Samsung Q9FN QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

dr no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So here we go people
Much is expected of this TV. We can blame Goldorak for that!
Hopefully this can be the start of Samsung striking back and we all win
01_QN75Q9FNAFXZA.jpg
02_QN75Q9FNAFXZA.jpg
03_QN75Q9FNAFXZA.jpg
QN65Q9FNAFXZA_004_Back_Midnight-Black.jpg

FA6C31E4-AD7C-46F9-8BD1-3B0CBA3DF434.png
Yep. ALL MY FAULT INDEED !!!!

And yes, after hyping us all up over the Q9, if it doesn't live up to expectations expect an angry mob outside your front door with pitchforks....:laugh::rotfl:
I will have to change my name and country. More positive feedback coming from avs owners...
I hope the reviews will confirm what I have seen twice already

Please be a darling and post pictures. For some reason not many have posted pictures and the ones that have there always in pure darkness and terrible pictures of what could be any tv lol where you can't see the actual tv itself lol. Id love to see some actual pictures of the tv itself in all its glory.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I have a js9000 and this one connect box is massive in comparison

Not sure if anybody is interested in this but I’ll post anyway..?
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
9647057B-AFFD-4810-956E-85E0D8AF582D.jpeg
My lights are on full.. it’s so bright to begin with it’s made the room look like the lights are dimmed.. more to come tomorrow after I’ve had a little play..

That black tv on a white stand is a beauty...I can tell you are Nordic :)
Congrats !!!!
I’m from the uk surrey.. I’ve lived in Norway for 15 yrs now.. that’s the coffee table.. I’m moving in 2 months so I won’t install it. I just want to test it over a weekend so I know it’s a keeper or not.. then it’ll get boxed up ready for my man room! My other tv is on the wall behind it.. it’s a js9000 that has been great for 2-3 years, until 2 weeks ago when it all of a sudden had serious light bleed in the sides.. it’ll go back to the shop when I move..

I’m from the uk surrey.. I’ve lived in Norway for 15 yrs now.. that’s the coffee table.. I’m moving in 2 months so I won’t install it. I just want to test it over a weekend so I know it’s a keeper or not.. then it’ll get boxed up ready for my man room! My other tv is on the wall behind it.. it’s a js9000 that has been great for 2-3 years, until 2 weeks ago when it all of a sudden had serious light bleed in the sides.. it’ll go back to the shop when I move..
A Brit with a Nordic taste!!! Even better
Thanks for sharing the experience with us
We let you enjoy it now in peace...

Software version is 1021 with no new updates?? The Americans are on like 1056 or something?

A Brit with a Nordic taste!!! Even better
Thanks for sharing the experience with us
We let you enjoy it now in peace...
Ok dude anything you want to know just let me know and I’ll see if I can sort it out.. but remember the misses is going to want the coffee table back soon so I’ll have to pack it up I’ll write a proper first impression post when I have and if anything I find I’ll let you guys know.. :thumbsup:

I would like to have a 55 inch but it is too expensive unfortunately !
I am sure that Samsung even half price is a winner but it proffite on the consumer !

Got mine set up after receiving on Weds. must say it is a cracking tv with amazing uniformity and backlight. Viewing angle isn’t bad either
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG

Got mine set up after receiving on Weds. must say it is a cracking tv with amazing uniformity and backlight. Viewing angle isn’t bad either View attachment 1007281View attachment 1007282
Congrats...
Can you please share more pics when you can of hd and blu ray (standard and uhd if you have).
What do you think of the sound in a home setting? Was impressive in showroom

Will get some up over the weekend. Tonight’s job consisted of sorting the one connect cable out so my daughter wouldn’t pull on it. Not connect my amp up yet but over the last few days have been quite impressed with the sound. It does carry some weight to it, but the tv is quite bulky so ii wasn’t a massive surprise the sound is decent

Got mine set up after receiving on Weds. must say it is a cracking tv with amazing uniformity and backlight. Viewing angle isn’t bad either View attachment 1007281View attachment 1007282

It may just be the camera but it looks like there is a darker bar on the left and right hand side of the golf the top right grass looks like it is gray and the golfer taking a shot has looks over exposed on his shirt

On the second pic the right hand side looks very purple in the bottom right as I say it could be the camera, it is never easy to take pics of a tv screen. or it could be 'cos both pics have the tv tilting down. I have read the vertical angle on the sets is something that needs careful attention

It may just be the camera but it looks like there is a darker bar on the left and right hand side of the golf the top right grass looks like it is gray and the golfer taking a shot has looks over exposed on his shirt

On the second pic the right hand side looks very purple in the bottom right as I say it could be the camera, it is never easy to take pics of a tv screen. or it could be 'cos both pics have the tv tilting down. I have read the vertical angle on the sets is something that needs careful attention

It’s my crappy iPhone camera mate. The uniformity on this tv is flawless.

well that is good to know, the viewing angle of LCD sets can be a problem but if there is no problem on the Q9 then great

88A85081-6571-4FDD-834B-046F6B86E3CB.jpeg
This tv is really good.. this is what the kids were watching, source is Netflix from the tv in hd. Looks so good in day time too! 4K hdr lost in space looks epic!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom