SAMSUNG QE65QN700ATXXU 65" Smart 8K HDR Neo QLED TV

evans88

Established Member
Reaction score
Any views on the above TV? I'm mainly looking for a TV which has an anti reflective screen, can upscale to at least 4K through a Sky Q box, a 5 or 6 year warranty and a TV from a shop where I can actually see one in operation. If there are better 65" TVs than the one mentioned in the title please let me know.

Many thanks.

You should be looking at better picture quality rather than resolution and you will hardly notice 4k to 8k on a 65 inch tv

The room is very bright facing south with a large window. The TV will be wall mounted and I will sit around 11 ft from it. Budget is no a major issue but wanted a TV with the best picture quality available for a budget of around £2800. I've viewed several TVs in Currys and the Samsung TV mentioned above seemed to have the best picture and better anti reflective qualities than the LG and Sony rivals. Not interested in gaming and the TV will operate through a Sky Q set up.

I look forward to receiving suitable specific recommendations from those experienced TV buyers on here.

Many thanks.

8k TVs are still not good value for money. You pay more for a worse TV. You'll want to look at picking up a 2020 model at a discount like the Q90T or Q95T or waiting for upcoming sales on 2021 stock like the QN9xA or QN95A models. Beware that QN90A is not the same TV and best avoided.

Upscaling of the TV won't be used at all if you're using a Sky Q box capable of 4k. The box itself will upscale instead.

Avoiding buying from places like Curry's if possible, and don't be tempted to make the number one mistake you can make when shopping for a TV; judging it based on what you see in a shop.

Thanks ever so much for the replies so far. It's all been very helpful. What about this TV?

SAMSUNG QE65QN95AATXXU 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR Neo QLED TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant​

Thanks ever so much for the replies so far. It's all been very helpful. What about this TV?

SAMSUNG QE65QN95AATXXU 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR Neo QLED TV with Bixby, Alexa & Google Assistant​

That is one of the TVs I mentioned in my last reply; Samsung QN95A.
Because of timing, its expensive. Expect to pay more money for that TV now compared to sales closer to Christmas, and especially more money compared to 2020 models.

Anyone know if this TV will do 4K120Hz? I know it will only do 60Hz at 8K of course.

I wonder why Samsung's website does such a terrible job of listing specs? Oh well. Appreciate the answer Dodgexander...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom