Samsung QE75Q95T Grey Uniformity

DougW87

I have a 75" Samsung Q95T, less than 1 year old which is showing poor grey uniformity including what looks like "laddering" artefacts on most of the left hand side of the screen. It is much worse to the naked eye and difficult to capture fully on camera. It is most visible on panning shots of the sky and football pitches etc.

I have raised a ticket with Samsung and their response is that this is "within the manufacturing tolerance of the TV"

It has got worse over the last month or so.

Any ideas on how to get them to admit fault on this and fix / repair / refund the unit?

TIA

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 92
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 80

Richer Sounds

AVForums Sponsor
Hi there,

I saw your thread and was obviously sorry to read you have been having problems.

To attempt resolve the matter I will contact you privately for more information and to see what can be done.

Many thanks

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

DougW87

Quick update on this.

After help from Tom @ Richer Sounds, Samsung accepted liability for the panel and it was replaced last Friday 4th March. The horizontal laddering was not present and the engineers left.

However, it became immediately apparent watching a football match that weekend, that this new panel was worse than the one they replaced. I now have two vertical lines down the screen which appear slightly brighter than the rest of the image. Very obvious on panning shots of sky, snow and green grass.

The new panel is also covered in dead pixels. There are around 15 - 20 clumps of these, some of the clumps contain up to 9 dead pixels all stuck together. I have tried all known fixes for dead and stuck pixels to no avail. Becoming more and more frustrated and wondering if the quality of this flagship TV is actually far below what most reviews suggest.

Attachments

• 20220310_221659.jpg
    20220310_221659.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220310_221955.jpg
    20220310_221955.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220310_222038.jpg
    20220310_222038.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220310_222046.jpg
    20220310_222046.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 58

DougW87

Hopefully the last update on this thread.

Panel replaced, again, yesterday. Grey uniformity and pixels look good. The screen now performs as I expect it to.

Bit of a farce getting to this point and Samsung completely tried to fob me off until Richer Sounds got involved.

Manx5

Standard Member
Hopefully the last update on this thread.

Panel replaced, again, yesterday. Grey uniformity and pixels look good. The screen now performs as I expect it to.

Bit of a farce getting to this point and Samsung completely tried to fob me off until Richer Sounds got involved.
Congratulations on getting it sorted. This is how bad mine is (QN900A), and like you got the same fob off from Samsung that it was within specification. My problem is that the TV was obtained direct from Samsung so I have no retailer to help me out!

The TV is unwatchable when it comes to sports, and the uniformity is so bad that it does intruded on regular TV/movies viewing. Samsung won't even send an engineer out! Currently trying to get it returned to them, but they are making it very difficult saying it can only be returned if technical confirm it's faulty! This unit is a replacement for a 950TS they exchanged due to faults, so I'm not sure if exchanges impact my rights, but Samsung T&Cs do state a TV can be sent back for any reason within 28 days - but this is something they are refusing in my case.

Attachments

• Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 41

DougW87

Congratulations on getting it sorted. This is how bad mine is (QN900A), and like you got the same fob off from Samsung that it was within specification. My problem is that the TV was obtained direct from Samsung so I have no retailer to help me out!

The TV is unwatchable when it comes to sports, and the uniformity is so bad that it does intruded on regular TV/movies viewing. Samsung won't even send an engineer out! Currently trying to get it returned to them, but they are making it very difficult saying it can only be returned if technical confirm it's faulty! This unit is a replacement for a 950TS they exchanged due to faults, so I'm not sure if exchanges impact my rights, but Samsung T&Cs do state a TV can be sent back for any reason within 28 days - but this is something they are refusing in my case.
If you used a credit card to purchase the TV just lean on the credit card company to sort this out for you.

Similarly, you can try a chargeback through a debit card but have less protection.

Good luck and keep pushing Samsung, their customer support is useless. I won't be using them in future.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom