Samsung Q9FN QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Chrisgixer

Q9fn, YouTube app, any HDR content, does anyone see odd horizontal white lines in dark scenes. Not always there. Not present in any other source. ...?

also getting intermittent non response to remote control inputs. Remote red light flashes so it’s sending. Tv seems to lag then catch up all the commends. I have tried the resets of tv and re pair the remote No change.

firmware 1300 not the .4 version yet

I’m hoping it’s YouTube or web issue

blackmesa8

Thought I would post on here and explain what has been happening to my Q9FN since Friday 16th.

Friday evening I was watching a movie HD not HDR on Disney+ app and suddenly TV shut off as if power had went out then it seemed to immediately turn back on and made a clicking sound. It failed and tried again over and over clicking every 1 second or so two clicks rapidly everytime it clicked, to stop it I had to pull plug. After that it worked.

Sunday today it happens again I am on HDMI 3 which is a Chromecast ultra I had only had the TV on around 10 minutes and it turned off and did the clicking thing again. The clicking is coming from the OCB and i think it is the same click you get if you soft reset your Q9FN by holding power button down on remote for 5 seconds.

However it is worse since the 2nd time it did the clicking thing its lost the ability to send sound through its optical output to my soundbar, what is worse the TV speakers are locked to a single volume and will not change despite claiming its changing volume. I have set it in the audio settings back to the TV speakers so its not a setting issue. Interestingly if I set speakers to optical output they carry on outputting through the TV's internal ones too and soundbar gets no signal.

It is quite obviase to me it is failing from some Google searches it sounds like its a Capacitor issue.

I will be contacting richer sounds tomorrow because it is still under warranty.

Chrisgixer

Thought I would post on here and explain what has been happening to my Q9FN since Friday 16th.

Friday evening I was watching a movie HD not HDR on Disney+ app and suddenly TV shut off as if power had went out then it seemed to immediately turn back on and made a clicking sound. It failed and tried again over and over clicking every 1 second or so two clicks rapidly everytime it clicked, to stop it I had to pull plug. After that it worked.

Sunday today it happens again I am on HDMI 3 which is a Chromecast ultra I had only had the TV on around 10 minutes and it turned off and did the clicking thing again. The clicking is coming from the OCB and i think it is the same click you get if you soft reset your Q9FN by holding power button down on remote for 5 seconds.

However it is worse since the 2nd time it did the clicking thing its lost the ability to send sound through its optical output to my soundbar, what is worse the TV speakers are locked to a single volume and will not change despite claiming its changing volume. I have set it in the audio settings back to the TV speakers so its not a setting issue. Interestingly if I set speakers to optical output they carry on outputting through the TV's internal ones too and soundbar gets no signal.

It is quite obviase to me it is failing from some Google searches it sounds like its a Capacitor issue.

I will be contacting richer sounds tomorrow because it is still under warranty.
I’d stop turning it on before more damage is done. If not under warranty I’d guess a new component could be soldered in. But a new OCB otherwise. I had a sony amp do the same. Dry joint on a relay

blackmesa8

I’d stop turning it on before more damage is done. If not under warranty I’d guess a new component could be soldered in. But a new OCB otherwise. I had a sony amp do the same. Dry joint on a relay
Thanks for info, I am switching it around with a older Panasonic TV from another room that I don't use as much.
Samsung does have warranty so I will be phoning richer sounds tomorrow about this.

AVRAG

For gamers:
Looking ahead to Series X and PS5. What would be the best optimal set up for 120hz? Standard game mode and let the console do the talking, or turn on freesync mode(vrr?) and let the TV fine tune?

I'm not entirely sure how it works but I'm just starting to think ahead to make sure I'm clear with how best to set up. Thanks in advance.

Beany31

Distinguished Member
For gamers:
Looking ahead to Series X and PS5. What would be the best optimal set up for 120hz? Standard game mode and let the console do the talking, or turn on freesync mode(vrr?) and let the TV fine tune?

I'm not entirely sure how it works but I'm just starting to think ahead to make sure I'm clear with how best to set up. Thanks in advance.
At 4K we won’t be able to game at 120hz. Maybe at 1440p or 1080p as we have hdmi 2.0 and no word of Samsung upgrading the OCB

charles

I have the 75 " Q9FN.The Audio Return Channel does not seem to be of the latest type so for the sound from the TV,Virgin and Netflix would their be any advantage with HDMI over optical

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom