Samsung Q95T Possible screen problem or One Connect Box!

Lotta

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all My sister bought a Samsung Q95T, 65 inch version, yesterday.

The TV worked perfectly all day, but in the evening, it found the presence of a blackened part at the top of the screen (a kind of backlight). Suddenly!
After mounting, the TV was tested for dead pixels, DSE (present effect, obviously, but not something annoying), etc. There was no major problem.

After encountering that problem with the backligt, he unplugged the TV and restarted it after 5 minutes. The backlight was gone!

At the same time, when he installed One Connect Box, he placed it over another electronic device, which also worked.
He suspects that this was the cause, an overheating of the One Connect Box, which generated that backlight. Did a problem with that One Connect Box or that device placed over it cause this inconvenience?

Personally, I recommended her to come back immediately, not to stop thinking, but she doesn't want to, because she really likes the TV and said to try it for a few more days.

Or would it be better to return the TV?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• 20210317_195510.jpg
    20210317_195510.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 20210317_195827.jpg
    20210317_195827.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 20210317_195829.jpg
    20210317_195829.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 20210317_200102.jpg
    20210317_200102.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 216
The backlights are arranged in a grid and it looks like one section of the grid was not lighting at all. The gradual fall off at the edges is backlight overspill from the surrounding backlights in the other sections of the grid.

As the image itself is fine (it's just dimmer in that section as seen on the person's face) I am not sure how that would be a one connect box issue.

Try updating the firmware, I had a problem when I updated from a usb it dimmed the side dimming zones , so the panel looked like I was looking through a scope. I reset the TV and turned off and it was all fine

Thanks for the idea, but say that the function is not available !!! I don't even bother anymore, a rather bad DSE was also discovered, next week I apply for a return, considering that it is in the legal period in which the money can be returned and recovered.

Extremely disappointed by these problems, at a TV that has a price compared to an OLED. Or even bigger!

Extremely disappointed by Samsung, which knows about these problems (there are too many reported cases) and does not take any action.

The TV does not belong to me, it belongs to my sister. I tried to help her make a good decision about the purchase (I recommended the model), but it seems we were fooled!

Better a cheap TV, without complicated technologies, at least you don't expect anything too high quality.

Did your sister resolve this? I have just bought a qe65q95t and it’s not working very well at all. Wired Ethernet and all the hdmi’s are not working. Got it on WiFi and set some bits up but now it’s not showing a picture at all. Very disappointed and Samsung have been zero help.

@ianmacd Hello, yes! He got rid of him, I took him!
Where at first I was skeptical about this model, then I liked it so much that I exchanged.
I gave him an OLED BX.

The mentioned problem did not appear, I hope it does not even appear.

I have no problems with the WI-FI connection, and so far I have only used the 5V inputs, from the sides.

The only negative thing (but not something serious) are the vertical lines, which can be seen on certain color backgrounds.

Otherwise, so far, I have not noticed anything else.
Many advertise various problems caused by updates.
I'm not even going to ruin it with updates!

I am sincerely sorry for the problems encountered!

Hello,
updates are good mostely, but there are some nasty side effects that appear time to time.
@ianmacd if you have problems with those ports you should contact samsung and arrange inhome repair. Its probably faulty motherboard in OC box or faulty OC cable...

Thanks guys. Waiting for Samsung to give me a date.

Thanks guys. Waiting for Samsung to give me a date.
Now I recall, one customer had similar problem with different model. OC cable and OC motherboard was to be changed, mainly the motherboard was not working properly.
Just for information :)

Samsung Eng came out today and said immediately it was the cable. Replaced and all is good. Thanks for the comments.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom