Samsung Q95T (QE55Q95T) QLED 4K TV Review & Comments

With all the discussion of alternatives at the end of the review (which was excellent), I can't help but feel that given all the compromises made and reduced spec compared to last year's model, that this is an excellent TV but for a rather specific niche and set of needs, whereas most would be better served with a different model....

Steve, detailing the clearance of the stand is most helpful thank you.

I'm looking to replace my 55" Q7FN from 2018 with this model but I was concerned about having enough room for the HW-N950 which sits in front. However 110mm is plenty of clearance.

Nice review,i didnt understand dose all 4 hdmi ports support 4k/120 hdr?

Good review. Glad that Samsung are learning from their mistakes

When OLED review is posted, people get hung up too much of peak brightness. Wondering if the same set of people will whinge about just 120 zones over 500 we got last year

So put the numbers in the bin and only use it a guidance. :)

Nice review,i didnt understand dose all 4 hdmi ports support 4k/120 hdr?
Yes, all four HDMI ports support 4K, 120Hz, 10-bit, 4:4:4, HDR10+, VRR and ALLM, and one of them supports eARC. This is identical to the HDMI ports on LG's 4K TVs this year, which don't use the full 48Gbps chipsets found on its 2019 TVs.

If there is no Dolby Atmos then am I right it reverts to Dolby Digital 5.1/Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 for Atmos Content on both Netflix and AppleTV iTunes/AppleTV+?

If there is no Dolby Atmos then am I right it reverts to Dolby Digital 5.1/Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 for Atmos Content on both Netflix and AppleTV iTunes/AppleTV+?
There's no onboard Atmos decoding, so yes it just decodes the audio as DD 5.1 or DD+ 5.1 if available. However it can pass Atmos back via ARC from the built-in apps to a soundbar or receiver.

Yes, all four HDMI ports support 4K, 120Hz, 10-bit, 4:4:4, HDR10+, VRR and ALLM, and one of them supports eARC. This is identical to the HDMI ports on LG's 4K TVs this year, which don't use the full 48Gbps chipsets found on its 2019 TVs.
Steve thanks for info,so this means that 2020 series from LG and Samsung dont have hdmi 2.1 support on not even one hdmi port?

Steve thanks for info,so this means that 2020 series from LG and Samsung dont have hdmi 2.1 support on not even one hdmi port?
I'm only talking about the 4K TVs, the 8K TVs have at least one full 48Gbps HDMI 2.1 port. However, given the 4K TVs use 10-bit panels, I think support for 4K, 120Hz, 10-bit, 4:4:4, HDR10+, VRR and ALLM, and eARC is sufficient.

Make things a lot clearer for me thans Steve :thumbsup:

I'm only talking about the 4K TVs, the 8K TVs have at least one full 48Gbps HDMI 2.1 port. However, given the 4K TVs use 10-bit panels, I think support for 4K, 120Hz, 10-bit, 4:4:4, HDR10+, VRR and ALLM, and eARC is sufficient.
Steve i use hdmi port 4 for pc gaming 4k/120 on old q90r...is it possible to check dose this port also suport HDR with 4k/120?
Sorry for oftopic.

So the big question is 77CX or 75’’ or 85‘’of this

Last edited:
Hi Steve. So would you say the picture quality of Q95T is better than the Q90R?

So the big question is 77CX or 75’’ or 82‘’ of this
77cx but depends on viewing habits but i think cx is just a step up ;)

All the ports on the Q95T support 4K/120Hz HDR, but I'm not sure about the Q90R.
I understand that but i was asking about that one port on Q90R wich support 4k/120 :)

The Q95T obviously has fewer zones, but I'd say the overall performance in terms of SDR and HDR is at least as good, and in the case of HDR the tone mapping is more accurate.
Nice how they menage to level up performance with less zones.

Excellent review Steve, if only LG and other manufacturers adopted the one connect box approach, can’t understand their logic regarding discrete connectivity.

I was interested in this tv but no dolby vision is a real issue.
Is the picture on the 800T really worth the extra money

Hi @Steve Withers, I note from your review that the one connect cable is 10m with an optional 15m.

Assuming you intend to place the one connect box besides the TV, clearly 10m is a hole lorra cable(!) so in terms of cable management, would you know if there's any possibilities of Samsung bringing out shorter cables or is it just a case of sticking a cable tie round the excess to keep it looking tidy (third world problems I know)!!?!!

I’d be all over these Samsung TVs if they had the three things that are in the con points. The main one for me is Dolby Vision. I bet it would look amazing on these sets. Maybe this year Samsung will realise that adding DV isn’t admitting failure and losing pride. It’s just offering more of what the customer wants. (Like Panasonic)

I’m currently on a LGE6 which I love. But I’d like a new LCD for our extension (When it’s built) because the wife will want Sky news on (or similar) for hours at a time. I don’t fancy the worry about image retention.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom