Samsung QN90a, Sony STR 1060, XBOX issues.

Firebat

Novice Member
Hi everyone. I normally google and find this forum for my answers. This time I am officially a member and am looking for help.

I just got my Samsung QN90a tv set up. I'm using a Sony STR-DN1060 receiver. I have the receiver set up with my cable and Blu-ray player going through it. I have the HDMI going from the arc on the receiver to port 3 Earc on the tv. Sound works fine with the cable and Blu-ray player. I have the XBOX series x plugged into the port 4 it will only play sound with the tv speakers. Not through the receiver. I tried turning on the CEC setting on xbox, allowed passthrough. Nothing works. Only way I can get sound to the receiver from the xbox to the receiver is an optic port from tv to receiver.

The receiver is about 5 years old, so thinking maybe the new tech not cooperating with the old? Or I am totally just missing the correct way to set it up. Thank you in advance and Happy New Year!

Firebat

Novice Member
Ok well, I actually fixed it myself. So wanted to update people is they have the same issue.

I googled the STR-DN1060 manual and saw a note on side. The one thing I didn't adjust. I had to go into the receiver setting. And turn HDMI control to "on". Once I did that the Samsung TV showed HDMI audio. Now I got sound with the XBOX plugged into the TV.

Hopefully helps others.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom