Samsung QE43Q60 PICTURE COLOUR FAULT

Deneva

Novice Member
Reaction score
We have had our Samsung QE43Q60 tv for just over 6 months now, and its been pretty good up to now. Recently the screen quality changes , its difficult to explain but the colours are all wrong, its like sort of looking at a old photo negative, only way to correct it is either a reboot of the Tv or disconnect from the mains. I have attached a few photos of the issue..Any ideas what the issue is?? Oh and it happens on Terrestrial Tv, Iplayer and AmazonPrime

Attachments

• IMG_20200810_084854 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200810_084854 (1).jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20200807_210730.jpg
    IMG_20200807_210730.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20200712_202014.jpg
    IMG_20200712_202014.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20200810_084856 (1).jpg
    IMG_20200810_084856 (1).jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 141
I was just about to make my own thread - as i'm having a similar problem with my QE55Q70R.

@Deneva, did you resolve the issue?

I've cleared all APPs CACHE/DATA (As i thought this was the issue) - but had the same problem again and like you in Terrestrial TV too.

Unplugging is my only fix too, or leaving off for a few minutes. I'm considering a factory reset - but would like to know if you found a solution.

I did that, plus tried several complete resets and re-installations with no luck, although it has been ok for almost 4 days now, but if it not this issue it’s others, latest is just sound and no picture, with message this is and audio channel with no video. As usual either unplugging it from mains or reboot sorts it. It also occasionally did the picture thing while watching programmes recorded on Humax PVR. Had TV Aerial engineer check aerial system out, Fitted a new Wideband Aerial, and cable, did notice an improvement on some channels, although he was adamant it wasn’t causing the issue. When it does work the picture is quite good, but it has so many settings and gizmos on it I’m sure this doesn’t help at all. I phoned Samsung, that was a complete waste of time, they are not easy to talk to, it’s like talking to a robot, I have more or less given up on it now, and for time being just accept it and reboot or unplug from the mains if it plays up. Richersounds who I bought it from have a 6 year warranty on it but they just pass me on to Samsung.
I’ve more or less written it off as a £500 big mistake, and will more than likely get rid of it and go back to either Sony or Panasonic. For certain I won’t touch any Samsung TV again
So best of luck trying to sort it out.You will need it.

Appreciate the reply - but doesn't sound promising.

To date, I only have the picture issue - it literally only appeared 4 days ago but your progression of increasing problems is disconcerting.

I bought from John Lewis - if it gets worse/can't resolve i may try and force the issue with them for a swap out as it's only 6 months old - but realise this may prove difficult. The only thing on my side is that i raised a local dimming issue within 28 days of purchase but they had zero stock availble to swap it. Then Covid hit -and my job went insane, so had to live with it. So, i may have a bit of slack/leeway with the return - maybe.

And agreed, Samsung supports sucks - the person i spoke to was clearly reading from a script and got muddled with more in depth questions. Gave up...

Sounds like you had someone at Samsung with the same script. We normally buy nearly all our electrical stuff from JohnLewis, but they were low on stock last Xmas, so we used Richersounds, to be fair they were very good, as we bought a Philips from them, but it kept dropping the internet connection, which was fine with everything else. They swapped it after we had it a week. But there not so helpful with this, ok the pandemic hasn’t helped, and the first year of the 6 year warranty is with Samsung absolutely kills it, and I’ve lost my patience now, and have no confidence in Samsung at all. Will be switching back to good old John Lewis.

Couple of things I noticed recently is that this problem does tend to happen when switching back to terrestrial tv from using Apps, only apps we use are iPlayer & You Tube. It did start playing up a little the other evening with the picture issue, and a new one just a black screen with sound only, reboot sorted it out. We have given up with it now, and as soon as things get better with the pandemic the TV is going.

I find that my problem occurs after watching Disney 4k/HDR10 films (kids have started watching Marvel/Starwars) - or perhaps after watching the Disney channel exclusively - i'm not sure.

What i've also noticed is that the Disney App fills up Cache/Data almost 30x more than other apps - whether this is a problem or the App needs fine tuning i'm not sure. But, I didn't have the problem before they started watching the films - but this could be coincidence (Not watched them since the weekend and no problems - so far.)

Out of curiosity do you/kids use Disney, too? (Or any other heavy 4K HDR/10 APP content?) Curious if there's a correlation between the Disney app or heavy use of 4K/HDR10 streaming that causes the issue...

It only seems to happen after using the apps, and its more with Amazon Prime, and sometimes iPlayer. Not noticed it with YouTube, and rarely use any of the ITV apps. No we don't have Disney. Lately switching back from using the apps we get just a black screen on terrestrial, but with the sound, or sometimes a screen saying its an audio channel, with no video. I am completely baffled by it ,Samsung are no help at all. we have a Samsung Tv in the kitchen, its no apps or internet at all, and its perfect, so its not an aerial issue. TV is fairly new (6 months ), to say we are disappointed is putting it mildly. We had a Panasonic before this , never an issue in the 6 years we owned it. Its so annoying.

Yep, i can relate. We have 3 other Samsungs with limited SMART features that we don't use. We have firesticks/ROKU attached to all of them and we have had zero problems.

I feel mine, at the moment, is a software issue and so far a minor irritation. But, i've been around long enough to know that this may be the thin end of the wedge and it could develop into something more annoying even terminal. I use NETFLIX mostly - and that doesn't seem to cause any issues, rarely use prime but my wife does use UKTV (Taskmaster fan). Kid are back at school so no Disney but decent amount of YouTube - and so far no issues.

The only encouraging thing from your thread is that there aren't other posts from other members with a similar issue. This could mean we have a slight firmware issue - perhaps the next update could fix. As it seems odd that a hard power off fixes the issue for both of us every time.

I'll keep you updated; if i find a fix or even if it deteriorates even more - but at the moment no issues, but I don't expect this to last.

Appreciate your feedback - hopefully we'll find a common cause and then solution (perhaps future firmware update).

Thanks I would appreciate any updates. I’ve run out of things to try in settings, I’m sure it is something to do writhing the internet/ apps. It’s hit and miss, It behaved perfectly for almost a week, at the moment it’s back to its worst, we can watch a programme on IPlayer, then switch back to TV, can here the sound but no picture,plus the picture issue pops up randomly, even showing sometimes changing channels on terrestrial TV.

Thanks I would appreciate any updates. I’ve run out of things to try in settings, I’m sure it is something to do writhing the internet/ apps. It’s hit and miss, It behaved perfectly for almost a week, at the moment it’s back to its worst, we can watch a programme on IPlayer, then switch back to TV, can here the sound but no picture,plus the picture issue pops up randomly, even showing sometimes changing channels on terrestrial
Apparently this is a common issue with Samsung, it’s Colour Inversion,
Well I’ve spent hours today trying every flaming setting going. I did a factory reset, but for some reason the stupid tv kept coming up with no aerial signal, nothing wrong with the aerial, I even connected up a old tv to it and that worked fine...Grrr Apparently it’s something to do with the Humax PVR, I just don’t get it, I didn’t even have the Humax connected, aerial went straight to TV. I managed to get a back up installed from my Samsung account.
I tried it with loads of settings, colour inversion on/off, every contrast setting, motion sensor, clean view, contrast enhancer, digital clean view and more. But it’s still there, changing channel, switching back from Apps, makes it happen, even at times changing channels.
The other night we tried Apple Airplay on it streaming Amazon Prime, iPlayer to TV from iPad, that made no difference, picture fault still there. I’m afraid I’ve run out of ideas and patience now. This has been a total catastrophic purchase, and I have more or less decided to dump the TV now and switch back to Panasonic. Probably from John Lewis, always bought from them before for the 5 year warranty, would have this time but they were out of stock, bitterly regret buying the Samsung from Richersounds...£500 wasted.

>tried everything<
I'm sorry to read that - your issue appears to be a lot worse than mine or mine has yet to deteriorate to your degree.

Ever since i cleared the APPS cache, did a factory reset and unplugged/plugged in all peripheral and cables it hasn't, yet, occurred again. I'm not convinced it's cured but it's been a good couple of weeks without incident (I probably just put the kiss of death onto it.).

I suspect you've tried this, but have you tried the factory reset/TV with absolutely nothing plugged in?

With what you describe, i would wait out your 12 months (if you don't wish to use Samsung) and then use the Richersounds guarantee - if you have a TV to spare. Then sell it and move onto a different TV if you still don't feel confident in the hardware.

Best of luck -and i'll post back if my problems reoccur and if i'm still able to fix etc...

I have tried numerous Factory Resets, with and without the Humax box connected, did one last Saturday, and for some reason it kept coming up with a no tv channels check your aerial,The Aerial system is only about 6 weeks old, tv in kitchen on same aerial, was ok, I connected a old tv to aerial and it installed all the channels. In the end I used a backup from Samsung Account. Puzzling thing is when I reconnected the Humax, I could download all the tv stations to the tv via the aerial....VERY ODD. None of this sorted the issue. Since then I’ve had a response from head of Richersounds customer service, so maybe something will come from this, sent him some pics I took of screen issues. He’s been in touch with Samsung and I’m waiting for a call to sort out a service engineer to come out. I now video and log the fault to show them when they come. I feel a bit better now that I have a direct contact with Richersounds. If this fails and problem is still there i will be asking for an exchange as it has a 6 year warranty, plus we are willing to pay more for a better TV....ONE THING FOR SURE IT WONT BE A SAMSUNG

Further developments today, Samsung actually got back to me by email. TV problem has been allocated to there TV repair engineers who will be in touch. Even better the engineer has just phoned. There going to fit a new screen, seems to me they have had this issue before. On the downside, with Covid they only collect and return to the door, repairs take a week to 10 days at present, no loan TV. So it looks like I will have to take the kitchen tv down from the wall,fit the base to it and put it in the lounge, it’s only about a 30” screen 🙁🙁. Not a smart TV, it’s not used a great deal so didn’t bother getting a smart one. I may stick a Chromecast on it, it may come in handy. Should this repair not work Richersounds will be having the TV back for exchange.

Grrrrr..TV collected , very helpful chap,doubted it was the screen, more than likely the main boatd. Message today yes it is the main board,new one from Samsung fitted only to be faulty...GRRR. Besides this I've had conflicting messages from Samsung...in order 1. TV Repaired and delivered back. 2..TV collected and in process of being repaired. Phoning them a waste of time, passed from robot to robot. I'm lucky I have Richersounds on board with this, there customer service have been very helpful, and have helped as much as they can. WHEN !!! we finally get it back I think we will either put it in another room and buy a new TV or sell it. Lost all faith in it and Samsung.

At last TV fixed, new replacement main board fitted. Getting it back in a couple of days. We have though in the meantime decided to sell it . Yes I know its ok now, and picture quality and all the Apps, Apple Airplay, etc are excellent, but I have lost faith in it. Going to up our budget and buy something better with slightly larger screen, i doubt it will be Samsung, don’t honestly think I could cope with there customer service again. Richersounds have come good though in pushing this repair through, and they will probably get my custom again. Biggest worry is buying without viewing, not keen on risking going to stores to view, as we are still in a sort of self isolation. Thanks to all on here for advice etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom