Samsung QLED Q900R 75" Screen Issue -Resolution Needed

Bradleyp

Novice Member
Hi guys,
I need your earnest support and advice.
I had purchased a new Samsung QLED 8K TV in the year 2020. The date of purchase was 12-09-2020 which means the TV is still under the one-year manufacturer warranty. Q900R 75" (Model No: QA75Q900RBKXZN)
I would like to tell you also that I used it pretty less say like thrice a week. Usage on two days - average for 2 hours/day and on each weekend 3-4 hours. I can't believe what has happened to my TV today. I was watching Amazon Prime and noticed an issue on the screen. There appears to be two identical-sized big rectangular boxes visible - one on the top and one on the bottom of the screen. It's much more visible when viewing lighter content. I even tried to do the Samsung Picture test but the same issue prevails on all viewed content.
I contacted Samsung customer care support regarding this issue and reported the issue to them. They have informed me that they would send the technician to decide on a resolution to this complaint.
Could someone advise me what might have caused this issue suddenly today and what's the possible solution to fix this?

Attachments

• 20210626_001557.jpg
    20210626_001557.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210626_001700.jpg
    20210626_001700.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 33

grunfgrunf63

Cannot think it might be a burn in as LCD is good with that but not sure if it can happen when the tv is left on for few days or more on the same static picture and in the eventuality that does not switch off automatically. Do you think there might be a chance?
That should be covered by the warranty but I do not know to what extent, samsung is good for turning things round and in the face of their own rules. In any eventuality I hope you paid by CC and if the worse goes at worse just submit a claim.

Bradleyp

Novice Member
Cannot think it might be a burn in as LCD is good with that but not sure if it can happen when the tv is left on for few days or more on the same static picture and in the eventuality that does not switch off automatically. Do you think there might be a chance?
That should be covered by the warranty but I do not know to what extent, samsung is good for turning things round and in the face of their own rules. In any eventuality I hope you paid by CC and if the worse goes at worse just submit a claim.
Thanks for the reply. I have never left the TV on without viewing it for more than 5 minutes even once, the maximum time it was left on was during standby mode for approx. 8 hours and this was on around three occasions.

I cannot imagine that such a high end TV has now run into such a major dead zones issue that too covering such a large area of the screen.

Jay53

It's the backlight dimming. It's not adjusting the dimming on two of the backlight areas.

Has the TV had a firmware update recently? It may have done it automatically so you might not even have realised

I believe this has happened before (so many different threads on various models so no even sure it was this model) and a full power off and on seemed to fix it.

May need a full reset though so make a note of your settings as it's possible that engineer will do that and if it's fixed the problem will probably leave it with the factory default settings.

Bradleyp

Novice Member
It's the backlight dimming. It's not adjusting the dimming on two of the backlight areas.

Has the TV had a firmware update recently? It may have done it automatically so you might not even have realised

I believe this has happened before (so many different threads on various models so no even sure it was this model) and a full power off and on seemed to fix it.

May need a full reset though so make a note of your settings as it's possible that engineer will do that and if it's fixed the problem will probably leave it with the factory default settings.
Hi Jay,
I've tried resetting the TV to its factory settings from the menu under general tab. It still doesn't work. However, the issue still persists. Is there any other kind of method to do this?
What do you actually mean when you say a full power off? Do you mean regular turn it off that I have already done many times in the last two days.

Bradleyp

Novice Member

Hi Guys,

The authorized dealership service center has diagnosed the problem accurately as it was the LED dimming lights behind the panel that has turned faulty, hence they have replaced the LED panel itself. Now, it's working fine.

Bradleyp

Novice Member
After the installation of the replacement LED panel for my Q900R 75" TV, I observed that when the TV is turned off using the remote (original) the screen physically doesn't go immediately into standby mode in spite of the red notification light visible on the light indicator of the TV. There seems to be a delay of around 20 seconds (checked using a stopwatch) with first a light black screen visible (with 10% lighting seen) and then for it to turn completely into a pitch-black screen.
I observed that this same issue prevails when I turn on the TV from the mains and see the TV screen off in standby mode.
I'm now confused and wanted to find out whether the technician who performed the LED replacement has done any errors while wiring up the circuits inside.
Other Q900R 75" TV users please check your TV and let me know whether the same experience is with your TV or not so I can have some idea.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom