Samsung QE55Q6FN VS KS7000

Kartoffelkopf

Have just ordered a 55Q6FN for £800. It was an impulse buy after seeing one on eBay from Hughes (as new but with tatty box), which seemed like a bargain.

It will be used strictly for PS4 Pro and 1X, mainly HDR, gaming, always viewed head-on in a darkened room. I've used bias lighting on all TVs for years now so that has always helped with any minor LCD clouding.

Question is though, I have a 2 year old KS7000 (which I love) in the living room so may swap that with Q6 and put the KS700 in the gaming room.

I basically want the best gaming experience out of the two.

Does the KS7000 still hold its own or does the Q6 stand up in HDR brightness and contrast?

Thoughts?

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
Q6fn is better for gaming, almost everywhere else the KS is better. Q6 has variable refresh rates which the Xbox supports and it allows motion interpolation in game mode without adding lag.

Kartoffelkopf

Thanks for the reply .

Interesting that the KS7000 is still holding its own. What is it that makes it better for general viewing? The Q6 looks better on paper but I guess outside of the gaming 'tech' they are are comparable side by sode image quality wise?

It's the pure hdr peak brightness that has always impressed on the KS7000.

Selfscience

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply .

Interesting that the KS7000 is still holding its own. What is it that makes it better for general viewing? The Q6 looks better on paper but I guess outside of the gaming 'tech' they are are comparable side by sode image quality wise?

It's the pure hdr peak brightness that has always impressed on the KS7000.
I have KS7000 , software versio 1241, looks amazing, brightness is far more brighter than Q6, has wider color gamut, doesnt crush blacks in the shadows. So i was thinking to upgrade to Q70R, but when i checked new samsung in store , i decided to stick with my KS7000, i play games on pc , using Nvidia Fast sync and Ultra Low Latency , dont get any tearing , games run smooth, Do the comparison side by side , KS7000 will be better in therms of brightness and color saturation, i dont know your KS7000 settings , but if you want i can share mines.

mstar

I have both, the KS is better for TV viewing and generally when correctly set up is vastly superior with SDR signal and HD,UHD. However the Q9FN is generally better overall but if you just watch sky tv and netflix the KS7000 is fantastic tv and picture quality. Its quality is better than tvs in 2019!

I have had samsung tvs since 2008 and the KS series is the best and last best tv they made. I wouldn't bother with the Q6,7,8,9 if you after general viewing.

Selfscience

Novice Member
I have both, the KS is better for TV viewing and generally when correctly set up is vastly superior with SDR signal and HD,UHD. However the Q9FN is generally better overall but if you just watch sky tv and netflix the KS7000 is fantastic tv and picture quality. Its quality is better than tvs in 2019!

I have had samsung tvs since 2008 and the KS series is the best and last best tv they made. I wouldn't bother with the Q6,7,8,9 if you after general viewing.
Q9FN ir a flagship :) so it has to be better ,but KS7000 still has some punch :) i happy with my pick in 2017 :)

mstar

I have KS7000 , software versio 1241, looks amazing, brightness is far more brighter than Q6, has wider color gamut, doesnt crush blacks in the shadows. So i was thinking to upgrade to Q70R, but when i checked new samsung in store , i decided to stick with my KS7000, i play games on pc , using Nvidia Fast sync and Ultra Low Latency , dont get any tearing , games run smooth, Do the comparison side by side , KS7000 will be better in therms of brightness and color saturation, i dont know your KS7000 settings , but if you want i can share mines.

Totally agree, I also have the KS7000 and Q9FN and with the fw upgrades it punches well above its weight and its thinner and sexy chrome finish. Imho it's the best TVs they made the KS series. Everything after that been so so.

Selfscience

Novice Member
Totally agree, I also have the KS7000 and Q9FN and with the fw upgrades it punches well above its weight and its thinner and sexy chrome finish. Imho it's the best TVs they made the KS series. Everything after that been so so.
im starting to believe that too, that KS was one of the best samsung models , after that , new models started to suffer from black crush, strange brightness cut off, color cut offs...Yes that premium feel of this model is hanging in the air, i got mine mounted on the wall , it is only 7cm away from wall, has one conect box, and after last firmware update , i was amazed how they bumped up the brightness , contrast looks good to , you dont get black crush, colors are saturated very well too , i even keep them on 50 cause , if i have them lift them up , faces start looking like oranges :D So i decided to stick with my KS telly . Yes it has some light bleed, but i use bias light , i dont like to watch movies in total dark , even it is edge led, it has rather good dimming.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom