Led Clear Motion OFF
Noise Reduction OFF
Local Dimming STANDARD
Contrast Enhancer OFF
Film Mode AUTO
Colour Tone WARM2
Gamma 2.2
Shadow Detail -1

I haven't touched white balance or colour space settings.
Colour looks a little low at 20 and Sharpness - any reason why you have this set to 10 for SDR?
I always put sharpness to 0.

steveharry66

Standard Member
Yes yours similar too mine , im quite pleased with the picture now, still not as clear as the Sony but thats got Reality Creation and Smooth Gradation, wish the Samsung had those settings, ive also found using Fire Tv stick for Amazon and Netflix Youtube give a lot sharper picture compared with the built in apps on the Tv, i think its a great Tv really just different looking processing compared to the Sony. The Samsung beats the xf9005 for black levels and viewing angles on the 50 inch really good, all in all its a great Tv for Gaming Netflix Pime and YouTube, just falls behind the Sony for upscaling SDR tv programmes, to be honest most Mainstream Tv not really worth watching anyway so its not a big deal for me.

HullGuy2022

Colour looks a little low at 20 and Sharpness - any reason why you have this set to 10 for SDR?
I always put sharpness to 0.

The above settings are my most recent settings which are a little different to what I had before when I was complaining about the tv. I didn't realise I had brightness optimisation set to on. I also had blur and judder set to zero from someone else's recommendation. I changed these to whathifi's recommended settings. I changed gamma and shadow to what has been advised above. Just watching F1 from earlier taped on ITV4 and that looks well with no complaints. Had a flick through other channels and picture does seem better.

The sharpness didn't seem to make any difference to whatever I picked so left it in the middle. Colour is fine for me on 20 and looks more natural like my Sony was. I do have the Samsung panel in mine which may or may not make a difference. My previous QN94 had an AUO panel and I did make a note of my settings before I sent it back. That t was set at 25.

How do my other settings look.

Images look better when not in the foreground. One my complaints was that images which were not directly in front of the camera looked out of focus, for example if the camera focuses on one person, the image was superb on SD and HD channels. However if the camera was viewing on 3 or 4 people then they looked blurry. This seems much improved. The motion flow for slow panning now also seems a lot more smooth. It seemed a little jerky before as though it missed a frame here and there.

Foreground images still look a little super imposed but I guess this is just how Samsung upscale the image.

Overall I would say we have made some good steps in the right direction as I was quite disappointed with this TV having no complaints with my Sony 9005. My Sony was fine on standard settings out of the box with just anything that was auto turned off. Took me 5 minutes to set the Sony up and about a month with the QN94 lol but I think it's about there now.

sd187

Hi All

Really informative thread.

I wonder if anybody has an opinion on the following...

I can purchase the QN94 50" for just £559 with student discount
The QN94 55" Is £959

The only major differences I can work out, (most review sites being US based and reviewing their QN90 - Same TV as the QN94 in the UK I gather..) are that the 50" doesnt have the Ultra viewing angle or better anti glare - and instead has the Wide viewing angle with no anti glare.

My question is should I cough up the extra £400 for the ultra viewing angle, I will have the TV in a medium size living room and will mainly use it for solo tv watching and HDR gaming and the occasional HDR movie with more people.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated!
As a sidenote, if anyone has any thoughts on this: I am also eyeing an LG OLED 55" B1 which is rated higher overall and better in MOST* individual categories on RTings and tvfindr when compared to the US samsung QN90 (which again, I believe is the same as the UK QN94) - but is an OLED. It sits nicely between the two prices above at £799 (refurbed)
Thanks in advance.
Also @HullGuy2022 it seems you walked so everybody else can run! I will definitely be looking into copying your settings for standard tv viewing instantly if I go for the QN94!
*edit: changed each individual category to most individual categories

Last edited:

yonda1960

Standard Member
Hi All

The QN94 55" Is £959

The only major differences I can work out, (most review sites being US based and reviewing their QN90 - Same TV as the QN94 in the UK I gather..) are that the 50" doesnt have the Ultra viewing angle or better anti glare - and instead has the Wide viewing angle with no anti glare.

My question is should I cough up the extra £400 for the ultra viewing angle, I will have the TV in a medium size living room and will mainly use it for solo tv watching and HDR gaming and the occasional HDR movie with more people.

As a sidenote, if anyone has any thoughts on this: I am also eyeing an LG OLED 55" B1 which is rated higher overall and better in MOST* individual categories on RTings and tvfindr when compared to the US samsung QN90 (which again, I believe is the same as the UK QN94) - but is an OLED. It sits nicely between the two prices above at £799 (refurbed)
Thanks in advance.
Also @HullGuy2022 it seems you walked so everybody else can run! I will definitely be looking into copying your settings for standard tv viewing instantly if I go for the QN94!
I have the QN94 50 inch and it does have anti glare coating. I sit fairly straight on to the TV so don’t really notice it not being ultra wide viewing angle, all I can compare it to is my previous KS8000 49 inch and it is much better in this respect. Even if I stand quite a way to one side of the TV the colours still pop.

HullGuy2022

Hi All

The QN94 55" Is £959

Thanks in advance.
I always think bigger is better when it comes to TV's but obviously within reason. I had a 50" LG and got chance of a Sony 9005 in 55" and went for it. Sat maybe 6' to 8' away and the 55" was fine. We moved our living room around so then sat 13' away so 55" was too small and upgraded to a 65". I should have perhaps gone 75" at that distance but it would take over the living room if I had done that. Different if you wall mount but I can't do that. On the size if you have a 50" already then definitely go for the 55".

I would say for quite a few weeks I wasn't happy with the Samsung, first one was damaged and then started looking for other faults and decided my old Sony which cost nearly half the price of the QN94 was a better viewing experience. The second one seemed a little better but I still wasn't happy.

I have gone back and edited a few of my posts where I was complaining about the tv. I took another members advice who had the same Sony TV as me and altered my gamma settings to his and for some reason I had brightness optimisation enabled in general settings. It was like my TV suddenly lit up and am very happy with the TV now. Thanks to @steveharry66 because without his post my QN94 would be on eBay now.

The fault really is down to Samsung and the viewing experience out of the box should be at least as good as my 2015 LG TV in the bedroom which is a £300 TV. It's still not as smooth on motion flow as my Sony and I can live with that but I have excellent picture quality now and some SD programmes would pass for HD. I never thought I would have had a good word to say about the QN94 but it's all down to the expert Settings, something on my Sony I didn't bother with apart from turning anything that was auto to off.

sd187

I have the QN94 50 inch and it does have anti glare coating. I sit fairly straight on to the TV so don’t really notice it not being ultra wide viewing angle, all I can compare it to is my previous KS8000 49 inch and it is much better in this respect. Even if I stand quite a way to one side of the TV the colours still pop.
Thank you! That is great to know and it has basically sealed the deal for me. I delved deeper after my OP and found the 55" QN90 for £824 which has everything the same as the 55" QN94 except the wideview angle vs ultraview angle. Thanks to your reply I've decided that one small detail isnt worth £100+ and I've just ordered the 55" QN90
I always think bigger is better when it comes to TV's but obviously within reason. I had a 50" LG and got chance of a Sony 9005 in 55" and went for it. Sat maybe 6' to 8' away and the 55" was fine. We moved our living room around so then sat 13' away so 55" was too small and upgraded to a 65". I should have perhaps gone 75" at that distance but it would take over the living room if I had done that. Different if you wall mount but I can't do that. On the size if you have a 50" already then definitely go for the 55".

I would say for quite a few weeks I wasn't happy with the Samsung, first one was damaged and then started looking for other faults and decided my old Sony which cost nearly half the price of the QN94 was a better viewing experience. The second one seemed a little better but I still wasn't happy.

I have gone back and edited a few of my posts where I was complaining about the tv. I took another members advice who had the same Sony TV as me and altered my gamma settings to his and for some reason I had brightness optimisation enabled in general settings. It was like my TV suddenly lit up and am very happy with the TV now. Thanks to @steveharry66 because without his post my QN94 would be on eBay now.

The fault really is down to Samsung and the viewing experience out of the box should be at least as good as my 2015 LG TV in the bedroom which is a £300 TV. It's still not as smooth on motion flow as my Sony and I can live with that but I have excellent picture quality now and some SD programmes would pass for HD. I never thought I would have had a good word to say about the QN94 but it's all down to the expert Settings, something on my Sony I didn't bother with apart from turning anything that was auto to off.
Thanks for the advice. I'll also be 6' to 8' away so I think the 55 will be fine, any bigger would be too big for the room its going in and also the price rockets up once you hit 65".
Yeah its a shame that it comes out of the box in a bad way but at least it has the ability to change for the better. Thanks for editing your posts, I noticed it whilst going through the thread and it was one of the gamebreakers for me, the fact that you disliked it but a few tweaks made it work for you is a positive for the TV. I'll pop back here after owning the QN90 55" for a while and give my opinion of it

Tristan45

What is the equivalent model from the 94a to this years model range?

jonnypb

Can anyone confirm if the 50” QN94A is 60hz or 120hz? Reading conflicting reports and reviews of this panel. It looked like the 50” panel was inferior to the 55” and above panels, but then just seen another mention that the 50” is 120hz as they’ve got that set in their Xbox display settings. Thanks

Cakes86

Standard Member
Can anyone confirm if the 50” QN94A is 60hz or 120hz? Reading conflicting reports and reviews of this panel. It looked like the 50” panel was inferior to the 55” and above panels, but then just seen another mention that the 50” is 120hz as they’ve got that set in their Xbox display settings. Thanks

Yeah it’s Hdmi 4 that’s for Xbox/PS5. I don’t personally own either but I have the 50” panel that I recommended to my buddy who bought the same so he can play his Xbox 120hz

steveharry66

Standard Member
Yes he's right ive got the 50 qn94a and i use it with the xbox one x and set it up as 1440p at 120hz unfortunately haven't got the new Series x for 4k 120hz but can confirm its got all the same Spec as the larger screens, its definitely worth it for the gaming ! only about 5 milliseconds input lag at 120hz as fast as the best PC monitors and it looks the business in Game Mode

Yorica

Novice Member
Hi everyone, I have a QE65QN94A and within roughly 30 secs of turning on the TV this "music wall" service hijacks my TV. I have no interest in ever using it and so is there any way to de-activate it permanently!? Thanks in advance.
1651602821422.jpg

HullGuy2022

Hi everyone, I have a QE65QN94A and within roughly 30 secs of turning on the TV this "music wall" service hijacks my TV. I have no interest in ever using it and so is there any way to de-activate it permanently!? Thanks in advance. View attachment 1691775
Settings
General settings
Smart features
Turn off auto run smart hub

Not sure if that is the fix but worth a shot.

shinken

Hi everyone, I have a QE65QN94A and within roughly 30 secs of turning on the TV this "music wall" service hijacks my TV. I have no interest in ever using it and so is there any way to de-activate it permanently!? Thanks in advance. View attachment 1691775
Never seen this on my set. Might be part of Ambient Mode on your TV from what I can find

HullGuy2022

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't work.

I'm still stuck with the unwanted and seemingly baked-in "Music Wall".
It's trying to connect to one of your mobile devices when the TV is switched on. Go to:

Settings
General settings
Device Connection Manager
Device List

Check what you have in there as authorised devices. Also check

Settings
General settings
Input Device Manager
Bluetooth Device List

Perhaps turn apple air play off if your have an iPhone or iPad.

Yorica

Novice Member
It's trying to connect to one of your mobile devices when the TV is switched on. Go to:

Settings
General settings
Device Connection Manager
Device List

Check what you have in there as authorised devices. Also check

Settings
General settings
Input Device Manager
Bluetooth Device List

Perhaps turn apple air play off if your have an iPhone or iPad.
It worked! Thanks so much. I had 3 versions of the same phone listed in the DCM, as well as my Fire TV Stick. Once I denied/deleted all of them, the "music wall" didn't re-appear after switching back on the TV. Thanks a million!

kryten22uk

Just bought the 75" version. Got Richer Sounds to price match the Crampton & Moore price, so got it for £2079. Used RS a lot in past (incl their claims process) so felt more comfortable getting them to match rather than just buying via C&M. Looking forward to the arrival.

Yorica

Novice Member
The above settings are my most recent settings which are a little different to what I had before when I was complaining about the tv. I didn't realise I had brightness optimisation set to on. I also had blur and judder set to zero from someone else's recommendation. I changed these to whathifi's recommended settings. I changed gamma and shadow to what has been advised above. Just watching F1 from earlier taped on ITV4 and that looks well with no complaints. Had a flick through other channels and picture does seem better.

The sharpness didn't seem to make any difference to whatever I picked so left it in the middle. Colour is fine for me on 20 and looks more natural like my Sony was. I do have the Samsung panel in mine which may or may not make a difference. My previous QN94 had an AUO panel and I did make a note of my settings before I sent it back. That t was set at 25.

How do my other settings look.

Images look better when not in the foreground. One my complaints was that images which were not directly in front of the camera looked out of focus, for example if the camera focuses on one person, the image was superb on SD and HD channels. However if the camera was viewing on 3 or 4 people then they looked blurry. This seems much improved. The motion flow for slow panning now also seems a lot more smooth. It seemed a little jerky before as though it missed a frame here and there.

Foreground images still look a little super imposed but I guess this is just how Samsung upscale the image.

Overall I would say we have made some good steps in the right direction as I was quite disappointed with this TV having no complaints with my Sony 9005. My Sony was fine on standard settings out of the box with just anything that was auto turned off. Took me 5 minutes to set the Sony up and about a month with the QN94 lol but I think it's about there now.
Hi, do you have a link to the What Hifi settings? Thanks again

vipergrm

Just bought the 75" version. Got Richer Sounds to price match the Crampton & Moore price, so got it for £2079. Used RS a lot in past (incl their claims process) so felt more comfortable getting them to match rather than just buying via C&M. Looking forward to the arrival.
I also just bought the 75 inch version. It'll be replacing a 65 inch LG B7 OLED. Good luck with yours!

HullGuy2022

Hi, do you have a link to the What Hifi settings? Thanks again
Glad you got sorted with the music app.

There wasn't actual settings as such from whathifi, more of what I picked up reading the review here. Samsung QE65QN94A 65-inch Neo QLED TV review

The only issue I have with mine now is judder in some TV shows and some scenes do look a little out of focus but overall I am quite happy with it now but I would like to see this TV side by side with Sony's X90J and decide which is best for viewing SDR content.

Gersfan

I'm looking at the Q94 50 inch for my other room as it's only £799 now but I'm wondering why it's way cheaper than the 55 inch, am I missing something?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Rotel announces 60th Anniversary Diamond Series Hi-Fi duo
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Paramount+ launches in the UK and Ireland
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Hisense launches A9H 4K OLED TV