Samsung QE65Q95T (2020) Costco

c__w

Not sure if this is of any interest to anyone but Costco have Samsung QE65Q95T for £1099. It's the 2020 year flagship model with VA panel and one connect box. If I was on the look out for a 65" LCD I'd be inclined to get that over any of the 2021 4K Samsung offerings.

Linden

Standard Member
Went to Costco last week and bought one after seeing this. Only had it plugged in a couple of days and hoping I've not made a mistake. Maybe I expected too much but the image blurring when something moves is very noticable. My old Samsung plasma might not have had the resolution but it was a very good picture. I will be looking at the setup info in the forum to see how I can improve it but wondering why the TV isn't as good as it could be straight out of the box?

Linden

Standard Member
Went to Costco last week and bought one after seeing this. Only had it plugged in a couple of days and hoping I've not made a mistake. Maybe I expected too much but the image blurring when something moves is very noticable. My old Samsung plasma might not have had the resolution but it was a very good picture. I will be looking at the setup info in the forum to see how I can improve it but wondering why the TV isn't as good as it could be straight out of the box?
UPDATE: As stated above, the quality of the picture out of the box was dissapointing to say the least. Frankly, it was awful, with artifacts on anything that moved and a bright but washed out appearance. I thought buying this tv was an expensive mistake. Checked the Costco returns policy as that was my next option although I thought it probably not practical.

However, I am thankful for this forum where I found the very helpful pictureperfect tutorials. Having followed through I now have what I consider a very good and realistic picture, even for moving scenes. I am left wondering why a manufacturer would produce a great tv but send it out with settings that don't do it justice.

Last edited:

eb8978

Novice Member
@Linden could you give us a link to those tutorials? I'm trying to set up my TV but really struggling to find something that I'm truly happy with – which is a shame for such an expensive TV!

Linden

Standard Member
Just brought this looking forward t

@Linden could you give us a link to those tutorials? I'm trying to set up my TV but really struggling to find something that I'm truly happy with – which is a shame for such an expensive TV!
They are at the top of the forums list. Not too hard to work through and transformed my picture. I was looking at it this evening and I am so pleased with it now. It was bad, now it is brilliant!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom