (the burn in I may have lived with as it wasnt too noticeable but the red sub-pixel issues was a step too far)...Great tv before it's issues but I personally think the Samsung wipes the floor with the Panasonic and I don't have to worry about burn in anymore. I had a Panasonic plasma before the oled so I've had enough of watching for burn-issues- though I managed to avoid it with the plasma and it now hangs on the bedroom wall.

Yoggo

Thanks for the review. I'm looking to get one of these and wall mounting it - can you confirm what length one connect cable comes with the TV? There doesn't seem to be any information on the Samsung website.

Darth Sheldon

Novice Member
Thanks for the review. I'm looking to get one of these and wall mounting it - can you confirm what length one connect cable comes with the TV? There doesn't seem to be any information on the Samsung website.
Not sure to honest! It comes with 2. A short one if you are mounting the OCB to the back of the TV and a longer for wall mounting. I'm using the longer cable but the OCB is housed within my entertainment unit underneath my centre speaker...the qn95a came with a 2.5m cable..my guess is it probably the same. You can buy other lengths if it wasn't quite long enough for you

Yoggo

Not sure to honest! It comes with 2. A short one if you are mounting the OCB to the back of the TV and a longer for wall mounting. I'm using the longer cable but the OCB is housed within my entertainment unit underneath my centre speaker...the qn95a came with a 2.5m cable..my guess is it probably the same. You can buy other lengths if it wasn't quite long enough for you
Thanks. I was hoping for 5m as I would like to hide the box in the corner of the room - is the box wall mountable?

Darth Sheldon

Novice Member
Thanks. I was hoping for 5m as I would like to hide the box in the corner of the room - is the box wall mountable?
Not that I can see - it just clips into the stand. It doesn't come with anything to wall mount it. Though with a bit of ingenuity I'm guessing anything can be wall mounted!!

Marcusdr

Standard Member
Hello.

Has anyone used this with Dolby Atmos soundbar and/or Xbox Series X yet?

I'm trying to replace a faulty Q95T and tried a QN95A but was constantly dropping sound and occasionally picture as many people have reported. Wondering if those issues have been resolved on new model?

Thanks

russo109

I've used the qn95b with a q950a soundbar and ps5 and no sound drop outs. I haven't an XBOX so can't confirm it's the same sorry

Marcusdr

Standard Member
I've used the qn95b with a q950a soundbar and ps5 and no sound drop outs. I haven't an XBOX so can't confirm it's the same sorry
Thanks for your reply.

Waiting to see the UK price of the S95B and then deciding between that and the QN95B.

teekkari

I am getting mine this week, upgrading finally from 2012 Panasonic plasma. To preserve the beautiful design, i was hoping to use the Samsung "slim fit wall mount" to put this on the wall. Any idea if the 2021 model will support the newest TVs?

Also have any of the owners already figured out the best picture settings to go for out of the box?

Marcusdr

Standard Member
I am getting mine this week, upgrading finally from 2012 Panasonic plasma. To preserve the beautiful design, i was hoping to use the Samsung "slim fit wall mount" to put this on the wall. Any idea if the 2021 model will support the newest TVs?

Also have any of the owners already figured out the best picture settings to go for out of the box?
I was wondering the same thing. If you look on the Samsung website it has the 2021 no gap wall mount in the accessories section for the 2022 TV so seems like it should. I have not seen a 2022 version listed anywhere either.

Yoggo

Ordered mine too and took a punt on ordering the no gap mount from Amazon for £70, Richer Sounds had it listed in the accessories but wanted £120 for it.

Yoggo

Wall mount and TV arrived yesterday. It looks like the no gap mount will fit but there is no paper template for the QN95B, the QN95A template seems wrong for the 55" but it looks like the next size up lines up which is a bit weird. I'm not planning on wall mounting it until the summer when I get the lounge redecorated so for the minute it's on the normal stand.

I can also confirm the one connect cable is only 2.5m, so I've ordered a 5m one (this TV is getting more expensive by the day!)

russo109

Wall mount and TV arrived yesterday. It looks like the no gap mount will fit but there is no paper template for the QN95B, the QN95A template seems wrong for the 55" but it looks like the next size up lines up which is a bit weird. I'm not planning on wall mounting it until the summer when I get the lounge redecorated so for the minute it's on the normal stand.

I can also confirm the one connect cable is only 2.5m, so I've ordered a 5m one (this TV is getting more expensive by the day!)

That's good to know re wall mount. I'm using a Sanus Simplicity Full Motion TV Wall Mount, SLF226 from Costco. Sits about 5cm from the wall but allows me to tilt and turn the tv.

Where did you order the 5m one cable from as I can only find 2021 versions which aren't listed as being compatible with our tvs?

kanedaa

I've had the 65" QN95B for a few days now and so far am pretty impressed. It's my first 4K, HDR, FALD TV so it's all new. I'm using Filmmaker Mode settings for just about everything (adjusting Game Mode SDR settings to match) and it looks very good. The image really pops with a good source.

Some answers to questions asked:

Still haven't worked out how to get the HDMI resolution/signal info up or even prove it is playing HDR content.

This might work for you - With the Smart Remote, press the Settings Cog button, then press down until you see the 'Info' icon. The press enter and you should see display info. Hopefully this bypasses the Sky EPG info that the standard remote it calling up.

Has anyone used this with Dolby Atmos soundbar and/or Xbox Series X yet?

I'm using a Sonos Beam Gen 2 connected via eArc and Atmos seems to work fine though I've only tested a couple of hours so far. No drops that I noticed. However the delay is noticeable. Quite bad even.

I was personally hoping to use Multichannel PCM as the Atmos delay is well known on Xbox, but the Xbox is the only device I can't get that working.

eArc with the below settings gives me Multichannel PCM via my PC, PS5 and Nintendo Switch, and passthrough of Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos etc in apps like Plex and Disney+.

IMG_20220421_151113.jpg

IMG_20220421_151136.jpg

IMG_20220421_151149.jpg

But through my Xbox Series X I see this:

IMG_20220421_152636.jpg

Curiously with these settings if I select Dolby Digital 5.1 output then Sonos sees it as Dolby Multichannel 5.1 PCM (which is what it displays for Dolby Digital Plus).

If I change the Digital Audio Output setting on the TV from Auto to Passthrough then it reverts to standard Dolby Digital 5.1. Changing to PCM just limits it to Stereo PCM.

I've tried every combo of setting and nothing allows me to use 5.1 uncompressed on the Xbox.

Yoggo

That's good to know re wall mount. I'm using a Sanus Simplicity Full Motion TV Wall Mount, SLF226 from Costco. Sits about 5cm from the wall but allows me to tilt and turn the tv.

Where did you order the 5m one cable from as I can only find 2021 versions which aren't listed as being compatible with our tvs?
I've taken a punt on the VG-SOCA05/XC cable which looks like it will work, some websites I checked said it was compatible but the blurb only says compatible with the QN95A, etc, i.e. 2021 models.
My understanding is the One Connect box is the same as the 2021 models.

Davyyy93

Standard Member
I really considering to buy the Samsung QN95B but my only fear is the One Connect Box. Someone know if all issues audio/video drop are fixed? Seems a really good TV

Yoggo

I've only got an Apple TV 4K connected to it at the moment and not had any issues so far but only had the TV a few days.

Audio-wise, it's pretty decent but I would like to know if the Samsung wireless subwoofer would work with just the TV (without needing a soundbar)?

Yoggo

I really considering to buy the Samsung QN95B but my only fear is the One Connect Box. Someone know if all issues audio/video drop are fixed? Seems a really good TV
Not had any problems so far but I've only got it connected to an Apple TV 4K at the moment, potentially getting an XBox Series X later this year.

Does anyone know if the Samsung wireless subwoofer would work with this TV without needing a soundbar? The built-in TV sound is pretty decent but the bass is lacking.

MarkBT52

No Samsung TV supports LPCM passthrough 5.1 or 7.1

It's a major issue IMO as it means you cannot connect console to TV for the HDMI 2.1 and passthrough the best audio to an AV amp.
So you cannot even get ANY sound from a Marvel / Star Wars blu-ray playing from a console as they only have LPCM and DTS options (DTS not supported by Samsung either)

Samsung's own doc says eArc supoorts uncompressed LPCM, but they lie.

The bizarre thing is that NOT ONE review site ever mentions whether this is supported or not, not even Vincent.

I don't understand why such a fundamental thing is ignored in every single review

Very annoying

russo109

Just received firmware update 1204.2 from 1110 not sure what it does and is not listed on the Samsung website yet

kanedaa

No Samsung TV supports LPCM passthrough 5.1 or 7.1

Well as I said this one appears to, just not with my Xbox. Sonos reports Multichannel PCM 5.1 from my PC, PS5 and Switch.

Here's the PC supported formats properties tab which shows 6 channels.

2022-04-26.png

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand