Samsung QE55Q700T

jdrummer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi some great deals on this tv at the moment but I can't find a single review. Does anyone own one?

Hi some great deals on this tv at the moment but I can't find a single review. Does anyone own one?
funny that i was just looking today and came to exactly the same conclusion.at 2 grand and a galaxy s20 4g thrown in, thats not bad at all and if your also a member of quidco theree is also a further £70 cashback at currys if you spend over £999 on any tv.
that would make this tv under £1130 if the phone is valued at £799 and quidco crazy at that price.

I've gone for this from RS. Had a demo of a 55 inch Q90T (1399) and LG CX (1599). Both superb PQ. Then salesman mentioned the deal on the Q700T!

Should be able to sell the S20 on eBay for say about 500 so reduces the Q700T to 1500. Couldn't resist. Being delivered on Wednesday.

I'm buying it sight unseen but RS said we be as good if not better than the Q90T. Anyway if not happy RS will take it back and I can try again. You have 30 days to take the phone offer.

Last edited:
I believe this may have a 60hz panel, which is a shame, otherwise I would've been interested especially with current promotions & discounts stacked (eg Very 10% back). Still keen to see how it performs though.

I believe this may have a 60hz panel, which is a shame, otherwise I would've been interested especially with current promotions & discounts stacked (eg Very 10% back). Still keen to see how it performs though.
Where did you see that? Richer Sounds has in its specs that its a 100 Hz panel. Other places says it has a 120 Hz refresh rate :confused:

Last edited:
Originally here when not much was known about this model -

Samsung lanza el Q700T, un nuevo modelo 8K más económico - TV & Hi-Fi Pro (Translation required).

'Another of the most significant differences is that it has a 60 Hz panel instead of 120 Hz. This will result in a less fluid and sharp moving image. It should also be mentioned that since it does not support a native frequency of 120 Hz, it does not have HDMI 2.1 connections so it is not possible to play in 4K at 120 Hz on the next generation of PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles.'

Samsung manual also says does not support 120fps -

Both cases are the model from a different country so isn't fact, can't find UK manual to see spec/support..

20200828_225500.jpg

I have no interest in gaming. The content I would be playing would be 23/24/25/50/60. So not sure if a 60Hz panel would be a disadvantage for me.

Last edited:
I've got one coming Wednesday. Will feed back here. Also keep eyes open for any initial reviews. Will keep it if not too compromised by being an entry level 8K set.

I have no interest in gaming. The content I would be playing would be 23/24/25/50/60. So not sure if a 60Hz panel would be a disadvantage for me.

It can introduce judder when watching movies / 24p sources.

There is an unboxing video of this model on YouTube now.

Thanks for the heads up on the unboxing. Left a comment asking about the panel and if he is going to do a review. Hard to tell TV's quality watching a YouTube video!

Samsung Introduces the New Q700T 8K TV !

Samsung 2020 Q700T 55" 8K QLED Unboxing, Setup with 8K Demo Videos. Entry level 8K

Thanks for the heads up on the unboxing. Left a comment asking about the panel and if he is going to do a review. Hard to tell TV's quality watching a YouTube video!

Hopefully hear initial thoughts/reviews soon. It's definitely tempting with the S20 & Samsung Card 5% cashback on currently from purchases at Samsung. I should be able to net cost around £1000-£1100 after selling the phone.

But without the phone offer and at RRP, the Q950R is a better choice for 55" 8K whilst stock is still available (but that doesn't have eArc, ATM, if ever).

If I'm happy with the TV I will sell the phone when I get it as already have an S20+. I should get around 500 so brings it down to 1500.

The UK manual is available on Samsung support now and confirms no 120fps support for Q700T and no VRR.

The UK manual is available on Samsung support now and confirms no 120fps support for Q700T and no VRR.
There appears to be support for 120fps - but no VRR.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Last edited:
Yes missed that. As I'm not a gamer is that limitation an issue for 24 fps movies and 25/50 TV?

I'll have this tomorrow so can see what I think. I can always change my mind and get the Q90T or LG CX.

Lol. It's going back! But should I get the LG CX or the Samsung Q90T?

What were your impressions? It's a shame re panel/2.1 features. Bit odd when the 950R is still around at same RRP.
My impressions have been tainted with the compromised specs. It does perform well but I'm coming from a 4 year old QLED so it would look good. However I don't think the blacks are as good as the Q90T and there seems to be a bit more blooming than I noticed on the Q90T. Then again its difficult without being able to do a side by side.

Yes the 950R is the same RRP but without the S20 offer with much better specs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom