Samsung QN94A Neo QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

My one of these is getting replaced next week. When displaying bright scenes it shows up marks as if there were three or four fingerprints smeared across the screen, but there aren't, at least not on the outside.

Look at the top corner of the page in this picture.

View attachment 1622111
Uninstall Word (unlicensed Product) and install something free like Open Office or LibreOffice

My problem seems to be permanent, agnostic of input, stays in position and is only really influenced by brightness/whiteness. I noticed it in one of the sea scenes in Tenet first.
Uninstall Word (unlicensed Product) and install something free like Open Office or LibreOffice
Off topic but I've got a 365 license, I just haven't logged into the account in question for a long time so it has lost track of it.

You have a right to return a tv within a certain amount of time if it’s declared faulty. That’s when buying a new one. You don’t have to agree for a repair, you can just request your money back or a replacement if you want to take a chance on another
Samsungs quality control, well basically they’ve forgot what that term means this year, probably because of the virus
This year I was looking for new tv and tried Samsung but the lcd panels, everyone is having issues with them even Sony so I went oled as it doesn’t have these dirty screen or blooming issues. I went for LG C1 because LG haven’t gone crazy whilst the pandemic is on and they have just refined a great product they had last year
Oled is not for everyone though particularly if your trying to use it as a monitor or something like that, might be best waiting until next year, see what models are out and gauge an experience from users to see what quality control is like then

This one came from Richer Sounds less than 30 days ago, who of course are exchanging it no trouble. Interesting about pandemic related panel quality. Despite appearances I'm not really using it as a monitor - it's connected to a HTPC. Word just happens to be the easiest way to generate a white scene.

Oh and it's got at least one dead pixel, FWIW. Below the O in 'SUBSCRIPTION'. I know there is no guarantee regarding this, just remarking on it. That wouldn't be a problem in practice.

Last edited:
Yes the service that Richer Sounds provide is excellent. It’s your call then a dead pixel definitely sounds like the need for a replacement or refund, it’s just a right hassle is the process of replacement and does stress you out as you then need to test the new replacement before you can start enjoying actually watching things on it

Here is a picture I took when watching the football earlier tonight where you can see quite a lot of motion. The motion I’m experiencing with sport is mainly when the camera zooms in on a player so they are large in the centre of the screen and moving. How do i stop or reduce this? I’ve tried messing around with different settings but no joy. I’ve got most of the auto/intelligent settings off, blur reduction 10 and judder reduction 10. Noise reduction is set to off. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 10FD0FBD-7664-4D53-962B-33F27AB9BD10.png
    10FD0FBD-7664-4D53-962B-33F27AB9BD10.png
    368.5 KB · Views: 243
Here is a picture I took when watching the football earlier tonight where you can see quite a lot of motion. The motion I’m experiencing with sport is mainly when the camera zooms in on a player so they are large in the centre of the screen and moving. How do i stop or reduce this? I’ve tried messing around with different settings but no joy. I’ve got most of the auto/intelligent settings off, blur reduction 10 and judder reduction 10. Noise reduction is set to off. Any help appreciated.

That doesn’t look right at all, could be a fault with your tv. Mine looks nothing like that with sport, really good in fact.

That doesn’t look right at all, could be a fault with your tv. Mine looks nothing like that with sport, really good in fact.
This is what I’m worried about - My limited knowledge means I have no idea of what is considered acceptable and when I should be sending a tv back. This was on sky sports UHD and so don’t know if that makes a difference? If I knew how to set the tv settings to their optimum to address some of the issues I’m having I would but I just don’t understand them all. 😔

Hi all,

Looking at buying this or the QN95A to use as a PC monitor via HDMI 2.1. I am concerned about the HDMI dropouts, am I correct in assuming these have much more affected the QN95A (suggesting a problem with the One COnnect box)? In which case the safer buy is the QN94?

Is there any other difference between the two models? I read the sound might be different but wasn't sure.

If in the future I do want a second HDMI 2.1 connection, is there a way of making that happen? Such as buying a peripheral?

Many thanks!

This is what I’m worried about - My limited knowledge means I have no idea of what is considered acceptable and when I should be sending a tv back. This was on sky sports UHD and so don’t know if that makes a difference? If I knew how to set the tv settings to their optimum to address some of the issues I’m having I would but I just don’t understand them all. 😔
You need to rule out the source I think. I don't know how you'll manage that but you need to be sure it's not Sky or the box settings rather than TV motion processing.

You need to rule out the source I think. I don't know how you'll manage that but you need to be sure it's not Sky or the box settings rather than TV motion processing.
Ok thanks. Yeah I have no idea either so any recommendations or pointers by anyone would be appreciated. What I really need is fool proof beginners guide to setting up this tv correctly. It’s really hard when you don’t understand all the options and settings even though I’ve done some research. I really want to like this tv but worrying I have a dud…..

My one of these is getting replaced next week. When displaying bright scenes it shows up marks as if there were three or four fingerprints smeared across the screen, but there aren't, at least not on the outside.

Look at the top corner of the page in this picture.

Hi Mate, I was in the process of returning mine and had a quick question about the returns label if you might have returned yours already. I spoke to Samsung who sent me a returns label, the label still shows my name and address under the "To" section, not the address of any Samsung facility or warehouse, it does not have any other address on their apart from my own, and just says "Collection" on one side. If you have your return label, was this similar for you, or was the address there actually to Samsung, seen as it is a return, just a bit confused.

Open question as well to anyone if you see it first and have dealt with returning the item to Samsung?

Thank you.

All these TVs being sent back is making me feel like I should have gone for something else 🤔

Hi Mate, I was in the process of returning mine and had a quick question about the returns label if you might have returned yours already. I spoke to Samsung who sent me a returns label, the label still shows my name and address under the "To" section, not the address of any Samsung facility or warehouse, it does not have any other address on their apart from my own, and just says "Collection" on one side. If you have your return label, was this similar for you, or was the address there actually to Samsung, seen as it is a return, just a bit confused.

Open question as well to anyone if you see it first and have dealt with returning the item to Samsung?

Thank you.
Sorry, I can't help you with this one - mine's going back to my local store. Hopefully someone else can advise.

How many people have one of these that they're happy with?

All I seem to see here are DSE complaints and returns but the reviews are glowing and it seems to suit my needs in many ways - I have a bright room and I know I'd worry about burn-in (quite likely it might get left on paused/static images).

Keen to buy now to take advantage of the pre-Christmas cashback offers around at the moment - or is it better to wait for Jan sales, I wonder?

All I seem to see here are DSE complaints and returns but the reviews are glowing and it seems to suit my needs in many ways - I have a bright room and I know I'd worry about burn-in (quite likely it might get left on paused/static images).

Keen to buy now to take advantage of the pre-Christmas cashback offers around at the moment - or is it better to wait for Jan sales, I wonder?

I have to say, for DSE I was super lucky, my screen was extremely clean, as far as the panel lottery I was happy. However, I don't think the TV suited my needs in the end among some issues. I really wanted to love this TV, but just couldn't given the issues I had.

Good:
- BRIGHT! - For bright content, it looked amazing, colours and HDR really popped, probably the best TV I have seen for this kind of stuff.

-Screen - Mine was clean luckily, minimal if any noticable DSE when testing or under normal use.

-Tizen OS - Very snappy OS and easy to use, remote is also nice.

Bad:
- Sound Issues - I have a Samsung soundbar, so looked forward to using it with this, constant issues of audio dropping out, sometimes when I would bring the TV menu up and then exit out, sound would go, then I would need to reboot the soundbar, never had such issues with old TV.

- Laggy LEDs - There was noticable lag to the LEDs adjusting to different levels of brightness, usually on the likes of the PS5 or Xbox Series X, not really noticed during TV/Movie Watching.

- Motion - A fair bit of Judder, especially when gaming 30 fps games, it has a "Game Motion Plus" option, which did absolutely nothing when turned on which was a shame. Also, things just looked a little unclear when moving around, losing detail of the grass (In games) etc compared to my old TV.

- Raised Blacks - One of the biggest issues for me, blacks turn misty and greyish, usually not an issue when watching movies, movies looked brilliant, but when playing games this became apparent and off putting, once again, my old full array TV handled this significantly better. It just seems to want to turn night time scenes into day if it could.

- HDMI Switches - The TV really struggled with having a HDMI switch in place for multiple Devices, it has a process whereby it likes to identify which device is plugged into it, e.g. If the HDMI switch is set to a Sky Box, when plugged into the TV, the TV is happy to recognise that it is a Sky box, as soon as you change the channel on the switch to the other HDMI, the super smart TV becomes super dumb, I think it gets confused as it is expecitng a particular signal from the Sky Box, but gets something else, which then meant unplugging the HDMI of the switch while on the new device and plugging back in, at which point it would work.

- BRIGHT! - Yes, stupidly it is also a con, during evenings and in the room with low light it became slightly nauseating watching at the same brightness as day time, which you can reduce of ofcourse, but a con for me as I wish there was a quick convenient way to leave it in one mode, or maybe have an option where you could set the levels of brightness for certain times in the day in the menu.

- Colours - Though they did pop and were nice to look at, they just seemed a little washed out at times, they were lacking some richness and colour hues like the red were a bit on the pinky side. This is a minor complaint though, the colours looked very nice overall, and were not muted at all due to brightness output of the TV.

- Blooming - Not a massive deal breaker, it was quite good overall, but had more blooming than my old TV (Probably due to the insane amounts of extra brightness.

Last edited:
All things QN94A

Samsung link to the TV

YouTube Review 1

YouTube Review 2

PC World and Richer Sounds currently have an offer on the 65" with £400 off the marked price (Offer ends 06/07/2021) and a £300 rebate (Offer ends 07/09/2021) bringing the TV down in price to £1,799. Not bad for a recently released 65" top end telly.
Hi guys,

So I’ve purchased a Samsung 50” QN94a TV and have had it for a month now. TV functions great however I’ve noticed at the back of the TV where the inputs go in, it sometimes makes a very faint buzz noise which comes and goes. Do other owners of the TV experience the same sound?

It comes and goes when the TV is off. As soon as the TV is turned on, it disappears. It’s not loud at all, you have to stick your head behind the TV and listen in a quiet room. I get the TV makes a noise while it’s on as with all electrical items however is it normal for it to be doing that when the TV is off and has been off for hours?

Samsung support confirmed it’s normal for it to be doing that but something about it isn’t sitting right with me.

I’ve done my testing of removing connections etc and can confirm the noise coming from the TV itself where the inputs are. There is no interference as I only have a PS5 and Sound-bar connected.

Would appreciate if other owners of the TV can have a check and feedback please. Sound may not be present initially so please have a listen for a few mins to see if it appears. (From the input side of the TV)

I only noticed it when trying to plug something in behind the TV stand. Wouldn’t have realised if it wasn’t for that.

Thanks!

I am really happy with my 55” one of these. It always looks worse than it really is on the forum as you only hear about the ones with problems.

I have tried looking online and don't think i could find any info. I got my little guy a Series X for xmas, does anybody have or know the best settings (from the beginning) for setting it up?? I don't even know how to enter game mode etc. So i don't have tears on xmas day. Thanks guys and meery Christmas to one and all

I would like to know this too as I just connected one and its so bright it burns your retinas, need to wear sunglasses lol

You can but will have more sound/screen drops, in my case to reduce the amount of drops is setting the TV at 120fps@4k without HDR and connecting the speakers directly to the PC sound card.
I am wondering, is anyone using this TV as a PC monitor? In the QN95A thread some are reporting problems when they use 4k/HDR/VRR (or 120Hz) and having to disable some of those features to get it to work without dropouts - or even to work at all (one user reports the screen just goes black when enabling all of these features on their PC). I'm wondering if this is connected to the various dropout issues that model already has due to the OneConnect box.

Does anyone use the QN94A at 4k/HDR/VRR connected to a PC - does it work OK?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
I have to say, for DSE I was super lucky, my screen was extremely clean, as far as the panel lottery I was happy. However, I don't think the TV suited my needs in the end among some issues. I really wanted to love this TV, but just couldn't given the issues I had.

Good:
- BRIGHT! - For bright content, it looked amazing, colours and HDR really popped, probably the best TV I have seen for this kind of stuff.

-Screen - Mine was clean luckily, minimal if any noticable DSE when testing or under normal use.

-Tizen OS - Very snappy OS and easy to use, remote is also nice.

Bad:
- Sound Issues - I have a Samsung soundbar, so looked forward to using it with this, constant issues of audio dropping out, sometimes when I would bring the TV menu up and then exit out, sound would go, then I would need to reboot the soundbar, never had such issues with old TV.

- Laggy LEDs - There was noticable lag to the LEDs adjusting to different levels of brightness, usually on the likes of the PS5 or Xbox Series X, not really noticed during TV/Movie Watching.

- Motion - A fair bit of Judder, especially when gaming 30 fps games, it has a "Game Motion Plus" option, which did absolutely nothing when turned on which was a shame. Also, things just looked a little unclear when moving around, losing detail of the grass (In games) etc compared to my old TV.

- Raised Blacks - One of the biggest issues for me, blacks turn misty and greyish, usually not an issue when watching movies, movies looked brilliant, but when playing games this became apparent and off putting, once again, my old full array TV handled this significantly better. It just seems to want to turn night time scenes into day if it could.

- HDMI Switches - The TV really struggled with having a HDMI switch in place for multiple Devices, it has a process whereby it likes to identify which device is plugged into it, e.g. If the HDMI switch is set to a Sky Box, when plugged into the TV, the TV is happy to recognise that it is a Sky box, as soon as you change the channel on the switch to the other HDMI, the super smart TV becomes super dumb, I think it gets confused as it is expecitng a particular signal from the Sky Box, but gets something else, which then meant unplugging the HDMI of the switch while on the new device and plugging back in, at which point it would work.

- BRIGHT! - Yes, stupidly it is also a con, during evenings and in the room with low light it became slightly nauseating watching at the same brightness as day time, which you can reduce of ofcourse, but a con for me as I wish there was a quick convenient way to leave it in one mode, or maybe have an option where you could set the levels of brightness for certain times in the day in the menu.

- Colours - Though they did pop and were nice to look at, they just seemed a little washed out at times, they were lacking some richness and colour hues like the red were a bit on the pinky side. This is a minor complaint though, the colours looked very nice overall, and were not muted at all due to brightness output of the TV.

- Blooming - Not a massive deal breaker, it was quite good overall, but had more blooming than my old TV (Probably due to the insane amounts of extra brightness.
There is a setting for brightness to adjust to the surroundings btw, it works quite well for me.

Last 2 mornings when Ive switch the tv on and the home screen displays, Ive notice the screen is flickering about once a second. Once I select a source and start viewing this isnt apparent. Ive checked all hdmi cables are firmly attached in the tv and sources.

Fingers crossed it doesnt get worse. Like I said, wouldnt recomment this tv. sorry.

Love mine so far, no problems at all.

No DSE. No problems. The odd bit of buyers remorse when I'm watching a movie at night and think I should have went OLED, then remember all the daytime viewing (or evening in the summer) where the glare on my old TV was driving me insane.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom