Samsung QN94A Neo QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

naz1911

Established Member
Reaction score
All things QN94A

Samsung link to the TV

YouTube Review 1

YouTube Review 2

PC World and Richer Sounds currently have an offer on the 65" with £400 off the marked price (Offer ends 06/07/2021) and a £300 rebate (Offer ends 07/09/2021) bringing the TV down in price to £1,799. Not bad for a recently released 65" top end telly.

I am quite surprised this thread is so quiet. Am hoping to purchase this soon, depending on offers or black Friday. This model does not seem to have the problems with games consoles like the QN95 and the connect box issues. Any other owners good some positives and negatives?

Hi all, hope you're all good!

Just wanted to ask a few questions. It's time for me to move up from a 55" set to a 65". My 55" is an LG B6 OLED, which is still amazing, but I fancy trying a non-OLED TV for my next set. Has anyone moved from OLED to QLED, and if so, were you pleased/disappointed etc?

Also, I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a QN94a, but then came here and saw the issues with the VA panels and the IPS panels. Has anyone figured out if there's a way to guarantee receiving a VA panel? I've asked Samsung Live Chat to confirm which panel the QN94a should have, and was told very bluntly that they don't disclose this information, as they don't feel it's beneficial to their customers.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Just wanted to ask a few questions. It's time for me to move up from a 55" set to a 65". My 55" is an LG B6 OLED, which is still amazing, but I fancy trying a non-OLED TV for my next set. Has anyone moved from OLED to QLED, and if so, were you pleased/disappointed etc?

Also, I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on a QN94a, but then came here and saw the issues with the VA panels and the IPS panels. Has anyone figured out if there's a way to guarantee receiving a VA panel? I've asked Samsung Live Chat to confirm which panel the QN94a should have, and was told very bluntly that they don't disclose this information, as they don't feel it's beneficial to their customers.

Do you mainly watch in a room with lots of light? If so, QLED. If not then stick with OLED.

Just mounted the tv to the wall and noticed 1 tiny little problem. The power cable is far too short. Wont reach the plug socket. This has well p1ssed me off. Any recommendations. Just seen this one on amazon
Amazon product ASIN B0722VJMZ8

I purchased the 50 inch version of this TV a couple of weeks back and am very happy with it. I do have a question for anyone else who also has one of these, does BBC iPlayer support 4K HDR?

I’m pretty sure when I set the TV up initially I was able to view 4K HDR content like Blue Planet 2, but checking yesterday all I was getting was the HD versions of all programs that should be in 4K.

I’ve checked the app settings and it’s definitely set to best quality, and on auto update. I have hard wired ethernet which is working fine and all other sources work fine in 4K (Netflix, Prime, Apple TV+).

All setup now and im loving this tv so far. Will post pictures soon and more details. I now have audio drop outs while watching 4k discs and lip sync was off. Switched sources then back again the lip sync went. The drop outs happened twice in an hour while watching godzilla. Not 1 audio drop out while watching sky or gaming on my xbox.

All setup now and im loving this tv so far. Will post pictures soon and more details. I now have audio drop outs while watching 4k discs and lip sync was off. Switched sources then back again the lip sync went. The drop outs happened twice in an hour while watching godzilla. Not 1 audio drop out while watching sky or gaming on my xbox.
Thats not good to hear :( On my QN95A 85" I wouldn't have any on my PC or Fire TV, but every hour to two hours on XSX and two 4k blu ray players. I had wondered if the OCB was the culprit so very disappointed if the flaky audio is there on the 94!

It's also weird that no new firmware has been released officially for the uk since May (despite other firmware being reported on new shipments). Which I hoped may address the drop outs...

Last edited:
The tv started to lag then my xbox just signal. Audio drops outs on more films so I just contacted John Lewis to take the TV back.
PXL_20210803_194354374.jpg

Last edited:
The tv started to lag then my xbox just signal. Audio drops outs on more films so I just contacted John Lewis to take the TV back.
Yeah I had that maybe once every couple of days or so. The audio drops were all the time (every hour or two) Are you getting a replacement or money back?

Contacted them this morning and they said cause I contacted them in the first 30 days I would be entitled to a full refund or a replacement. But she said to try this first power reset and disconnect all cables from the hdmi ports. Then try connecting the cables 1 by 1 to see if it happens again as it sounds like interference. All cables are now connected. The TV detects my xbox and sky straight away but not my switch or 4k player. I still get lip sync issue but easily fixed by pressing pause for a couple of seconds on my player. 5 films in and so far not a single audio drop out. They said if I get anymore drop outs contact them. Hopefully I dont cause the picture quality is fantastic.

HDMI 1 - switch
HDMI 2- 4k player
HDMI 3 - sky
HDMI 4 - Xbox

Contacted them this morning and they said cause I contacted them in the first 30 days I would be entitled to a full refund or a replacement. But she said to try this first power reset and disconnect all cables from the hdmi ports. Then try connecting the cables 1 by 1 to see if it happens again as it sounds like interference. All cables are now connected. The TV detects my xbox and sky straight away but not my switch or 4k player. I still get lip sync issue but easily fixed by pressing pause for a couple of seconds on my player. 5 films in and so far not a single audio drop out. They said if I get anymore drop outs contact them. Hopefully I dont cause the picture quality is fantastic.

HDMI 1 - switch
HDMI 2- 4k player
HDMI 3 - sky
HDMI 4 - Xbox
Please keep me updated. I'll be honest though, it all sounds flaky to me. I tried everything when I had my issues over the 3 weeks or so I had the TV for. Never fully resolved. But lets hope yours is OK.

I've had this TV now since I created this thread. Some of the issues you guys are posting about e.g. dropouts etc. sound like sub par HDMI cables. I thought I had a HDMI 2.1 cable before, and had these dropout issues. Since changing cables, no major issues.
Make sure to go for Ultra High Speed HDMI Certified Cables. This should clear up most of the issues.
Link to a good cheap one:
Amazon product ASIN B08SLR3HW9
As for picture quality, with a little tweaking, I have no issues at all. It pops better than my QE65Q9FN. Brighter when it needs to be, local dimming is far superior when it needs to be with significantly less haloing.

My main use is PC gaming. I use it as an oversized 120hz 4K monitor. Enabling game mode really screws up picture quality requiring a lot of colour adjustment to get it right again.

Using it to watch UHD Blu Rays, HDR is awesome.

Biggest issue is eARC for me. It is an absolute mess. Reading other TV brand threads, it's not Samsung specific, its the eARC standard that seems to be crap.

If I enable ATMOS on PC, XBOX Series X or anything else apart from inbuilt apps (Netflix, Amazon Video etc.), there is a massive audio delay that just cannot be resolved.

If you have an ATMOS compatible eARC sound bar / AV Receiver, and having issues getting Netflix to work with ATMOS, there is a workaround I figured out.
Switch the TV off fully via plug switch for a few secs and then on again(This ensures Netflix will not quick launch)
Make sure your Sound bar / AV Receiver is on and all the eARC functions on TV and sound device is on.
On the remote, select Home > Apps >Settings (Cog top right corner) > Scroll to Netflix and then reinstall it.
Launch Netflix, and ATMOS should now work with no lip sync issues. Lost In Space is a good test for this.

For the guys thinking about buying this TV, my advice is that if it is going to be used mainly as a gaming display where there are plenty of static images (HUD, mini-map etc.), go for it. If not, stick to OLED.

Gaming is the only reason I am sticking to LCD or else i would have been on the OLED choo choo train long time ago. Screen burn on a £2K+ TV not worth it! Would ruin my immersion.

At £1,800 for a 65" after £400 fire sale discount £300 rebate from Richer Sounds, I cant complain :)

Last edited:
Whilst cables are obviously critical and its good that people are reminded of there importance. It does seem to be the common resolution thrown out to users with issues on Samsungs. Mine are all certified and when I plugged the same cables into the 83" C1, all issues disappeared, including eARC.

Last edited:
Update my Xbox lost signal twice this morning which well annoyed me. Contacted JohnLewis and they tried to tell me it was my Xbox that might have a fault. Not a chance so went further into the conversation and I am now getting a full refund and they are collecting the tv next week. So now Samsung are now on my avoid list for TV's. Got to find a new tv again now that is similar to the picture quality of this tv. Not touching oled.

Update my Xbox lost signal twice this morning which well annoyed me. Contacted JohnLewis and they tried to tell me it was my Xbox that might have a fault. Not a chance so went further into the conversation and I am now getting a full refund and they are collecting the tv next week. So now Samsung are now on my avoid list for TV's. Got to find a new tv again now that is similar to the picture quality of this tv. Not touching oled.
Thanks for letting us know. It saves me wasting my time with the 94 having already had issues with a 95. And for me 85" aint easy to keep swapping around!

Same boat, with looking for alternatives. Though, I'm keeping an eye on if/when Samsung release a new firmware as it may fix the issues we've had.

Shame really as I have never seen HDR movies looking so dam good with this TV. Too many problems with audio drop outs and gaming is hit and miss. Today I was trying multiple games and then I noticed the game bar not working then a bit of lag then I lost hdmi signal. Its as if you cant try switching games. I am currently looking at a Sony BRAVIA XR55X94JU and Panasonic TX-55JX940.

How come you don't want OLED?

Its the burn-in that bothers me.

Don't worry about it mate.

If it does concern you, buy ya TV from John Lewis, then pay the 140 quid or similar for their extended 5yr warranty which covers accidental damage and burn in (it states this in the terms)

I went from B6 to B7 then to Q90R and now to LG G1.
Moving from B7 to Q90R i notice big jump in HDR brightness but going from Q90R to G1 drop in brightness i s waay les then what i expected.
Q90R is fantastic tv so i belive this new mini led models are even better.

Anyone able to answer my question above about iPlayer 4K HDR on this set?

It’s frustrating that I’m pretty sure this worked when I first got the set and now all I can get is HD. I know the programs are available in 4K HDR as I can play them fine from my Virgin V6 box.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom