Samsung QN94A Neo QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Last 2 mornings when Ive switch the tv on and the home screen displays, Ive notice the screen is flickering about once a second. Once I select a source and start viewing this isnt apparent. Ive checked all hdmi cables are firmly attached in the tv and sources.

Fingers crossed it doesnt get worse. Like I said, wouldnt recomment this tv. sorry.
chill out and enjoy it - if it breaks get it repaired under warranty!

Hi, I’m looking for some help and advice on this set

I’ve had the QN94 65” model since October, I use Sky Q and a PS5 as the main input sources.

Motion handling on this set is terrible especially on Football in both 4K and HD. The ticker bar on sky news also seems very jagged and jumpy and not a smooth scrolling motion as per my old unit.

Over Christmas my partner noticed films on Prime and Netflix also stutter at fast moving scenes.

What settings would be best to resolve these issues? Would a better quality HDMI help? Any help and advice would be great.

So far overall not impressed.

I don't have sky but use prime and have a ps5. I have not experienced any motion judder. I would turn off the picture clarity settings if they are on. I use movie mode. Are you using the Amazon and Netflix TV apps or are you feeding that in from an external source?

Latest firmware installed. I run apps directly from the sky q box for Amazon and Netflix. I’ve also tried various apps from the ps5. The motion is still terrible. I’ve played within various settings but nothing appears to make a difference.

Try using the tv apps for Amazon/Netflix or see if changing the hdmi cables affects the judder.

I have Sky Q and with intelligent mode off and all picture clarity modes off don’t suffer any judder on football in UHD or HD. Sky Sports News banner is smooth as silk as well.

If you’re using Sky Q for Prime and Netflix check the Judder reduction for TV apps setting in settings- audio/visual and set to on if off, or vice-versa. Would recommend using the TV apps though as the picture quality is much better.

Hi, I’m looking for some help and advice on this set

I’ve had the QN94 65” model since October, I use Sky Q and a PS5 as the main input sources.

Motion handling on this set is terrible especially on Football in both 4K and HD. The ticker bar on sky news also seems very jagged and jumpy and not a smooth scrolling motion as per my old unit.

Over Christmas my partner noticed films on Prime and Netflix also stutter at fast moving scenes.

What settings would be best to resolve these issues? Would a better quality HDMI help? Any help and advice would be great.

So far overall not impressed.
This is due to a Sky Q setting I believe, I would check out the sky community to find the exact one or browse yourself. I turned it off on the Q90T as it blurred while scrolling and it solved the issue.

Bought a QN94A 3 weeks ago and everything was fine with the tv. Today I noticed a couple of dead pixels, decided to take tv back to the store. When I got there the dead pixels had disappeared? The assistant advised me to get a spray and a microfiber cloth, I used it when I got home but I feel my screen looks worse. I called samsung who said I should only use a cloth and no fluids. Seeking advice on what to do, should I just bite the bullet and ask for my money back within the 30 day return policy ? Thanks

Bought a QN94A 3 weeks ago and everything was fine with the tv. Today I noticed a couple of dead pixels, decided to take tv back to the store. When I got there the dead pixels had disappeared? The assistant advised me to get a spray and a microfiber cloth, I used it when I got home but I feel my screen looks worse. I called samsung who said I should only use a cloth and no fluids. Seeking advice on what to do, should I just bite the bullet and ask for my money back within the 30 day return policy ? Thanks
In what way do you feel the screen looks worse?

Also, don't ever spray the screen with anything, you will generally end up leaving smudges and streaks, so just a micro fibre cloth is fine.

Shout out to @Richer Sounds for fantastic service, ordered the 55" on Monday, they priced matched with PRC Direct and dropped another £20 so got for £1159. Delivered yesterday and now all setup, wow what an amazing tv!. I've upgraded from a 12 year old edge lit Sony Bravia. Decided to go with this due to the many windows in our lounge and wide viewing angles required. Discarded OLED as my anxiety would not let me live with the risk of burn-in (however small that risk is).

Running Filmmaker mode on all sources and knocked the brightness down slightly and really happy with it.

Last 2 mornings when Ive switch the tv on and the home screen displays, Ive notice the screen is flickering about once a second. Once I select a source and start viewing this isnt apparent. Ive checked all hdmi cables are firmly attached in the tv and sources.

Fingers crossed it doesnt get worse. Like I said, wouldnt recomment this tv. sorry.
Are you using an AV receiver? I discovered yesterday that seemingly it's my AVR that introduces flicker, not the source itself.

I am wondering, is anyone using this TV as a PC monitor? In the QN95A thread some are reporting problems when they use 4k/HDR/VRR (or 120Hz) and having to disable some of those features to get it to work without dropouts - or even to work at all (one user reports the screen just goes black when enabling all of these features on their PC). I'm wondering if this is connected to the various dropout issues that model already has due to the OneConnect box.

Does anyone use the QN94A at 4k/HDR/VRR connected to a PC - does it work OK?

Many thanks!
Sorry it is a bit late but in answer to this yes I haven't had any issues. I caveat that with I have not played any HDR specific enabled games but it certainly works okay.

I have an RTX3080 and the QN94A plugged in via HDMI 2.1. There is some tweaking you need to do with menu settings in the TV to get it all set up right but it absolutely will do VRR (in my case gsync) and HDR and 4K.

I have found that netflix HDR doesn't seem to play the HDR as bright as the native TV netflix APP even though I can clearly see it sending a HDR signal in the netflix version of edge but I got tired of messing around with it. I suspect it has something to do with windows 10 dimming normal desktop colours once you set HDR to on in the windows colour display. I also have my brightness set to 25 to save the LED life if that is even a thing. Who knows I might play around with it again if I can be bothered at some point.

I've had this TV since Black Friday, and generally the picture is great but I've come across a recurrant issue which is bugging me and I am concerned it may be due to having a faulty set...

Basically, wavy lines are often visible on faint coloured block backgrounds (such as a light blue skyline or most recently on a wall painted a pale shade of yellow!) and I've since discovered the correct term for this is 'colour banding'. I initially assumed that this was due to the TV being both larger and considerably better quality showing up imperfections that I couldn't see before, as at first the TV was primarily hogged by my son's YouTube videos of some annoying prick called 'Blippi', but I have now noticed it on some newer films and just now I watched the brand new series on Britbox 'Spy City' and I could see the same thing numerous times as clear as day which was really off-putting.

On top of that I find there is sometimes a very grainy/noisy picture in the background of shots when the camera is focused on for example a face close-up.

Is this normal? Or should i be concerned?

Just to add, I have discovered by tinkering around with settings that enabling noise reduction does reduce this somewhat but not completely and it generally provides a poorer picture as a whole so I'd rather not have that as the only workaround!

Hi everyone,

I have trolled through the thread looking for recommended HDR game settings via the Series X and my PS5 as it seems very washed out at times and incredibly over bright at other times on both consoles. I have signal plus enabled and have it on game mode with HGIG on no ECO power is all off as is intelligent picture settings and i have calibrated both consoles correctly and have no issues getting 4k VRR 120fps with either console .

So can anyone share or recommend HDR Game picture settings please as this is becoming very annoying and frustrating.

Hi

I have the

Neo QLED QE50QN94A 50"​

arriving next week.

What are the best settings for this model?

Thanks.

Hello everyone I have a problem and I hope someone can help.
I wanted to change some picture settings in the service menu and foolishly forget to take a photo of the default settings.
I'd be very grateful if someone could provide the original settings for the following...

PWM Max
Pivot_PWM Max
PWM_INI_2D
PWM_MOVIE_INI
PWM Mid

Thank you very much

Just to add. I recently bought the 50” Qn94a. Everything seemed reasonable enough until it auto updated to 1903 version. At first glance it seems to have fixed any audio sync bugs but now I have a random “S” shape looking smudge in the screen and a little bit of a smudge elsewhere. Last night I had watched an episode @ 4K hdr and today watching it it’s randomly appeared since the update. As you’d expect I’m pretty gutted :-(

Update scratch all that, I am going to guess it was one of my damn cats brushing past the screen :-/ this is now going to make me paranoid. I had issues with wall mounting it so I cannot unfortunately go back to that.

Back to the original topic I’ll keep posted on sync issues and alike if anything changes.

Last edited:
So far this latest firmware seems to have fixed the temporary flickering issue I've had with 1808 but it's probably too soon to tell.

Edit: it was too soon, it still does it. Possibly the TV/AVR rather than the TV alone though.

Last edited:
Hi

I have the

Neo QLED QE50QN94A 50"​

arriving next week.

Thanks.
Depends if you want to watch tv or play games. I cant talk about set up for gaming. But for tv viewing, essentially turn off all 'Expert' picture settings.

My brightness is down at about 8, contrast about 32, colour about 25, mode setting is Movie.

Anyone know what this latest update 1903 is for?

Hi

I have the

Neo QLED QE50QN94A 50"​

arriving next week.

Thanks.
Mine arrived yesterday, absolutely loving it so far. It failed to get past the power test when trying to link up my Samsung Blu-ray/surround sound system, but the new remote does control the sound from it, so that's good. However when I try to look at my blu ray's menu on screen it says that it's not connected/try the source, so that's disappointing. Not sure whether I should try another HDMI port or even another HDMI cable.

Mine arrived yesterday, absolutely loving it so far. It failed to get past the power test when trying to link up my Samsung Blu-ray/surround sound system, but the new remote does control the sound from it, so that's good. However when I try to look at my blu ray's menu on screen it says that it's not connected/try the source, so that's disappointing. Not sure whether I should try another HDMI port or even another HDMI cable.
Actually I've managed to fix this by changing HDMI cables, all good :)

Does anyone know a solution to the following issue ?

Currently I have my PS4 into the single hdmi 2.1 (hdmi 4) on the tv. If I switch source from PS4 back to tv (sky a) my Yamaha av receiver blinks then turns itself on. I currently have hdmi from the eARC to the Yamaha audio out. I hate having to keep turning it off as I only use it for music and movies. The wife doesn’t need it for her crappy soaps and reality tv. I tried turning off hdmi cec or whatever it’s called but then I can’t get 5.1 at all until it’s turned back on.
Am I changing the wrong setting or is there no solution for this yet ?

Finally got Samsung to send engineer out. He took one look and confirmed it as faulty. He will send report to Samsung.

If screen is in stock, screen replacement. If not, new TV.
It’s a pain all that hassle but at least you have a solution in progress whichever one it is. I’m in a little bit of a shock they actually came to your house lol. All the best which the next stage

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom