Samsung QN94A Neo QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

My trusty old LG UB79 inch tv has just given up on life, so I’ve just pulled the trigger on the 85inch. I had a good deal of £3300 with cash back, hopefully this will blow me away coming from a tv with no HDR.

so, my tv just started having issues.

Section of the screen just went darker than the rest.

middle right:
20211211_144902.jpg

20211211_153305.jpg

20211211_154712.jpg

Hi everyone

What do you have your sharpness settings on? Interested to read about how others with the same TV view their favourite programmes.

I've had my QN94A professionally ISF calibrated and the results with the colour and white balance being adjusted are amazing, everything looks so much more natural and everyone's skin tones look great.

I currently have my sharpness on 2, I found 0 to be too blurry but 2 seems to be a 'sweet spot' with my TV.

Would like to hear what others have that setting on.

Hi everyone

What do you have your sharpness settings on? Interested to read about how others with the same TV view their favourite programmes.

I've had my QN94A professionally ISF calibrated and the results with the colour and white balance being adjusted are amazing, everything looks so much more natural and everyone's skin tones look great.

I currently have my sharpness on 2, I found 0 to be too blurry but 2 seems to be a 'sweet spot' with my TV.

Would like to hear what others have that setting on.
Hopefully gonna be finally ordering one of these this week. Interested to know who you got to professionally calibrate yours as might go down that route myself.

Hopefully gonna be finally ordering one of these this week. Interested to know who you got to professionally calibrate yours as might go down that route myself.
@AndyGPG You won't regret it! It's a lovely TV.
Ivan Samuel at ISF Calibration (TV Calibration | Professional TV Calibration Service (ISF) UK) came to calibrate my TV and I highly recommend him to anyone who's looking into getting their TV professionally calibrated. He was really friendly and explained the process he was undertaking really well. He was also happy to answer any of my questions (and I had lots! Haha). He's got some cracking results out of my TV. It's hard to explain, but the picture on my TV looks 'correct' now. I know that's really vague but you'd understand if/when you have it done. Small adjustments to the 2pt white balance and custom colour space adjustments makes a hell of a difference. People's skin tones are great, and everything looks far more natural how it's intended to be.

getting excited as my 75 inch 94A arrives tomorrow. Do people watch netflix and amazon via sky or use the app on the tv for best results ?

getting excited as my 75 inch 94A arrives tomorrow. Do people watch netflix and amazon via sky or use the app on the tv for best results ?
Definitely use the native apps. Sky compresses the content to the point where some quality is lost so you're not getting the full picture.

Netflix and Amazon also just perform better using the apps built in to the TV, while also giving you a proper good picture. so it's win win

Hi. I received my 65" QN94A, it arrived in a QN90A box though. I am concerned it could be an ADS panel instead of VA, curious if anyone knows how I can ascertain this for sure. As I am aware the EU versions fothe QN90A are ADS, so not sure how this works. Thanks.

Last edited:
mime came today also in a 90A box but if you look at the energy label or the serial number stuck to the box it says 94A. Pleased so far with setup .

I have a 950A soundbar connectedto my QN94 TV, for Q Symphony sound when i look at settings, sound options I only see TV + Soundbar (wifi) option, expect (hdmi) option.

any ideas why not see hdmi option

I have a 950A soundbar connectedto my QN94 TV, for Q Symphony sound when i look at settings, sound options I only see TV + Soundbar (wifi) option, expect (hdmi) option.

any ideas why not see hdmi option

Connected to eArc port on the TV?

Connected to eArc port on the TV?
yes AV soundbar Q950 HDMI-earc displayed on tv when i change volume
sound is great from the soundbar.

Expecting delivery of my 55 QB94A tomorrow. Has anyone found anywhere (website/YouTube channel etc) with a good breakdown of calibration settings? Will maybe look to get it done by a professional at some point next year but would be good to get it looking as good as I can before then and I am completely ignorant to it all!

Expecting delivery of my 55 QB94A tomorrow. Has anyone found anywhere (website/YouTube channel etc) with a good breakdown of calibration settings? Will maybe look to get it done by a professional at some point next year but would be good to get it looking as good as I can before then and I am completely ignorant to it all!
The best calibration settings are yours eyes.

I get that but I don’t know what all the menu settings and options mean so rather than spending hours faffing around with something I don’t understand, it would be nice to use someone’s recommendations as a base point ☺️

I get that but I don’t know what all the menu settings and options mean so rather than spending hours faffing around with something I don’t understand, it would be nice to use someone’s recommendations as a base point ☺️
1st. Disable all "Greta Thunberg" related stuff from settings
2nd play with settings until your eyes agree with what you see

I have qn93a which is same TV and I didn't do much for set up. Almost all picture settings are like came from factory.

just watched netflix on app and the tv+soundbar earc appeared as an option. however now when i switch to sky Q sound ok, but when reload netflix, picture ok but sound is from sky. netflix sound not playing.. any ideas ?

1st. Disable all "Greta Thunberg" related stuff from settings
2nd play with settings until your eyes agree with what you see

I have qn93a which is same TV and I didn't do much for set up. Almost all picture settings are like came from factory.

So I finally took delivery of my 55 QN94a this afternoon. Haven’t had a major chance to explore the settings etc but so far I’ve turned off brightness optimisation and motion lighting as seem to remember that being suggested somewhere? At the moment I’m finding the TV super bright and actually getting a bit of motion sickness from watching it lol! (I’m sure I’ll get used to it).

I’ve noticed some fast moving items when in the middle of the screen jump a bit (noticed it on sport highlights etc). Is this normal and what’s called juddering or is that something else? I just have no idea how to set it all up properly. I also watched some ‘TV Tests’ on YouTube for different things but have no idea what to look for when watching them. Any tips/recommendations much appreciated!

So I finally took delivery of my 55 QN94a this afternoon. Haven’t had a major chance to explore the settings etc but so far I’ve turned off brightness optimisation and motion lighting as seem to remember that being suggested somewhere? At the moment I’m finding the TV super bright and actually getting a bit of motion sickness from watching it lol! (I’m sure I’ll get used to it).

I’ve noticed some fast moving items when in the middle of the screen jump a bit (noticed it on sport highlights etc). Is this normal and what’s called juddering or is that something else? I just have no idea how to set it all up properly. I also watched some ‘TV Tests’ on YouTube for different things but have no idea what to look for when watching them. Any tips/recommendations much appreciated!

If you're seeing things jump a bit do you mean it looks like part of the image is left behind, almost like a part of a ghost?

If so could try switching off the motion plus settings, or adjust manually. I find leaving it on auto causes too much of this - manually set LED clear motion on when I don't mind the dimmer picture (eg at night when in a dark room), leave everything off during normal viewing.

If you're seeing things jump a bit do you mean it looks like part of the image is left behind, almost like a part of a ghost?

If so could try switching off the motion plus settings, or adjust manually. I find leaving it on auto causes too much of this - manually set LED clear motion on when I don't mind the dimmer picture (eg at night when in a dark room), leave everything off during normal viewing.
It’s more like a judder type of movement rather than a ghost. It’s mainly with fast moving objects and it isn’t all the time.
I’m keen to know how I’ve got on in the panel lottery with dirty screen and stuff but don’t really know all the different types of tests and what I should be looking for when I run them. I did do one to test the blacks and dirty screen I think and I was a bit worried by these pictures attached (the screen seemed ok to me I think until it got to 17 on the test) Any comments on them and if that’s particularly bad? Ideally I’d just like to know if I’ve got a dud screen before the return period ends but don’t know how to tell. Guess if my eyes are happy it’s ok but I’d like to educate myself more.

Attachments

• 07AEE290-5CE9-4EC7-B512-5665F085D3AC.jpeg
    07AEE290-5CE9-4EC7-B512-5665F085D3AC.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 143
  • F807D15A-B143-4691-BB4B-9EBE27986C46.jpeg
    F807D15A-B143-4691-BB4B-9EBE27986C46.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 7B020FE9-6BC0-4FB1-9879-F1D275B03618.jpeg
    7B020FE9-6BC0-4FB1-9879-F1D275B03618.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 161
My one of these is getting replaced next week. When displaying bright scenes it shows up marks as if there were three or four fingerprints smeared across the screen, but there aren't, at least not on the outside.

Look at the top corner of the page in this picture.

20211211_175341.jpg

Yeah can see the marks you mean. I find it so hard to know what to do as I’m very inexperienced with TVs so don’t know how to test them properly. I’m wondering if in the pictures I attached, it’s like that because of the red writing? Not sure if that’s what’s referred to as blooming or not?

I then think what happens if the screen they replace it with if you send it back is worse - I guess at some point everyone will have to decide ‘this tv is ok for me’ as you can’t forever keep changing and doubt a perfect panel/screen exists. Maybe I’m just overthinking things!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom