Samsung Q9FN QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

PanasonicDX902B

Take it nothing in the service menu locks the software?
That’s a very good question actually ... but even if it does, I am certain Samsung won’t let us in on it ... they were deliberately lying to me for a month regarding the automatic update ... so yeah, good point ... I will try and find out, and include it in my case against them ... thank you ! Enjoy your day and keep in touch with any new information ...

Can't watch anything on Amazon prime today on Samsung (but can on other devices in my house and a Panasonic TV fine). Q9FN comes up with an error when I try to play anything "error 5002" which is blank for results on google.

c__w

Try full power down and reboot? Working fine on mine, just noticed a new Grand Tour is on.

I did try that, I left it be yesterday I will report back if it works or not if it doesn't I will reset my Amazon password cause I entered it into my phone browser wrong a bunch of times and am wondering if somekind of lock has been put on my account till i reset it. Doesn't explain why Panasonic TV's Amazon video app is working but it is a older TV and def uses a diffarant version of the Amazon prime app.

If above doesn't fix it I will try other methods such as seeing if i can delete or clear cache of the amazon app on Samsung and logout and back in etc.

c__w

Try router reset too? I find different devices continue to work online when others drop out and a reset often helps.

AVRAG

Can anyone explain what the ST.2084 slider does please? Anyone found tweaking it up and down to find better PQ results?

andym81

Forgive me if this has been covered before but there are nearly 300pages on here.
Is it possible to get dolby digital plus on apple tv, its greyed out in the menu.

I can have dolby+ on Netflix amazon and Disney plus. Is this a a limitation of the apple app

[email protected]

Novice Member
Is there a way to shut the screen off completely while playing audio from the inbuilt apps? I like to listen YouTube concerts but prefer a dark room. Best I’ve come up with so far is to set brightness, colour and contrast to 0 but it’s not dark enough :mad:

Is there a way to shut the screen off completely while playing audio from the inbuilt apps? I like to listen YouTube concerts but prefer a dark room. Best I’ve come up with so far is to set brightness, colour and contrast to 0 but it’s not dark enough :mad:

Afraid I do not believe there is! I was shocked to find it couldn't turn the screen off since all Panasonic TV's I have owned have had this feature. I also thought you couldn't get the Q9FN to turn itself off after a certain amount of time but you can via its voice control on silver remote by speaking "Set sleep timer for 30 minutes" etc and it works.

Maybe there is a speach feature to get the screen to turn off only.

mstar

Hello ALl

I have a annoying thing which really annoys me which i hope you can help.

Everytime i switch on the TV and want to view lets say TV App Netflix, You Tube/Amazon prime, the sky box switches on. Is there a way to not have the hdmi signal switch on the sky Q box on? and ONLY switch on when i press the power button on the sky q remote and then the tv switches to it.

Its such an annoying thing as i am constantly manually turning off the sky q box when i never switched it on -i only turned on the TV to watch netflix tv app.

Any workarounds?

raf77

Turning off HDMI-CEC, should help.

mstar

Hi thanks, will switching it off will mean it will not switch my soundbar (using hdmi arc port) ON?

Also when switching on sky q box it will automatically detect signal and switch to sky TV?

raf77

Try.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom