Samsung QN90A Neo QLED (none US) Owners and Discussion Thread

JunoFirst

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

There was no home for the rest of the World / none US version of the QN90A so here it is for those with this model.
The none US version of the QN90A can be identified as having 1x HDMI 2.1 port with no connect box & an ADS panel on 55" 65" 75" but maybe VA on 85". Plus the same stand as the US version of the QN90A (confirmed in UK). The UK 65" model number is QE65QN90AATXXU.

The rest of the World none US version of the QN90A is virtually identical to the US QN85A spec wise, so here are the available reviews for the QN85A:

RTINGS review:
Website review here.

Stop the FOMO review:

B The Installer (QN85A vs QN90A)

It maybe informative to know if the VA panel version of the QN90A is only specific to the US. Also, how many dimming zones the none US version of the QN90A has.

My particular UK version of the QN90A has a few screen faults, so it would be interesting if this is a one off or Samsung TV's have taken a downturn in build quality for 2021. Light bleed / severe blooming in lower left corner + 2 dead neighbouring sub pixels 10" from the edge of the screen (can be seen <2M with a plain light background):
QN90A-Faults.jpg

Last edited:
In which mode you can see that light bleed? Cause when Local dimming is working there shoulb no such issuies
See light bleed with a nearly black scene that has no black bars. The pic is with Netflix paused.

QN94A owner here. It’s been bugging for a while but is there any way to actually remove apps? I don’t use ITV, Now or Rakuten but I have to scroll past them to access YouTube or my Xbox. Even being able to rearrange would be nice but when I go edit, the option isn’t there

Good Day Everyone,

I am having, from what I am reading, a known issue with by Samsung 65inch QN90A TV. I was wondering if someone out-there has a solution or work around. I have already spoken to Samsung support and tried numerous factory resets and manually upgraded the firmware to the latest version, 1901

The TV was installed on Dec 29. It is hooked up via an HDMI cable from the HDMI eArc port #3 to the correct port on my Denon Receiver.

My cable box and Nvidea Shield are also connected to the Denon Receiver.

On initial setup, everything was working fine, all sound, regardless weather it was coming from the Nvidea Shield, cable or one of the embedded Samsung apps, was coming from the speakers, connected to the Denon receiver.

When I go into the Settings > Sound > sound output it was set to external receiver

2-3 days after setup the TV no longer recognized my receiver. Now when I go to Settings > Sound > Sound output it is set to TV speakers and the external receiver option is gone.

Now cable and Nvidea Shield items are still coming from the Denon Receiver Speakers, but all sound from Samsung embedded apps are coming from the TV speakers.

For example, If I use the embedded Netflix App and play something, that item is coming from TV speakers, while what ever content I was playing is still coming from the speakers attached to the Denon Receiver. I have 2 audio streams happening in parallel.

My only option/workaround is to mute the receiver and use the TV speakers for that Netflix Content.

When I spoke to Samsung support, they said it’s a known software issue.

Any thoughts, ideas or support would be great.

QN94A owner here. It’s been bugging for a while but is there any way to actually remove apps? I don’t use ITV, Now or Rakuten but I have to scroll past them to access YouTube or my Xbox. Even being able to rearrange would be nice but when I go edit, the option isn’t there
There's is no way to remove the stock apps but the Home menu can be re-arranged so the most used apps are on the left.

Now cable and Nvidea Shield items are still coming from the Denon Receiver Speakers, but all sound from Samsung embedded apps are coming from the TV speakers.
sound-options.png

When selecting optical on this shortcut my TV audio turns off but if you're using HDMI audio I don't know if this option changes. I presume you're using the audio return HDMI port? Can eARC output audio from the TV app? There's a lot of people moaning on the QN94A thread about eARC issues -maybe they found a fix?
An interesting bug of this TV is having to select TV speaker or Optical audio, as when TV speaker is enabled the audio still outputs to optical but only stereo. To get 5:1 optical audio you have to change the option to optical as in the pic above. Unlike LG TV's that can out 5:1 optical audio at the same time as TV audio.

My QN90A just clicks once at power on/off. I guess this is normal.
Also, since the firmware update to 1904 in Feb22 the screen brightness keeps flashing every second when first turning on. This happens because the previous TV power on state was using an input where black frame insertion was on. This flashing stops when another input/app is used where the default picture setting has black frame insertion turned off.

Hi guys just received this TV but the 50" model which i believe has VA panel. Any issues to look out for the QN90A UK version and any recommendations for test videos to ensure panel is good? Need to be sure i dont have a dud panel so i can return ASAP!

Thanks.

Hi guys just received this TV but the 50" model which i believe has VA panel. Any issues to look out for the QN90A UK version and any recommendations for test videos to ensure panel is good? Need to be sure i dont have a dud panel so i can return ASAP!

Thanks.
How would you know that it is a VA panel?

Look in this thread:

But be aware a lot of the talk is about the American version QN90A which is different to UK version, as stated above.

Look in this thread:

But be aware a lot of the talk is about the American version QN90A which is different to UK version, as stated above.
ok thanks. I just bought the 50" from Samsung site here in the UK. I went back into the online store and for some reason they don't put the panel in the product spec - weird!

ok thanks. I just bought the 50" from Samsung site here in the UK. I went back into the online store and for some reason they don't put the panel in the product spec - weird!
No they dont and that makes it confusing i was reading the American reviews only to find out there model is far superior tv! luckily found this site but willing to try out the UK sub par version and see if its good enough i got it open box for 749 with a mark on the bottom which cant be seen (hopefully as i'm yet to unbox).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom