Quantcast

Samsung Q95T (QE55Q95T) QLED 4K TV Review & Comments

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Steve.. just got off of chat with Samsung and they are saying the q90t and q95t are both 10 bit (8bit + FRC) and not a true 10 bit panel. That the true 10 bit panels don't start until the 800T can you give some more insight into this?
First I've hears of it, but I'll ask for clarification.

Benzyl

Is it just me or is this thing that LG and Samsung have about not supporting Dolby Vision or HDR10+ depending on what TV you buy really bad for us consumers?

I mean do you have to choose your content provider based on your TV? surely the TV needs to support all formats?

if this keeps up then I will keep my C7 for a long time

CarMad

Steve.. just got off of chat with Samsung and they are saying the q90t and q95t are both 10 bit (8bit + FRC) and not a true 10 bit panel. That the true 10 bit panels don't start until the 800T can you give some more insight into this?
Seems completely inconclusive. Seems 3 or 4 people have asked this and all have got a different answer.

Some reviews same as Steves say 10 bit for the Q90/95 and 8bit +FRC for everything below.

CarMad

Is it just me or is this thing that LG and Samsung have about not supporting Dolby Vision or HDR10+ depending on what TV you buy really bad for us consumers?

I mean do you have to choose your content provider based on your TV? surely the TV needs to support all formats?

if this keeps up then I will keep my C7 for a long time
Samsung don't want to pay the loyalty for Dolby Vision and have obviously dug their heals in. Don't forget you still get HDR10 when watching DV content so all is not lots. Many find the difference very subtle and in some reviews prefer HDR10, each to their own.

Benzyl

Samsung don't want to pay the loyalty for Dolby Vision and have obviously dug their heals in. Don't forget you still get HDR10 when watching DV content so all is not lots. Many find the difference very subtle and in some reviews prefer HDR10, each to their own.
They pass that on to customers anyway.

In my mind, the TV should be able to play the formats that are broadcast and Streamed not what th manufacturer wants to support, I get format wars for Discs, but arguably Netflix and Disney Plus use Dolby Vision so why would I buy a TV that doesn't display that.

CarMad

In my mind, the TV should be able to play the formats that are broadcast and Streamed not what th manufacturer wants to support, I get format wars for Discs, but arguably Netflix and Disney Plus use Dolby Vision so why would I buy a TV that doesn't display that.
I completely agree but silly decisions and commercials get in the way and us the consumer loses out. Whilst we understand the advantages, the vast majority of consumers wouldn’t have a clue about the differences or care it’s not there. That’s what Samsung are betting on and for them sales are likely unaffected; so they carry on with the currently disappointing short sighted stance.

WidgetTWW

Novice Member
Hi All,

I just got the 85 inch model of this TV and am looking to see which wall mount should be used, I dont seem to see anything on Samsung site, and direction greatly appreciated.
And there it is: No Gap Wall-Mount 2020 WMN-R30EA (85 inch) | Samsung NL
The 2020 'No Gap' (7mm minimum distance to the wall) for the 85 inch models. It will be released in June. The mount for the 75 inch will be available in August.

Daggla

Because the differences are minimal, it's not DV or nothing. It's DV vs HDR10, which is pretty damn fine in its own..
90% of the people would barely know the difference, 100% if you don't have a TV next to it that does support it.
It's a nuisance at best that it doesn't have it, but certainly not a flaw that is insurmountable as some people pretend it is. (not referring to you btw!)

Steve Withers

Reviewer
Samsung has confirmed that true 10-bit panels are only used on the Q900T/Q950TS. I asked about the Q800T, but they weren't sure and will check with Korea and get back tomorrow.

Cambjones

Standard Member
After contacting Samsung NL, they admitted that the No Gap 2020 wall mount will be available after the summer. The No Gap Mount 2019 is not compatible. This is due to a design mistake on the 2020 models: It is no longer possible to completely mount the One Connect cable in the housing of the television. When you use the 2019 or '2020' Samsung No Gap wallmount on the Q95t models the one connect cable will break.

In the end we bought the Vogels WALL 3305 to mount the Samsung Q95T.
Oh no I just took delivery of a Q95T 75 and one if the main selling points was the no gap wall mount.
I also purchased the 2019 no gap wall mount because it was offered as an accessory on check out on the Samsung site.
I started up a support chat a couple of days ago and the guy assured me I didn’t need the 2019 no gap wall mount because the Q95T was a flagship and it included the wall mount in the box. Even when I send him a screen capture of the manual that said it needed to be purchased separately. I’ve not unpacked my TV yet. I’ve sent the 2019 wall mount back.
Now I found this thread. Very annoying.
So sounds like even when they do ship the 2020 wall mount it want be no gap.