Samsung QN900 (QE75QN900A) Neo QLED 8K TV Review & Comments

Zarf2007

not sure you realise how the world works but if that works for you so be it:thumbsup:
Look mate, just call us when the shuttle lands.....

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
Going on past experience I'm not going to be in the market for a new TV for about 10 years as last July I bought the 2019 8K flagship TV the QE75Q950R for just £2,999. We have a second home in France & I only wish I could have bought another QE75Q950R but there none left when I was looking last December. In the end the best value TV I could find was a Samsung QE85Q80T for €3,000.

Both TVs are amazing but the QE75Q950R is better. The upscaling is superior but the extra size of the QE85Q80T is impressive too. The QE75Q950R broke down a few months ago & while it was in the workshop I bought a Samsung QE65Q60T for £999. This TV was OK but just didn't have the crisp image of the other TVs. I am really glad that I was able to afford to spend three times the price of that TV for the sets that I have. I thought that £3K was an enormous amount to spend on a TV but the LG 60" plasma that the QE75Q950R replaced cost me £1,700 in 2012. That set was still going strong but I had a windfall & decided to treat myself but there is no way I could have justified spending £7,499 on a TV. The combined price of both my current sets cost me less than that & will easily last me 10 years.

iftycent

Novice Member
Hey guys ... recently got the 85 inch and blown away by it. Sort of a silly question... but does the screen have a plastic sticker that needs to be taken off? For the life of me I can't tell ... the instructions online and in the packaging does not say anything about it. Very nervous to pull on anything that may ruin this expensive piece of equipment. Appreciate any input.

So WHF and T3 have just reviewed this TV and both love it. T3 describe it as the best TV ever! So why the variation in reviews?

I am also confused by the 8 out of 10 black level rating score, are you sure that’s right? Because Mini-LED is suppose to be better for black levels.

fauzyyy

Novice Member
Biggest issue with Samsung premium tv's in general are overpricing and next year you get the same with 40 to 60 % off it's starting price. Which feels like a major kick in the butt for early adopters. :thumbsdow:thumbsdow The refusal of adopting DV and Dolby Atmos is another childish decision of a management that thinks to get away with everything.
good opinion but i think samsung's price is in line with the quality offered, my samsung tv still lasts up to 7 years without repair

Sir QD oled

good opinion but i think samsung's price is in line with the quality offered, my samsung tv still lasts up to 7 years without repair
no it isn't ,if you get the same for half the price a year later it's definitely a robbery for your wallet. A what quality concerns it's in line with the other major brands. Nothing more or less.

fauzyyy

Novice Member
I bought my 75Q900R for £2699. These starting prices are insane. Plus without DV support I wouldn't buy a Samsung TV again. Also with my 1st gen 8K TV I've still yet to see native 8k on it. Youtube 8K does not work on the Q900R and you can guarantee, this TV won't be future proofed for long. Although in fairness, that is true of all TVs. Samsung software support though for its products does seem particularly poor. E-arc another feature that never made it to the Gen 1 Samsung 8k TVs.
maybe for gen 1 there are still many shortcomings that need to be corrected because it is a prefix product

Sir QD oled

maybe for gen 1 there are still many shortcomings that need to be corrected because it is a prefix product
never will be fixed because the robbery on the line of those customers is over . They are already busy on the second line with the famous words : Give me your f**kin money :D

akarma

The best time to buy TV and especially Samsung at the end of the year/beginning of next when new lineup come up on market and old models begin to discount

skywalker1010

I agree with the quality in Samsung. My current main set is a Samsung, it's 15 years old and has never missed a beat. It's a 1080P set, I have never upgraded to 4K, so now I am investing again in Samsung after a very happy 15 years and looking to buy the 85" 8K 900A

Rabo1234

Hi Steve!

Do you have any inputs regarding how the QN900A compares to last yesrs Q950ts? Is it a wortwhile upgrade or will the q950ts last a long time? Would be nice to have a comparison section in the review regarding how it compares :)

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Hi Steve!

Do you have any inputs regarding how the QN900A compares to last yesrs Q950ts? Is it a wortwhile upgrade or will the q950ts last a long time? Would be nice to have a comparison section in the review regarding how it compares :)
Since I wasn't in a position to do a side-by-side comparison, any comments are based purely on memory, but if you already have the Q950TS then I'd say stick with that because aside from a few more zones and a slightly thinner chassis, there isn't a real difference.

Rabo1234

Since I wasn't in a position to do a side-by-side comparison, any comments are based purely on memory, but if you already have the Q950TS then I'd say stick with that because aside from a few more zones and a slightly thinner chassis, there isn't a real difference.
Thanks! When looking at the specs the chassis depth looks the same, 1,5 cm but the number of local dimming zones has improved by almost tripple. But the brightness doesnt look that much better even if the qn900a uses mini led, at least acording to rtinga measurements.
Intresting that actual differenxe between this new flagship and the ”old” one isnt that much really.

Jay53

I suspect it comes down to production costs Vs how much Samsung think the public is willing to pay

The number of dimming zones only tripling could be down to cost. I am sure I read that mini LEDs are 1/40th the size of the last gen. I doubt each one is going to give same light output as I standard led but equally they are not going to stuff the TV with 40times the number of LEDs due to my opening statement.

Realistically they are going to slightly improve on last year's model giving themselves room to release improved TVs that the same public will then come back and buy next time around. If they did it in one swoop (assuming production costs is not exorbitant) then they have a reduced market for next time. Cynical? Yes :)

Actually scrap the 1/40th as I think thats micro led. However same principle of gradual improvement to provide Samsung with people coming back still applies :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung Smart Start offer grants access to premium TV apps