• Watch our Live Stream podcast now. This week we interview Chris Mullins from Sony Professional about the latest native Sony 4K projectors and we discuss the best Hi-Fi products of the year. Join us and ask the team questions

Samsung QE55Q700T

PJLOVER

I have the tv and it is playing xbox at 1440p120 hmmmm! It is shame as everyone was quoting 60hz hate from Stop the FOMO video! Stopping people picking up the deal of the century from Very . 20% cashback....plus a s20 ....plus 50% off soundbar. Plus more discounts. Dam I nearly got paid to take this TV!

quicksand

I have the tv and it is playing xbox at 1440p120 hmmmm! It is shame as everyone was quoting 60hz hate from Stop the FOMO video! Stopping people picking up the deal of the century from Very . 20% cashback....plus a s20 ....plus 50% off soundbar. Plus more discounts. Dam I nearly got paid to take this TV!
That's odd, the manual states it isn't 120fps compatible.

PJLOVER

It is a bit ambiguous.
Tried 3 times to get an answer from Samsung but can not get hold of anyone who even knows what a refresh rate is.

PJLOVER

If someone knows how to display actually display signal let me know. If differnet to input signal as pictured. Thanks

chopples

Distinguished Member
Yeah thats only 1. But also says it has vrr but I don't think it has.
But on screen info and xbox one x show 1440p120.
How is this possible?
correct it does not support VRR

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 08.33.40.png

but it does support 120hz at 1440p

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 08.33.24.png

Possibly the confusion comes from what the manual says regards to 4k 120hz?

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 08.38.58.png

Jay53

Beat me to it as just found all that info (it's in emanual for my q85r that I downloaded in June lol) and was about to post

It's really strange spec as everything points to it being a 60hz panel but accepts an 1440p/120hz input suggesting it's throwing away/interpolating frames to display at 60hz.

If it truly is a 60hz panel then it's going to be using 3:2 pull down for 24/25p modes which some people notice and puts it a disadvantage compared to the cheaper high-end 4k sets :(

PJLOVER

Well it is being sold as either having real game enhancer plus or vrr by most major retailers.
AND the only advert about 8k samsung tvs on YOUTUBE by samsung which is still up says 8k tvs have both.

Jay53

Well it is being sold as either having real game enhancer plus or vrr by most major retailers.
AND the only advert about 8k samsung tvs on YOUTUBE by samsung which is still up says 8k tvs have both.
You can test for vrr as on the xb1x. Under advanced videos modes you can check and uncheck allow variable refresh rate.

With it on my q85r shows 3840x2160 freesync 59hz input signal plus uhd when you select the xb1x as the input source. It also has freesync over the game icon for picture mode under TVs quick settings

With it off it just says 3840x2160 60p input signal plus uhd and the word freesync is not present on the picture mode icon.

PJLOVER

Variable refresh rate is always greyed out 4k60 1440p120 1440p60 and 1080p.
It doesn't have it but major resellers advertise it does, so did all press reports from whathifi ,t3 and trusted reviews. Many others too. You would assume Samsung told them.
Real Game Ehancer Plus has vrr.
As in the 8k samsung youtube video suggests it is what makes their 8k tvs special. Released by Samsung and still on their YouTube channel.
I believe that is false advertising.
And they don't seem to care that most major retailers are pumping out incorrect spec either.

Jay53

Yes, VRR greys out on mine xb1x if I plug it into my other Samsung 4k TV as it doesn't support vrr so that confirms the q700t doesn't support it.

Samsung really should clear this up as you say they are suggesting their 8k line up supports all these features in the adverts etc

jouster

This TV has 8K YouTube, HDMI 2.1 too. That review is wrong.
a mate who isn't worried about top tier specs or performance has just bought this with the free Galaxy Z Flip phone offer...he should be about to sell that for 600-700 making the TV around 1100-1200ish

Will report back on his thoughts

spacerb17

Novice Member
Just signed up here and read through this thread.
In the same boat as a lot of you, I';m after some confirmation around the mhz for this TV as if it only does 60 I'd rather go for the 95T (I think that's the right code), take the 4k with the greater refresh. Obviously made the wrong mistake and asked the person in-store who confidently pointed out the 100-120 it says it supports in some spec page somewhere.

Cheers.

Just ordered one of these from Box to use as a gaming monitor, if anyone wants to know specifics let me know. Might do a video as there's not a lot of info online about it, bar some review which doesn't go into what the picture is like.

Will be connecting it to RTX3090 and hopefully a PS5.

Does anyone know the input lag at 8k and what the recent firmware updated?

Last edited:

Jay53

Just ordered one of these from Box to use as a gaming monitor, if anyone wants to know specifics let me know. Might do a video as there's not a lot of info online about it, bar some review which doesn't go into what the picture is like.

Will be connecting it to RTX3090 and hopefully a PS5.

Does anyone know the input lag at 8k and what the recent firmware updated?
Hi,

It only has one hdmi 2.1 input, no 4k/120 support and no VRR. It doesn't seem like a good match as a gaming monitor for your two hdmi 2.1 sources ☹

IntelliVolume

can not get hold of anyone who even knows what a refresh rate is.
That is the funniest sh*te I have read in a while... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I don't doubt you for a second, mate; these companies are employing people who don't even understand anything about the products they're responsible to offer tech assistance on...

Hi,

It only has one hdmi 2.1 input, no 4k/120 support and no VRR. It doesn't seem like a good match as a gaming monitor for your two hdmi 2.1 sources ☹
If a game is capable of hitting 4k/120 then I'll play it at 8k/60. And I doubt many PS5 games will hit 4k 120, they'll probably all turn out 4k/30-60.
By what I'm reading on the 4k TV's is that VRR is hit and miss anyway, not working at all or jumping through hoops to get it working.

Either way , we shall see tomorrow when it arrives. Hopefully it's an improvement on my current KS7000.

Last edited:
TV arrived, first thing I did was update firmware to latest. Had some connections issues with the PC as it needs to be 4:2:0 10bit in order to do 8k 60 over HDMI.
8k Game mode adds some lag, prob about 50ms.
PC mode 8k is about 20ms which is fine for games but mutes the saturation a bit.

Picture is very good but lacking the ultra dark blacks from my KS7000. HDR is similar to KS7000 (it's same brightness so no surprise)

Trying to figure out how to get 1440p 120hz/VRR

edit: something about this tv which isn't sitting right with me. With my old TV it was like black and things blooming/radiating light , with this one it's more like you're looking at a magazine print of it, it gets there but misses something. Quite odd.

Edit 2: Fixed the weirdness. Set colour profile to Dynamic when you enable HDR. HDR looks amazing.

After a day or so with this TV and I don't understand the bad rep it's getting. The blacks aren't anything amazing, but the picture on this set is the best I've seen.

To anyone in the future who can't get 8k via PC running:-

Enable "Input signal Plus" in General - External Device Manager.
Set your PC input to Game console or PC.
Enable Game Mode - and turn off all the crap which comes with it.
Set HDMI PC GPU output to 4:2:0 10 bit.
You should now have 8k showing up in your GPU settings.

Some odd stuff is - Switching to TV Amazon movies , sometimes causes the screen to throw a wobbler as the Amazon Movies takes the TV settings out of Input Signal Plus so 8k doesn't work, but your PC is still outputting that signal so the screen switches on and off between them until you turn it back on again, which you can't due to the TV switching between them. Confused the hell out of me for a while, if you get caught in one of these loops turn the PC off and turn the Input Signal Plus back on first otherwise you're stuck.

Last edited:

ahoyahoy

Novice Member
Hello,

please, how warm is this tv from the front side? Higher model 900 made heat like a direct heater.
I'd like to use this TV like pc monitor for programming work. So I sit just 0.5 m in front of the TV.
Can you feel the heat from the screen? How much? How far?
What does the text look like in small letters?
Thank you! :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews

Latest News

Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett