Samsung Q9FN QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

I want vrr to work. With NVIDIA cards through hdmi I know it’s working with amd

I want vrr to work. With NVIDIA cards through hdmi I know it’s working with amd

unlikely to ever happen mate, vrr for hdmi 2.0 is proprietary and only AMD provided a solution. This is not the same as Vesa’s adaptive sync which is open source and works with display port and hdmi 2.1.

My one connect box has been overheating since last week. I have to power it off for ten minutes to get it to pick up any hdmi signals which is really annoying.

I know it's the box as Netflix, Disney etc all work once all the hdmi ports go down.

Anyone else had this? Hopefully Richer Sounds sort this out as it is under warranty but if not can I just buy a new box?

My one connect box has been overheating since last week. I have to power it off for ten minutes to get it to pick up any hdmi signals which is really annoying.

I know it's the box as Netflix, Disney etc all work once all the hdmi ports go down.

Anyone else had this? Hopefully Richer Sounds sort this out as it is under warranty but if not can I just buy a new box?

I can't see overheating being the issue. Room I keep my Q9FN in is I think the hottest room in the house and is 24.8c right now, I have had it over 28c with this TV on in various modes and never had the OCB box overheat.

I also have not seen anyone complaining about Q9FNs overheating so I think you may have a fault,
contact was it richersounds and tell them you have a fault.

Edit: I am not 100% sure by far but I think they get a Samsung qualified engineer out or get you in touch with Samsung and yes I think they can swap the OCB and not entire TV (OCB is the box).

I can't see overheating being the issue. Room I keep my Q9FN in is I think the hottest room in the house and is 24.8c right now, I have had it over 28c with this TV on in various modes and never had the OCB box overheat.

I also have not seen anyone complaining about Q9FNs overheating so I think you may have a fault,
contact was it richersounds and tell them you have a fault.

Edit: I am not 100% sure by far but I think they get a Samsung qualified engineer out or get you in touch with Samsung and yes I think they can swap the OCB and not entire TV (OCB is the box).

It's definitely heat that is causing it although I'm sure that's because it is faulty.

I know it's the heat as sitting it on a laptop cooler makes it last longer, well it did until today anyway.

The problem only affects the hdmi ports working though and Richer Sounds are going to take a look.

Hi

I have been having a issue with the TV locking up and restarting they have been out today and replaced the Wifi board replaced after Samsung had a look in the service menu for me seems to have fixed all my issues it would randomly do different things some times would say no signal from sky on hdmi sounds like same issue as your having

Repair guy said it's really common for the boards to go down and cause all sorts of issue

Samsung did this out of warranty for free for me with out me even asking them to great service I have to say to

It's definitely heat that is causing it although I'm sure that's because it is faulty.

I know it's the heat as sitting it on a laptop cooler makes it last longer, well it did until today anyway.

The problem only affects the hdmi ports working though and Richer Sounds are going to take a look.

There is a small chance the Wifi chipsets on these TV's can overheat. Try using ethernet it should turn it off, if it stops overheating with ethernet lan cable then it is the wifi chipset. It is just something i heard about Samsung TV's Wifi chipsets, worth a try if you can use ethernet.

Mine was using the lan not the WiFi they said the WiFi still causes the issue

Thanks for the help above guys. Richer Sounds are dealing with it and I think I am getting a replacement one connect box.

I've always used LAN as well but it's interesting that the WIFI board can still over heat and cause problems.

That’s great but what does it do ?

Samsung never really say, neither do Panasonic with their updates tho so Samsung is not alone there.
I installed it, I think it may have altered the motion slightly but I can't be sure.

Edit: It has added a new section to the main settings menu about data protection, you can view and from the looks change data collection settings. I am sure I never seen that menu there before so update seems to have given you more choice or on data collection or at least made it easier to turn stuff on and off.

Last edited:
Hi quick question does any body no if this TV has a 1000m Lan connection or only 100mb just seems to only connect to my router at 100mb sky q connects at 1000mb

Last edited:
Just been having another look this morning and on WiFi I get 200mb download speed from Netflix and on LAN only get 92mb

Seems odd the TV LAN card is only 100mb one

Just been having another look this morning and on WiFi I get 200mb download speed from Netflix and on LAN only get 92mb

Seems odd the TV LAN card is only 100mb one

It is only 100meg for lan. I noticed a lot of TV's are I do not think the companys think you need more than 100meg for streaming, even 4K content.

Don't no what's going on with this site it just does not give me notification of a reply anymore

Thanks for the reply back yes guessed that my self just was very surprised

Connected via the 5G WiFi now as my router is next to the TV get my full 200mb connection now mite as well use it if I have got it now

Hi

Did richer sounds get a new one connect box for you tv ?

Did it fix it ?

Mine seems to have been ok since they replaced the main board and WiFi board

They have changed the board of the One Connect box but that didn't work and now I'm waiting on a new invisible cable to see if that helps.

This hole thing has turned into a nightmare for me actually. I needed to move the TV upstairs because I have been without one in the lounge for so long and when cleaning the finger prints off of it I somehow took what looks like the anti glare layer off of the screen as I now have a permanent smudge on it.

I only used a microfibre cloth too and was gentle but it looks like I used sand paper on it with the damage that's there. Absolutely gutted!

I'll let you know if the cable works.

Hi all
Has anyone else had their silver smart remote die? Changed batteries, tried to reset and re-pair as trouble shoot suggests but the red led isn't even lighting up any more. Any ideas? Ta

Hi all
Has anyone else had their silver smart remote die? Changed batteries, tried to reset and re-pair as trouble shoot suggests but the red led isn't even lighting up any more. Any ideas? Ta

ive had a remote die on me before. Not this silver one but different. Try taking out the batteries and cycle pressing and holding each button for 30 seconds then random pressing all of them. This will completely drain any power held on the remote circuit board. Took me around 5 tries. Then insert batteries see if this helps.

Viscious82
Registered

Joined Nov 13, 2017
377 Posts
#11,242 2 d ago
Hey guys. I created a change.org petition to HDFury for them to consider creatibg an audio extractor for use with hdmi 2.0 tvs and audio devices that can support VRR and dolby atmos/DTS:X. They've claimed that they can do it but need to see interest. See the link below. I don't see a need to have to buy all new equipment that supports Hdmi 2.1 to have access to both of these technologies at once. Thanks for your support.

not my post but will help us all. Please share and sign petition

My new invisible cable seems to have done the trick.

Only issue I have now is game mode is messed up if I leave it on Auto for some reason but it's not a massive deal to manually turn it on/off so I can live with it.

My new invisible cable seems to have done the trick.

Only issue I have now is game mode is messed up if I leave it on Auto for some reason but it's not a massive deal to manually turn it on/off so I can live with it.

I get the same game moode issue with the Nintendo Switch, it works fine with the PS4 PRO tho. It has done this since I got the Q9FN ages ago like you i learned to live with it and do it manually.

I just had to replace my invisible cable. All the HDMI ports quit working. Found that my daughter's cat had chewed on it a little bit. Bought some wire protection tubing so the cat can't tear it up again.

Was a little surprised with the cost of the cable. Hell some cheap 4k tv cost less

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom