Samsung QLED TV & Samsung Q950A combination together

MarkSapsford

Novice Member
Hi Everyone, I have a Samsung QLED TV & Q950A combination, having purchased a Samsung Q950A Sound bar (system still in box), and a 65 Inch NEO QLED TV.
I now have the issue of finding a suitable stand/media unit
Either one with a pull out shelf that the sound bar can be pulled out for when in use.
Or one that has a minimum depth to cater for the TV Stand/Media Unit (30cm deep) plus the Sound Bar depth 13.8 cm in front of it, so a minimum of 45cm deep, 50cm preferably. Most of what is available is 30cm or 40cm deep, and would pose an issue where the sound bar would be hanging over the front edge
2 metre wide if possible but can go slightly smaller.
Any ideas or alternative solutions would be gratefully accepted.
Cant really wall mount TV due to other reasons, otherwise that's what we would have done and not bothered spending ages looking for a media unit

I thank anyone in advance, and Merry Christmas to all

cuke2u

Really you should have the soundbar as close to the tv as possible, not too much in front and not to low otherwise the sound may not appear to be coming from the tv itself. The majority of us mount the soundbar at the same level of the stand, or, if the tv is mounted on a wall, just under the tv.
I'm not sure if having the bar within a cabinet on shelf under the tv would work. But that's your choice.
I have a Alphason 12150-1 which is just slightly wider than the Q950A soundbar..

MarkSapsford

Novice Member
thanks, I don't want to mount the tv, and want to have that sitting on a stand, and the sound bar just in front, the depth of media units is the issue, as the total depth of tv stand and sound bar is close to 46 cm and most tv media units are only 40cm

cuke2u

As stated mine is fine but I'm not sure if they're still available..

Lovegolf44

Hi Everyone, I have a Samsung QLED TV & Q950A combination, having purchased a Samsung Q950A Sound bar (system still in box), and a 65 Inch NEO QLED TV.
I now have the issue of finding a suitable stand/media unit
Either one with a pull out shelf that the sound bar can be pulled out for when in use.
Or one that has a minimum depth to cater for the TV Stand/Media Unit (30cm deep) plus the Sound Bar depth 13.8 cm in front of it, so a minimum of 45cm deep, 50cm preferably. Most of what is available is 30cm or 40cm deep, and would pose an issue where the sound bar would be hanging over the front edge
2 metre wide if possible but can go slightly smaller.
Any ideas or alternative solutions would be gratefully accepted.
Cant really wall mount TV due to other reasons, otherwise that's what we would have done and not bothered spending ages looking for a media unit

I thank anyone in advance, and Merry Christmas to all
Have you tried Q Symphony? What's your impression with the Q950A?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom