Samsung Q9FN QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Thanks for replying. The reason I was asking is because I prefer the look of movie mode settings and don’t mind lag. But want to upgrade to amd to use vrr outside of game mode for gaming with pc.

Is it just me or is game mode not very bright and dim for other people to? Running 1290 software

The service company have come out today and confirmed it's a faulty TV so are ordering me a new one subject to the TVs insurance company saying yes. Unless the cost is more than a repair then they will look to offer me an alternative TV or cash settlement.

I seem to be having the same issue with mine. For me, when I get the menu up, the whole picture gets brighter (and more what I would expect it to be). I have backlight at 50 and contrast at 50 and all the other settings similar to yours. When it goes away, it goes REALLY dark again.

See here a link to a video I took

Is this similar to what you experienced? I've had the TV for over a yr (October 2018). Do you know the warranty rules etc?

Thanks

Hello everyone, don't no if anyone has been having this issue but seem to be getting some horizontal lines right across the screen on mine about an inch apart more noticeable in dark areas or if you pause something, but not always there

Poor picture from my phone but you can see what I mean

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_085416.jpg
    IMG_20200209_085416.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Rather than go back through the thread has anyone had a strange discoloration of the screen coating looks like its either de-laminated or moisture has got under it...will get a pic and add later it doesn't seem to affect the picture but looks very unsightly when off.

I seem to be having the same issue with mine. For me, when I get the menu up, the whole picture gets brighter (and more what I would expect it to be). I have backlight at 50 and contrast at 50 and all the other settings similar to yours. When it goes away, it goes REALLY dark again.

See here a link to a video I took

Is this similar to what you experienced? I've had the TV for over a yr (October 2018). Do you know the warranty rules etc?

Thanks

Have you updated to the latest f/w and done a soft reset? I had this issue for ages and only got it sorted once I came here and read about performing a soft reset

Would anyone be willing to help me on a phone call check my settings in the service menu are correct?

I'd really appreciate it as it would help me rule out the settings being an issue with my Q9FN before I spend hundreds of pounds on a replacement part.

It would probably only take 5 to 10 minutes.

Thanks.

Pics of the screen is this delamination and has anyone suffered this and what did you do about it?
66bXuaw.jpg

vRMCZcb.jpg

Got brave with it and decided to give it a gentle but firm rub with a microfiber cloth and its now gone/re bonded itself just hoping that it doesn't decide to come back worse but it saved me messing about with engineers check for the time being its been a great set with no problems until this and its by far the best Samsung i have owned so far.

Got brave with it and decided to give it a gentle but firm rub with a microfiber cloth and its now gone/re bonded itself just hoping that it doesn't decide to come back worse but it saved me messing about with engineers check for the time being its been a great set with no problems until this and its by far the best Samsung i have owned so far.

Has someone been touching the screen or spilled something over it?

I'm feeling a little ignored here. Would no one be willing to help me check the settings of my TV in the service menu either over the phone or by sending me pictures?

Hi,

It's season 1, epidsode 1 about 5 minutes in. I've had the guy round who calibrated my TV this morning who confirmed it's definately faulty. He thinks whatever controls the local dimming has gone bust. So I'm just waiting for a call back from Martin Dawes who are the appointed repair centre by my TV's insurance policy/warranty.

I had a look and the scenes are nowhere near that dark in both SDR & HDR - picture is perfectly fine so does look like your tv is bust.

I'm feeling a little ignored here. Would no one be willing to help me check the settings of my TV in the service menu either over the phone or by sending me pictures?

Trouble is not everyone will have gone into or want to go into the service menu....
and to me calibration is snake oil.;)

Last edited:
Trouble no everyone will have gone into or want to go into the service menu....and to me calibration is snake oil.;)
I have no idea what you mean by that statement, it makes no sense at all to me lol Regardless I spent 2 hours on the phone to a lovely guy in texas last night who went through every setting with me and it's resolved the issue now. TV works perfectly again.

I have no idea what you mean by that statement, it makes no sense at all to me lol Regardless I spent 2 hours on the phone to a lovely guy in texas last night who went through every setting with me and it's resolved the issue now. TV works perfectly again.

Glad your sorted ...its just that most will just set up the TV in the settings to their own liking and never venture into the service menu (presuming that your meaning the menu that an engineer would access to check for faults and reset should a part be replaced) which is why you got little response to your original question.:)

And personally i see no need for calibration hence the snake oil comment.

Last edited:
Accessing the Service Menu can invalidate your warranty. Its meant for Service Engineers only so I am not surprised you didn't get much response...

Accessing the Service Menu can invalidate your warranty. Its meant for Service Engineers only so I am not surprised you didn't get much response...
Also, it resets (for those that haven't set up CAL_DAY and CAL_NIGHT) any settings, including white balance that you've set on your TV, I did that a few months back, and - spent the next two hours setting everything up again lol.

Also, it resets (for those that haven't set up CAL_DAY and CAL_NIGHT) any settings, including white balance that you've set on your TV, I did that a few months back, and - spent the next two hours setting everything up again lol.
Not on my QLED, it doesn't reset ANYTHING in the service menu. If it did I wouldn't have had the problem putting the settings back. All calibration settings were retained even though I performed several resets from the service menu.

Hello everyone. First post here. I have a 1 year and 4 months or something Q9FN 65'' and since I installed it, it wobbles quite a bit. No issues have occurred until now, but I do wonder if there is something I did wrong when mounting the stand. Its a central stand, I think the stand that is used in Europe. But I remember that it said it was a 55'' stand but I didn't want to return it because I was already waiting a month for it after several issues with a vendor. Is it normal for the 65'' tv to wobble? I screwed the stand as well as I could, or at least I thought so.

I’ve found with the 65q9fn if you get a poor panel you will wonder why the reviewers are raving about it. Get a good panel and you will understand! Shouldn’t be like this tho!

I, I was just wondering if anyone could share their experience with Judder on the Q9FN

The TV is shipped with Auto Motion plus set to auto, which I found to be really juddery and horrible to watch.

I read a calibration guide, of settings recommended and used and set

Auto Motion plus
Blur Reduction - 0
De-judder - 0

And the picture was simply unwatchable.

I have gone to the other end of the scale

Auto Motion plus
Blur Reduction - 10
De-judder - 10

Which is the best I have had it, but it still is not right. Fast pans, or something moving quick on screen has an initial judder, or image distortion behind it. This is from SkyHD, AppleTV and Netflix, so is consistent across inputs.

I feel something is not quite right, and wondering if it could be a fault, as I am unaware of any other settings which might address this. I know I read before motion handling that it wasn't the best by far before buying, but this seems extreme.

Any feedback / advice appreciated :)

Im using blur reduction at 10 and judder reduction at 4 i find it being close to perfect some scenes will get ghosting when its fast but not as much

Not on my QLED, it doesn't reset ANYTHING in the service menu. If it did I wouldn't have had the problem putting the settings back. All calibration settings were retained even though I performed several resets from the service menu.
I haven't had a calibration per-se, however - you know how when you go into the service menu the screen seems to go into the fake HDR mode? - it resets the white balance adjustments that you make within the regular menus - that is the same on both the Q9FN and the old HU8500 that I had.

By the by glad you got it sorted :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom