Samsung Q950TS 8K QLED owners thread

Got my order in and getting soon! Can’t wait!

Getting the 75-inch QLED.

Pictures to follow...

Steve Withers review:

Should be getting it within the next 2 weeks.

Ooo la la:

Attachments

• C33D6131-3E77-45AD-975A-2E39B9CAB738.jpeg
    C33D6131-3E77-45AD-975A-2E39B9CAB738.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 119
Interesting TV!

Attachments

• 2A04AADF-F7D5-4971-99BB-E1408DD6CA8A.jpeg
    2A04AADF-F7D5-4971-99BB-E1408DD6CA8A.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 92073362-93FC-4930-9632-316C7887D5EB.jpeg
    92073362-93FC-4930-9632-316C7887D5EB.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 105
I don’t have a problem with the stutter and judder to me personally it’s not an issue. No dse, no vertical banding, blacks are not as good as the q950r model but probably more detail with this TV. Hardly any 8K content on YouTube I think I have found 2 8K videos so far! Looks like I will be reverting back to my 8K usb stick again. Colours are fantastic, 8K and 4K look amazing. I wouldn’t recommend buying at the current prices though but would recommend the 4K flagship still. If I was paying I would’ve probably gone with the 4K model. Sd is ok. Football is good with no dse. I am happy though. 👍

I have it on intelligent mode at the moment looks better than standard setting to me. Sound I have put it on amplify setting and sounds much better than normal setting to me.

Manx5

Novice Member
I have DSE on my unit. Raised it with Samsung weeks ago but nothing from them yet.

It's always there but only really noticeable on sports and xbox, anything with a lot of solid colour like grass and its troublesome. Poor grey uniformity seems to be a regular issue with Samsung now it seems. Never had a single issue on my old JS8500. So was disappointed to see DSE on my 950TS. No other issues though.

I have DSE on my unit. Raised it with Samsung weeks ago but nothing from them yet.

It's always there but only really noticeable on sports and xbox, anything with a lot of solid colour like grass and its troublesome. Poor grey uniformity seems to be a regular issue with Samsung now it seems. Never had a single issue on my old JS8500. So was disappointed to see DSE on my 950TS. No other issues though.
Sorry to hear that. I had dse on my Samsung Q950R 75-inch TV but none on my 55-inch or 65-inch models, Samsung replaced my 75-inch with the Samsung 75Q950ts TV. Pretty amazing by Samsung perhaps they can exchange your TV too because you‘re in your first year? Just give Samsung a call and take a photo of the issue and jot down the serial number and take a picture of the receipt and they should sort you out.

I can confirm I have no dse on my new Samsung but I am noticing more and more judder and stutter on recent football matches!

Manx5

Novice Member
Sorry to hear that. I had dse on my Samsung Q950R 75-inch TV but none on my 55-inch or 65-inch models, Samsung replaced my 75-inch with the Samsung 75Q950ts TV. Pretty amazing by Samsung perhaps they can exchange your TV too because you‘re in your first year? Just give Samsung a call and take a photo of the issue and jot down the serial number and take a picture of the receipt and they should sort you out.

I can confirm I have no dse on my new Samsung but I am noticing more and more judder and stutter on recent football matches!

Yeah I've done all that. I was told that it was being passed to the engineers weeks ago and heard nothing since (this was after they told me my proof of purchase was invalid - so I had to challenged that to get them accept). I keep forgetting to chase it up which I really should do.

I've had my TV since November and not experience any judder/stutter/dimming issues which seems to be plaguing others, so I considering myself fortunate to just have DSE.

Manx5

Novice Member
  • ver 1497.0
  • 1599.31 MB
  • Mar 08. 2021

Samsung have released new firmware. I can't find any patch notes yet though.
Yeah, I updated earlier this morning. I assume it won't fix my DSE issue as I suspect that is panel related, and not having any of the other problems others are suffering with (judder and game mode issues in particular), I'm a bit of a useless source to spot where the update has changed?

Nothing has got worse from updating at least.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom