Samsung QN94A Neo QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Yeah I had to cut off the plastic banding obviously, but I still have it. I might glue it and use tape as well. It seems crazy to me that a TV of this size/expense comes in a box that would easily come apart but for the plastic banding!

Yes, mine had these plastic strips on either side of the screen protector. That's what's puzzling. The back of the set was dirty with marks, but the actual screen was perfect. Looked like that protector was never peeled off. Yes I got it from the EPP portal.
How much did you pay for yours? The banding is dumb for repackaging but ultimately it’s part of the packaging that makes it easy to remove without risking damage and needing an army of people.

You have been sent a new TV. I have a theory that Samsung grade their TV's. It's not based on any facts and I asked Reliant who I purchased from if this was true as their deals on Samsung always seem to be better than anyone elses. They denied it of course but I am sure some TVs are knowingly packaged as having some fault and perhaps distributed through the smaller retailers and randomly discounted. The second TV they sent me was in perfect condition and their price hasn't dropped since mine was sent out. £1,399 is too much for this TV in my opinion. I didn't pay that but it was £1,899 less 10% less £200 less cashback when I bought mine, around £1,209 if I remember correctly.

I agree they rely a lot on those plastic bands but no doubt the banding will be rated to carry the weight. My strapping was split in a couple of places so wrapped some tape around it.

I have some of these which are great because you are not going to damage the cardboard box sending it back.

Amazon product ASIN B00189ROYM
I with cash back should pay £950, the 65Q90T last year was around £1200 at this point so pretty much at the lower end. In my opinion, it’s a bargain. I wouldn't pay more than £1300 for a TV personally but overall I think this TV is better than last years and it’s great for all content, SD is also pretty good. I’ve seen Sky SD content on cheap LG’s mid range for around £800 and it’s dire in comparison. Have you tried getting Sky Q? Could it be a reason for some issues? We upgraded pretty late in 2020 and honestly, it was the best decision ever. I was put off for the longest time due to forums of people complaining but I haven’t had any issues, and it was cheaper.

I have some of these which are great because you are not going to damage the cardboard box sending it back.
The box is actually already damaged, which is possibly what caused the tiny crack on the edge of the glass. The set was to be picked up tomorrow but I've delayed it until next week. I appreciate that others reading this would say to send it back. I would do the same. However, it's just a pain to pack it all up again and most importantly, I don't want to end up with a poor panel. This one is as good as I could have hoped for. I'm going to debate myself over the weekend lol
How much did you pay for yours?
It was just under £1600 for the 75 inch version.
I with cash back should pay £950,
That is quite an incredible price for the 65 inch version. Was this direct from Samsung?

You got it for a great price then also for that size.

I got Richer Sounds to price match the student Samsung pricing, and they beat that by £20. With the added £300 cashback, it got it to that. It just got approved so I shall await that final sum. The stores are a bit of a hassle to deal with really as they wouldnt price match it fully.

That's quite incredible. If Richer Sounds would price match this then I'd definitely be returning the set to Samsung and buying it from them. Did you just call your local store and ask?

That's quite incredible. If Richer Sounds would price match this then I'd definitely be returning the set to Samsung and buying it from them. Did you just call your local store and ask?
No, telesales. Not sure if it’s dependent on the person but they should price match and beat by at least £20.

I was watching football last night for pretty much the first time on this set. It definitely looks better/smoother with blur set high and judder about 5 however, I've noticed a quite annoying micro stutter. It seems to happen once every 5-10 seconds. I can't work out if it stutters at certain intervals or if it just struggles with certain elements of the picture.

By the way, when watching movies the judder is pretty awful if I turn off picture clarity entirely. Pretty much unwatchable, but if I leave just judder on 3-5 and blur off, it's fine. LED Clear Motion is absolutely out of the question for me. The flickering is horrendous.

Interested to hear what picture clarity settings other people use. Thanks!

I was watching football last night for pretty much the first time on this set. It definitely looks better/smoother with blur set high and judder about 5 however, I've noticed a quite annoying micro stutter. It seems to happen once every 5-10 seconds. I can't work out if it stutters at certain intervals or if it just struggles with certain elements of the picture.

By the way, when watching movies the judder is pretty awful if I turn off picture clarity entirely. Pretty much unwatchable, but if I leave just judder on 3-5 and blur off, it's fine. LED Clear Motion is absolutely out of the question for me. The flickering is horrendous.

Interested to hear what picture clarity settings other people use. Thanks!
It's not just about picture clarity. If you choose the standard setting you will see by default that Samsung has blur at 10 and judder at 3. The TV still has some stutter or judder on some programmes or channels. You wouldn't get that on a Sony with an X1 processor. To me that's pretty bad by Samsung on a flagship TV costing this sort of money. My £300 bedroom LG doesn't have judder. I think Samsung have put too much emphasis on giving the best 4k experience forgetting that a lot of people still watch via aerial or satellite.

For a while I did wonder if what goes in the TV towards the end of the production run is the same as what goes in it at the beginning. According to camel camel my TV was £2.5k at launch and there is no way to check what the spec is. It could be a q60 inside for all I know with a mini led panel.

It took me ages to get the settings right on my QN94 to have decent viewing across all formats. That's poor on Samsung's part as my Sony did it fine out of the box. I am happy with it now and just accept that Samsung's processor just isn't as good as Sony for SDR content. Here are my settings.

General
Intelligent mode OFF
Input signal plus ON
Brightness optimisation OFF - I did have this set to ON but seems better as OFF

Picture
Movie mode
Brightness 30
Contrast 45
Sharpness 10
Colour 25
Blur 3
Judder 3
Led Clear Motion OFF
Noise Reduction OFF
Local Dimming STANDARD
Contrast Enhancer OFF
Film Mode AUTO
Colour Tone WARM2
Gamma 2.2
Shadow Detail -1

I haven't touched white balance or colour space settings.

Press power button down for a couple of seconds after changing settings until you hear a click.

I found colour ok at 20 for most programs but just trying it at 25 for a while. Sharpness perhaps reduce to zero but all of the other settings I would say is where they need to be. Perhaps shadow Detail try at -2

You got it for a great price then also for that size.

I got Richer Sounds to price match the student Samsung pricing, and they beat that by £20. With the added £300 cashback, it got it to that. It just got approved so I shall await that final sum. The stores are a bit of a hassle to deal with really as they wouldnt price match it fully.

Here are my settings.
Thank you! Some interesting choices here. SD certainly looks a lot better, as does HD. I found the default picture pretty soft. I don't know of its just because it's a bigger TV (75 vs 65) or its just a lot softer than my previous OLED TV. Still looks better after those changes.
Press power button down for a couple of seconds after changing settings until you hear a click.
I assume this just saves the setting or does it do something else?
Perhaps shadow Detail try at -2
I'll have to play around with this one. I'm not sure what it changes on screen. Haven't noticed any difference yet 😀

Thank you! Some interesting choices here. SD certainly looks a lot better, as does HD. I found the default picture pretty soft. I don't know of its just because it's a bigger TV (75 vs 65) or its just a lot softer than my previous OLED TV. Still looks better after those changes.

I assume this just saves the setting or does it do something else?

I'll have to play around with this one. I'm not sure what it changes on screen. Haven't noticed any difference yet 😀
Pressing the power button for two seconds activates the change. I just went off someone else on here who had the same Sony TV as me who had similar issues to what I was describing as a poor SDR performance out of the box so it's thanks to him. I don't think my TV is fully compatible with my sky HD box and don't have an aerial just yet to compare. I can't fault the online content and watching something like F1 on ITV is extremely good. Most HD programmes are also exceptionally good with exception to chat shows which is perhaps down to how they have been filmed or produced. There is another factor that because of the larger screen imperfections are enhanced somewhat.

It's a good TV but Samsung need to remember that not everyone who buys the TV will be watching via the internet or have a PS5 or Xbox 1 attached to it. Perhaps in other countries they have more over the air HD programmes unlike the UK where sky have the monopoly in the North. I guess sky having a share in Freeview limits the amount of available HD channels available on Freesat. I have just cancelled my multi room and given them early notice to terminate my main contract later in the year so will be watching more TV online which I think is where the TV is at its best.

Pressing the power button for two seconds activates the change. I just went off someone else on here who had the same Sony TV as me who had similar issues to what I was describing as a poor SDR performance out of the box so it's thanks to him. I don't think my TV is fully compatible with my sky HD box and don't have an aerial just yet to compare. I can't fault the online content and watching something like F1 on ITV is extremely good. Most HD programmes are also exceptionally good with exception to chat shows which is perhaps down to how they have been filmed or produced. There is another factor that because of the larger screen imperfections are enhanced somewhat.

It's a good TV but Samsung need to remember that not everyone who buys the TV will be watching via the internet or have a PS5 or Xbox 1 attached to it. Perhaps in other countries they have more over the air HD programmes unlike the UK where sky have the monopoly in the North. I guess sky having a share in Freeview limits the amount of available HD channels available on Freesat. I have just cancelled my multi room and given them early notice to terminate my main contract later in the year so will be watching more TV online which I think is where the TV is at its best.
Thanks for the detailed response. I didn't notice any odd micro stutter with Blur and Judder both set to 3 which is great. I could never use interpolation settings on my LG OLED watching football because it caused terrible ghosting of the ball in particular. The Samsung TV seems much better in that regard. I am watching it on 4K at the moment so maybe it's mote challenging with HD/SD content.

Does anyone have a soundbar that fits the 50" is the stand high enough?

Does anyone have a soundbar that fits the 50" is the stand high enough?
I have a soundbar on my 65" which sits nicely on top of the awful steel stand and sits just under the bezel of the TV.

If your soundbar is more than 60mm in height it's not going to fit.

I have a soundbar on my 65" which sits nicely on top of the awful steel stand and sits just under the bezel of the TV.

If your soundbar is more than 60mm in height it's not going to fit.
Which soundbar have you got?
Can anyone recommend one that fits that is under £250.

Which soundbar have you got?
Can anyone recommend one that fits that is under £250.
Mine is an old LG. It was about £130 about 5 years ago. It had been over £200. It's a 2.1 with wireless sub. Model is LAS550H and I wish I had put it in when I bought it. It had pretty decent reviews scoring 8 out of 10 on here and up until I bought the QN94 it had been sat in its box all that time. It works well with the QN94 connected via optical lead. I don't have a problem with the sound on the QN94 but put the soundbar in to hide the awful stand. It's ugly and would be better with just a couple of feet. At least the soundbar hides most of it.

If I was buying a soundbar now I would possibly buy the same brand as the TV as I just think there should be less issues but my LG bar is excellent with the samsung. Switching the TV on brings the soundbar on. My son recommends Sony and he has a Samsung tv. Even though I bought an LG I think Sony and Panasonic have deeper roots in audio. I would look at reviews and wouldn't buy anything that had less than an 8 out of 10 rating. At £250 it should buy you something that is better than the TV. Cinema mode on my bar is very effective.

Last edited:
I'm really struggling with the motion settings. I thought they were fine however, I'm still getting this really odd ghosting with close-up panning shots of football etc. It's really hard to explain, but it's like there's a double outline of a player showing sometimes and then there's still a really annoying stutter. It's not smooth enough if I turn this off completely. It's basically impossible to find a setting that works with everything.

So with blur and judder set to 3, pretty much all content is great, except fast moving sports. Football and gold in particular seem to struggle, moreso than my nearly 5 year old LG OLED. This is really disappointing.

The only other annoyance is the rainbow effect caused the anti glare coating. Other than that, the set is fantastic. The blooming is very well controlled for the most part and doesn't impact viewing. It's just the moiton that is making me consider returning it for a refund rather than a replacement.

I really don't understand why some of these review sites recommend blue at 10 for sports etc. The set clearly struggles with this. I doubt my set is faulty in this regard and it's probably just a flaw that I'll have to accept if I am going to opt for a replacement (my set had a tiny crack on the right side of the screen and currently awaiting a replacement).

Can anyone who watches fast moving sports share their clarity settings and I could maybe try them? Thanks!

I'm really struggling with the motion settings. I thought they were fine however, I'm still getting this really odd ghosting with close-up panning shots of football etc. It's really hard to explain, but it's like there's a double outline of a player showing sometimes and then there's still a really annoying stutter. It's not smooth enough if I turn this off completely. It's basically impossible to find a setting that works with everything.

So with blur and judder set to 3, pretty much all content is great, except fast moving sports. Football and gold in particular seem to struggle, moreso than my nearly 5 year old LG OLED. This is really disappointing.

The only other annoyance is the rainbow effect caused the anti glare coating. Other than that, the set is fantastic. The blooming is very well controlled for the most part and doesn't impact viewing. It's just the moiton that is making me consider returning it for a refund rather than a replacement.

I really don't understand why some of these review sites recommend blue at 10 for sports etc. The set clearly struggles with this. I doubt my set is faulty in this regard and it's probably just a flaw that I'll have to accept if I am going to opt for a replacement (my set had a tiny crack on the right side of the screen and currently awaiting a replacement).

Can anyone who watches fast moving sports share their clarity settings and I could maybe try them? Thanks!
Sounds like you was having similar problems to me when I got mine.

Make sure all your general settings are set like these.

Intelligent mode - off
Check in system manager, usage mode is set to home
External device manager, input signal plus turn on
Power and energy saving, brightness optimisation is off and everything else in there to off

Picture clarity, noise reduction off. LED Clear Motion off.

I don't watch football because they earn too much money for what they do lol.

I noticed exactly the same thing on football. Every close up of a player gave a faint outline, mainly of their head but very noticeable and off putting. I went through the settings and turning Blur down from 3 to 0 removed this ghosting effect straight away (Blur at any setting seems to cause it, I keep judder at 3). As I watch a lot of football I had to simply leave Blur off so not idea what affect it has on other content and if it's needed or not. I'm now happy will all motion so i'll leave it as it is.

What are you using to watch football with. If it's sky HD or Q then it should be fine but you could try changing the upscaling options on the sky box. What's football like when it's on BBC as an example. As said earlier I don't watch football but when it shows on the news it looks ok to me. One issue I find on the Samsung is it seems mainly to concentrate on upscaling larger images so the foreground looks great but smaller images can look blurry and out of focus. The settings I have advised improve this and are perfect for my TV and am happy with the image. Mine has a Samsung panel which may make a difference.

Hi guys,

Really quick one. Does QN94A have the same issues with HDMI dropouts as QN95A? Got 95A and droppouts are horrible, I tried all diferent cabels and no diffrence. I am now returning the TV and the only other option would be QN94A or G1. The latter seems to be too dim for me.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

Really quick one. Does QN94A have the same issues with HDMI dropouts as QN95A? Got 95A and droppouts are horrible, I tried all diferent cabels and no diffrence. I am now returning the TV and the only other option would be QN94A or G1. The latter seems to be too dim for me.

Cheers!

I was going to get the 95A a few weeks ago but this issue put me off. I tried to find as much info as possible regarding the 94A and could not find any issues with the dropouts (believe it's related to the one connect box) so went for the 94A. So far no issues so believe it's fine.

I was going to get the 95A a few weeks ago but this issue put me off. I tried to find as much info as possible regarding the 94A and could not find any issues with the dropouts (believe it's related to the one connect box) so went for the 94A. So far no issues so believe it's fine.
95a is absolutely dreadful, I have it for 2 days and it's a joke. Thanks!

95a is absolutely dreadful, I have it for 2 days and it's a joke. Thanks!
You wouldn't be the first to have issues with the one connect box. Looks like Samsung have some more research to do.

There are no dropouts on the QN94 as it uses technology which works. Personally don't see an issue running additional cables to the TV as most of us do and for wall mounting you could just use an hdmi splitter.

You wouldn't be the first to have issues with the one connect box. Looks like Samsung have some more research to do.

There are no dropouts on the QN94 as it uses technology which works. Personally don't see an issue running additional cables to the TV as most of us do and for wall mounting you could just use an hdmi splitter.
The only reason I purchased QN95A was because I read somewhere it comes with a dedicated wall bracket and it sits flush with the wall. It looks like both TVs have same depth. Cables are no issue as I already have them in place

May be a silly question but is it possible to connect a PS5 to the HDMI 2.1 port for 120Hz as well as a Sonos Beam? My understanding is that only the 2.1 port has eARC, but wondered if the other ports support standard HDMI ARC and if that would work? Looking at buying the 50" QN94A. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom